And the new name is ...

And the new name is ...

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
SJ

And the new name is ...

Post by SJ »

Well its the same as the old one. Most people seemed to like spring in some way or another so lazy as we are we will keep TA Spring. When we move away from using TA content it might be a good time to think about renaming it to [x] Spring.

So the logical next step is then that we try to get a logo. If you use the submit file interface we will post them in a poll in a while. Just try to keep to blatantly copyrighted material out of the logos. I guess someone who nows abit more about what sizes we might need will edit this post soon :).

Post by Guest »

I heartily agree with your decision, lazy though it might be :)
crash

Post by crash »

just knock the TA off and replace it with nothing when referring to the general RTS engine. i'm guessing this means a release is not too far away :]
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

how big do the logos have to be?
1280x1024?
320x240?
I really have no idea what you mean by logo, do you mean for the actual game or for this webpage?
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

I submitted a logo; would it be posssible for you guys (SYs) to display the logo choices you have received so we could possibly offer some input?

I know that I'd definitely like to know what people think of my logo. :D
Yogi

Post by Yogi »

But the TA units will be keep in the game? Or the game will be without any TA units?
Coydog

Post by Coydog »

Logo submission made. :)
slick_rick

Replacement for [TA] prefix

Post by slick_rick »

SJ wrote:Well its the same as the old one. Most people seemed to like spring in some way or another so lazy as we are we will keep TA Spring. When we move away from using TA content it might be a good time to think about renaming it to [x] Spring.
It may be a bit too obvious, but wouldn't SY Spring be appropriate. It also rather rolls off the toung... (pronounce the Y with a hard I sound)
ArcaneFalcon

Post by ArcaneFalcon »

What's the deadline on this?

Post by Guest »

Sie Spring! Woo!
ephillips

Post by ephillips »

SY Spring is cool, it rolls of the tongue - I need to know the deadline aswell, I'll probably try to knock osmething up tonight

EDIT: sent one in myself,

PS whoever did that one with the flash tank made an awesome logo

Post by Guest »

he guys .... perhaps we should pay a litte hommage on the great (and now dead) predecessor TA.... TA Spring is the name with most honour... :)

ephillips wrote:SY Spring is cool, it rolls of the tongue - I need to know the deadline aswell, I'll probably try to knock osmething up tonight

EDIT: sent one in myself,

PS whoever did that one with the flash tank made an awesome logo
Storm

Post by Storm »

The author of that tank is TRO - TheRegisteredOne, TAUniverse's local photoshop god.

http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/showthr ... adid=28768
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

Yes! We should pay hommage with our lives! Hey now, getting sued by the government is the best way to die in the name of TA
ephillips

Post by ephillips »

who says we even need to get sued - lets just commit honorable suicide.

on a more sensible note that tank one is by far the best - it beats my one (the nuke explosion, missile and freedom fighter) and every other one there by far IMO

Post by Guest »

YES... in holy God's name, let us fight for the only one acceptable name...

TA: Spring, TA lives again and forever!
ephillips wrote:who says we even need to get sued - lets just commit honorable suicide.

on a more sensible note that tank one is by far the best - it beats my one (the nuke explosion, missile and freedom fighter) and every other one there by far IMO
Daniel54

Post by Daniel54 »

nn
Last edited by Daniel54 on 19 Nov 2004, 20:46, edited 2 times in total.
Boozdeuvash

Post by Boozdeuvash »

I havent any Logo, but I have a caption :

TA Spring : Back end Angry

Cause the core is back and he is angry

Post by Guest »

yeah

Post by Guest »

Why not ask the ultimate man: CHRIS TAYLOR!

Return to “News”