Spring 93.1 / 93.2 - Page 5

Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
PRO_[JAZZ]
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Jan 2007, 00:44

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by PRO_[JAZZ] »

abma wrote:
PRO_[JAZZ] wrote:I've tried to download and install from the file posted on the home page but I've not been able to get it up and running!
what did you do and what didn't work? which ubuntu version are you using? <12.04 doesn't work with the 64 bit static build of spring. ubuntu 11.10 is supported until April 2013, so you've to upgrade regardingless of spring.
I'm running on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 Bit. I downloaded the 64 bit linux package however it isn't a .deb so there is no way to 'install' it directly. Therefore I was attempting to compile it and then install, unfortunately I'm not very experienced with compiling stuff... I successfully built all dependencies for it- but kept getting an error when trying to 'make' the package. If you could give me a simple to follow walk through of the correct way to install from the provided files I would really appreciate it!
gajop
Moderator
Posts: 3040
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 20:42

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by gajop »

just use the static builds if you can't compile;
otherwise follow compile instructions as specified on the wiki
abma
Spring Developer
Posts: 3655
Joined: 01 Jun 2009, 00:08

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by abma »

PRO_[JAZZ] wrote: I'm running on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 Bit. I downloaded the 64 bit linux package however it isn't a .deb so there is no way to 'install' it directly. Therefore I was attempting to compile it and then install, unfortunately I'm not very experienced with compiling stuff... I successfully built all dependencies for it- but kept getting an error when trying to 'make' the package. If you could give me a simple to follow walk through of the correct way to install from the provided files I would really appreciate it!
what did you download? i guess the 7z package. you have to extract it and then run it... no installation required.
User avatar
albator
Posts: 866
Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 14:20

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by albator »

PRO_[JAZZ] wrote:
abma wrote:
PRO_[JAZZ] wrote:I've tried to download and install from the file posted on the home page but I've not been able to get it up and running!
what did you do and what didn't work? which ubuntu version are you using? <12.04 doesn't work with the 64 bit static build of spring. ubuntu 11.10 is supported until April 2013, so you've to upgrade regardingless of spring.
I'm running on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 Bit. I downloaded the 64 bit linux package however it isn't a .deb so there is no way to 'install' it directly. Therefore I was attempting to compile it and then install, unfortunately I'm not very experienced with compiling stuff... I successfully built all dependencies for it- but kept getting an error when trying to 'make' the package. If you could give me a simple to follow walk through of the correct way to install from the provided files I would really appreciate it!
Simplest way is
- download the static
- extract it
- use your regular spring lobby (so all config file, map, etc are still usable)
- modify the path for:
-> the executable
-> the sync lib
Vladimir
Posts: 14
Joined: 08 Feb 2013, 01:12

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by Vladimir »

so how about a spring 91 download link?

I mean really, you release a broken updated version but dont provide a link to working version
User avatar
knorke
Posts: 7971
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 01:02

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by knorke »

Vladimir wrote:so how about a spring 91 download link?
The links in 91 thread still work:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28630
I mean really, you release a broken updated version but dont provide a link to working version
Good point actually :) but it is more zero-k's fault. The server was updated to 93 but zero-k went back to 91.0 but I think there was no notice what to do for players not using zk-lobby.
(linux users etc)
User avatar
PepeAmpere
Posts: 587
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 01:28

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by PepeAmpere »

Backtracking

Do you know the tale about a hobbit? In one certain moment he realized it's time to go back, too.

image?
(click for detail view)

This is notAjoke!
Broker
Posts: 156
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 13:16

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by Broker »

Terrible patching. some time my units do not remember their orders or its order change with out my decision. some times color of may buildings and units change on color my ally players. game BA.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer
Posts: 1203
Joined: 29 May 2010, 23:40

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by dansan »

Broker wrote:some times color of may buildings and units change on color my ally players. game BA.
I think I have seen that on a friends PC with a static linux build using intel-gfx and both widgets enemy_spotter and TeamPlatter on. Disabling one (we disabled enemy_spotter) solved it.
Broker
Posts: 156
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 13:16

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by Broker »

dansan wrote:
Broker wrote:some times color of may buildings and units change on color my ally players. game BA.
I think I have seen that on a friends PC with a static linux build using intel-gfx and both widgets enemy_spotter and TeamPlatter on. Disabling one (we disabled enemy_spotter) solved it.
in my spring teamPlatter is on and enemy_spotter is off, but problem remains....
User avatar
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer
Posts: 683
Joined: 20 Oct 2009, 13:04

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by jamerlan »

Broker wrote: in my spring teamPlatter is on and enemy_spotter is off, but problem remains....
don't bother, it will be fixed in new release
User avatar
Johannes
Posts: 1265
Joined: 17 Sep 2010, 15:49

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by Johannes »

jamerlan wrote:
Broker wrote: in my spring teamPlatter is on and enemy_spotter is off, but problem remains....
don't bother, it will be fixed in new release
It will?

http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=2922
User avatar
koshi
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1059
Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 16:15

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by koshi »

93.1 packages are now in the build queue: https://launchpad.net/~spring/+archive/staging
Someone needs to copy them to spring ppa proper once they're done. I have very spotty net connection atm and can not.
User avatar
albator
Posts: 866
Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 14:20

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by albator »

Any ETA on 94 ? you notice the number of player kinda drop....
zerver
Spring Developer
Posts: 1358
Joined: 16 Dec 2006, 20:59

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by zerver »

No, but very soon.
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by Satirik »

zerver rules !! all hail zerver ! when the MT job will be done and stabilized, spring will be WAY better for everybody !
User avatar
Cheesecan
Posts: 1571
Joined: 07 Feb 2005, 21:30

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by Cheesecan »

albator wrote:you notice the number of BA player kinda drop....
most non-dsd ppl left
doesn't help that HoTS was just released either
zerver
Spring Developer
Posts: 1358
Joined: 16 Dec 2006, 20:59

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by zerver »

94.0 has just been tagged... if someone left due to the 93.1 pathing failure plz come back :)
muckl
Posts: 151
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 07:18

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by muckl »

zerver wrote:94.0 has just been tagged... if someone left due to the 93.1 pathing failure plz come back :)
the child is already fallen into well :P

http://planetspads.free.fr/spring/stats ... _104_4.png
User avatar
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer
Posts: 14638
Joined: 17 Nov 2005, 02:43

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by Forboding Angel »

Cheesecan wrote:
albator wrote:you notice the number of BA player kinda drop....
most non-dsd ppl left
doesn't help that HoTS was just released either
This is what happens when you royally fuck up a release...
Post Reply

Return to “News”

cron