New version, 0.67b1 - Page 3

New version, 0.67b1

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Kelson

Post by Kelson »

So the server is requiring a client patch, but is trying to do so via http (which is failing for whatever reason). Where can I acquire the patch by itself?
Betalord
Former Engine Dev

Post by Betalord »

here, but auto-update should work though. What exactly doesn't work? Do you get any error message?
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

A friend of mine also had troubles auto-upgrading. He's behind a very heavy firewall and surfs via a proxy, which could be the source of the troubles.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

The rotatable overhead is my favourite view now! A middle click to choose camera orientation, and then I just pan with the screen edge!

However, it has the problem of not using a center centered on the middle of the screen:
- Pressing T to follow a unit doesn't work well in rotatable overhead since the unit is then centered vertically below the camera instead of being centered in the middle of the screen.
- When using the wheel to zoom in and out, the camera moves vertically instead of moving along the axis of view.

All views still suffer from that problem:
- When T racking a unit, and later using the minimap to move around, the tracking stays enabled, which mean the view reset to over the unit as soon as you release the mouse button. Instead, moving the view with the mimap should disable any T racking in progress.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

The scrolling of the wheel in the Rotatable Overhead is good. If the camera didnt move up and down via the scroll whell, how else would you change the camera height? Find a nice high mountain to run into?

The problem with tracking is very annoying, and I would definatley like to see this one fixed.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Well, easy, I would still use the wheel, and the wheel would move the camera along its axis of view, and so as long as the axis of view isn't perfectly horizontal that would move the camera up and down.

Right now when you move up and down you lose the focus on what the screen was centered on. It's bad. If the wheel moved the camera along its axis, then I would be able to zoom in and out while still keeping the same spot centered on the screen.

Oh, and not only the T racking should be disabled when you use the minimap to move, but also the T racking should stay enabled when you deselect the unit and select other ones. I love having the camera follow a plane while I'm giving order to other units (like, a BB at the rear!).
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

zwzsg wrote:Well, easy, I would still use the wheel, and the wheel would move the camera along its axis of view, and so as long as the axis of view isn't perfectly horizontal that would move the camera up and down.

Right now when you move up and down you lose the focus on what the screen was centered on. It's bad. If the wheel moved the camera along its axis, then I would be able to zoom in and out while still keeping the same spot centered on the screen.

Oh, and not only the T racking should be disabled when you use the minimap to move, but also the T racking should stay enabled when you deselect the unit and select other ones. I love having the camera follow a plane while I'm giving order to other units (like, a BB at the rear!).
Isn't that the main difference between FPS mode and overlook mode?
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

I thought the main difference was that in overhead view, moving the mouse cursor to the screen edge, or using the cursor, panned, while staying in same horinzontal plane, in the overhead view.

Return to “News”