New version, 0.70b1 - Page 4

New version, 0.70b1

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I downloaded the 0.7 source from the download page and wasn't impressed with what i saw.

the directory change tool wouldn't compile as it had a missing closing bracket????

Most of the things I tried to compile including spring itself complained that several files where missing namely GL/glew.h and SDL_types.h
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

You didn't have all dependencies installed (in the right place).

There's a vclibs package somewhere on this site with all dependencies in it.

Apparently you're missing SDL and GLEW...

Also, the directory change tool was for one time use only and specifically tailored to the directory reorganization in spring sourcecode a while ago. It has NOT been maintained or used afterwards.
Benito

Post by Benito »

NOOOOOooooo.....

The new code doesn't work with my graphics tablet. Admittedly game support for such devices is rare, but TA worked alright with it and until this release Spring worked fine also. That means I'll have to use a mouse instead of a pen to control stuff :(

Also it seems I can no longer just dump a ufo in the main spring directory and expect it to pick up a bunch of new units and build them from the ARMVP. Not sure what or where the problem is.
Cyberwal

Post by Cyberwal »

Also the game uses qwerty instead of qwertz, although qwertz is set in windows.. (edit: not that this is bad :P)
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

Well, _I_ think it is at least annoying.
(not because of the z and y swap, but because nearly all non-letter characters are mapped different, and it sucks to trial and error ingame)
patmo98

Post by patmo98 »

I just installed it and it worked just fine for me. I did panic when the lobby client took about 2-3mins to start up. That only happend the first time. I did only play a 1min online game. Didn't exactly test it very rigorously. :wink:
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Argh! where are my accented letters? (├â┬Â├â┬ñ├â┬Ñ├â┬╝├â┬┤├â┬▒) WTF? get that fixed! it worked before the update
also, while you're at it, add that to the lobby too.
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

It crashes everytime when I try to build an ARM zipper with XTA 0.66 SE. And yes, it was a clean install ...
patmo98

Post by patmo98 »

colorblind wrote:It crashes everytime when I try to build an ARM zipper with XTA 0.66 SE. And yes, it was a clean install ...
The devs switched to a diffierent TDF parser. The old one was more forgiving of mistakes. The zipper FBI has a typo in it. That is what causes the bug. The best way to get this fixed would be to convince the devs to release a XTA 0.67 SE that doesn't have this bug. Sorry I can't give better news.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

What exactly does the parser not like?

I've been trying to find anything that could cause this problem so throw me a bone won't ya?
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I'm not sure if this is the case or not, but I was in the IRC and someone said something to the effect of not ignoring uncommenter charactersafter semicolons... so

Code: Select all

variable=value;//is good
variable=value; //is bad
even just a space after the semicolon seems to cause problems... the comments are there to illustrate a point...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Actually rather than XTA 0.67 you cna sue the XTA PE 3.0 that th devs bundled as the default mdo instead of the old XTA SE 0.66 from spring 0.67b3
Bobris

Post by Bobris »

Wait for 0.70b2 which will actually report errors of mistakes.
Talking about mod springwdb4.sd7:
There was problem with T-80UD because dash was not in allowed characters for name, but in b2 again will be. So no need to fix.
in ALharpoon.tdf you have this:
weaponvelocity=400; /855km/h

so comment does not start with 2 slashes
And in some next 5 weapons similiar mistakes, I already don't remember.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

The Zipper error in XTA is a single / comment.
Veylon
AI Developer

Post by Veylon »

It looks like I need to do a clean install to make it work.

This parser stuff looks ugly, though. I think OTAI will stick with the old one.

Return to “News”