New version, 0.72b1 - Page 3

New version, 0.72b1

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
traudi

Post by traudi »

I just instaled the regular installer - works now thx! But even when playing in single player with the settings at medium rate (and no extras like dynamic water etc.) I get a really bad photoshow instead of a fluent game - I could run the previous version with 3x speed without problems?

Is there something else I could turn down (I`ve got a 3.1GHz machine which should do the most without problems I believe)
knorke

Post by knorke »

When I installed it, it identified all my maps as "old", and moved them to an /oldmaps/ directory. o_O
The installer does that everytime for me :roll:
There are probally _some_ old maps in the map-folder and then the installer decides to move _all_ maps.

If you go through the maplist in the lobby, you might notice the description of some maps is messed up.
Those should be deleted i think.
Eaglebird

Post by Eaglebird »

knorke wrote:
When I installed it, it identified all my maps as "old", and moved them to an /oldmaps/ directory. o_O
The installer does that everytime for me :roll:
There are probally _some_ old maps in the map-folder and then the installer decides to move _all_ maps.

If you go through the maplist in the lobby, you might notice the description of some maps is messed up.
Those should be deleted i think.
From a mapmaking point of view, that happens in code when you do something like STUFF{ MORESTUFF{ THIS{x}} leaving any of those brackets off will cause it to do that. It is a map problem, and unless you feel like fixing it yourself, then yea, delete it.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Cant be that hard to make a script or a simple program to go into the sdz/7s open the smds, check the number of brackets and close em all up.
Eaglebird

Post by Eaglebird »

Comp1337 wrote:Cant be that hard to make a script or a simple program to go into the sdz/7s open the smds, check the number of brackets and close em all up.
Probably not, but I was thinking about it, and there was something else to take into account. Either way, if a map is downloaded and something happened to it, corrupting the smd, a simple program like that may end up doing something like:
{
{
TEAM X{
BLAH
BL'___' <-- missing info }
}
}
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

AFAIK the problem isnt missing data, its that many people use the SMD creator. IIRC that doesn't close its blocks properly.
Eaglebird

Post by Eaglebird »

Comp1337 wrote:AFAIK the problem isnt missing data, its that many people use the SMD creator. IIRC that doesn't close its blocks properly.
Yea, something about saving. Seems to work fine if you just close it though. xD
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Weaver wrote:I could be mistaken, but at some point in the last few versions maps stopped rendering with 16bit heightmap precision. :cry:
Don't worry it was something else.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Oh, and big thanks fixing the lobby colours! Finaly, i can see if my friends are in a game. :D

Return to “News”