Shadows in motion

Shadows in motion

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Shadows in motion

Post by Fnordia »

With SJ back from vacation and the new shadow code added into the CVS, I tried it out and made a small video clip. It can be found in the download section.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Wow :shock:

Post by Guest »

Amazing.

Post by Guest »

:cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :cry: :shock: :shock: :D :D

Shadows in motion

Post by Guest »

Impressive work :o

Keep the good stuff comin - can't wait for Spring to be finished

Post by Guest »

I was wonderin if you guys are gonna do more work on the explosions. The look fine and all, but they still seem to have that "instant effect" feel like they do in the original TA game.

Is there any way you could make it more realistic so that it expands realistically and engulfs its targets and only does damage as the targets are struck? That would be a killer effect that would make the game even more realistic :)
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

If you had seen real explosions you wouldn't be saying that.
amekkawi

Post by amekkawi »

Hmm I should have posted to this thread but I posted to another thread on the general forums.

Check it out at http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewt ... =3488#3488
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

i want this game so bad *cummms*
(Dragon45)

Post by (Dragon45) »

Excellent work!
Syffer Bidan

Video 5 is still the best

Post by Syffer Bidan »

As impressive as both this and Video 8 were, Video 5--the hovercraft, sea, and air war--was the most amazing. The use of reflections in the water, smoke trails, and explosions really made that particular video my favorite. I was amazed when the power plant exploded, leaving behind a water-filled crater on the beach. If you guys could re-create that battle, or perform another like it, with the new shadow feature, it would be splendid ^__^
Liam

Post by Liam »

i agree 100% with video 5 being the best, if you have the time, i'd love to see it with shadows too :)
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

Please Please please release a alpha beta gamm or delta or whatever version of this game i want to play it so bad... and with the WoT book delayed soo much i need something to do at home!
KrogothMaster

Amazing

Post by KrogothMaster »

Simply too beautiful for words
KrogothMaster

Amazing

Post by KrogothMaster »

Simply too beautiful for words
KamikazeKatanaMaster

Post by KamikazeKatanaMaster »

jebus, good job guys o_O
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

well its good but its not exactly doom3 :shock: ooohhh just created alot of enemies didnt i. still very good work
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

Doom 3? Since when was that an RTS? You'd probably have to go back a couple years to find an FPS with shadows "as bad" as Spring. As far as RTS's go, I'm sure its right up there. If I just had the extra cash to fork over for Dawn of War, I could give a more exact comparison on shadows on the two engines. (But I'm sure Spring isn't rumored to fry computers... and with my crappy PCI vid card, my comp may not last long in DoW)
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

thats why i said its not exactly doom3

Return to “News”