New version, 0.70b3 - Page 2

New version, 0.70b3

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Generuler

Post by Generuler »

I can't connect to any of the servers anymore :(

any1 know what to do?
I pinged the servers in the console and they worked fine :(
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Have you tried to reset the server to taspringmaster.clan-sy.com?
Generuler

Post by Generuler »

yes i have
Betalord
Former Engine Dev

Post by Betalord »

try either clearing your dns cache or lowering your firewall
Tweenk

Post by Tweenk »

This buildpic bug is more general, when you try to issue a reclaim area order to some con unit using not the left mouse button, but right mouse button, strange things happen... Center of the circle is a fixed distance off-screen no matter where you click and drag. This is when using rotatable overhead camera, haven't tested it with other cameras. LMB-issued order works OK however.

PS One very nice feature would be to have a rotatable overhead camera that has an option to rotate around the cursor (The point on the ground which is under the cursor)... It would make watching battles more entertaining :) . If such option exists and I simply haven't noticed, it should be switched with the existing mode of rotation - round-the-cursor mode is much more "natural" IMO (in term of ease of usage, not actual ability to view the battlefield like this in real world) :wink:
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Rotating the camera around the point you're looking at? I believe thats the populous 3 camera, onyl it uses the <> arrow keys to control it. I have a camera like that on my machine but I havent got it working as well as I'd like it to, the rotational part isnt quite upto scratch yet.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Yeah, when rotated, framerate really goes to Heck in a handbasket. Too bad, because if it only worked a bit better, we'd be that much closer to good FPS-control-mode game designs using Spring.
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Yeah, Blame the designers ARgh :P
Tweenk

Post by Tweenk »

AF wrote:I have a camera like that on my machine but I havent got it working as well as I'd like it to
Can you host a modified part of source which does this? And which source file has to be tampered with? :wink: I have some idea how can it be done (in general, you move the camera on the surface of an invisible hemisphere with its center at the position of cursor). I can't promise anythng though because my knowledge of winapi is currently zero.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

you don't need to know any WINAPI stuff do make a camera, in the worst case a bit of OpenGL, but probably just the math to setup the camera and handle mouse input.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I was trying to rotate the camera in the same way that the total war mode does and got to the point where It's rotating about the camera axis I think

I need ti to rotate the target by angle x and rotate the cameras view by angle -x to finish the effect.

Adding camera modes or so on is easy as long as you know how your cameras motion should work....

I guess I should pass my mess of code over to you then..... It'd also be nice if you abstracted the cameras into dll files........
cyclerboy

Post by cyclerboy »

what we need in the next version is SJ's water. oh i cant wait
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

Just for the end-game statistic ;)

Return to “News”