"Spring" imminent? - Page 5

"Spring" imminent?

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
High Caliber

Post by High Caliber »

hmmm... Spring Dreams?
Ray

Name

Post by Ray »

Why are there all these stupid and complicated names running around? Spring Annihilation was good, so kudos to whoever suggested it. No legal issues, simple keep-the-name type of stuff.
BadMan

Post by BadMan »

"The Reawakening"
JeeZ
Site Admin

Post by JeeZ »

KRIG (swedish for "war")
bob

Post by bob »

i once had a game i was plotting out on papper but never was developed, it was called 'isotope...' (55?) something or another. and it was basically a simple but strong engine with modular like settings not so unlike spring. isotope was choosen as you know an isotope is an element that changes very much in its state by the different number of neutrons in it, but never theless it always remains the same element. i dont think isotope 55 would be a good name but its just an example of using a name that describes the game well, kind of how the name 'total annihilation' describes the total mayhem which is loose on the battle fields of the old game. i geuss 'heavy metal' or 'spring' kind of describes the game as well, but avoiding catchy non descriptive names is a definate.
bob again

Post by bob again »

sorry just some more things

1) answer from the site admins autorities, did you guys want an original name, ala no spring in it? i saw you mentioned no TA.

2) just an idea but lets stay away from 'total' and 'annihilation' synanoms. i mean 'blah blah blah obliteration' its just a cheap and obvious ripp off of TA, no offense to all those old mod and developing teams with similar names.

3) any thing with dreams or awakening or other stuff liek that, almost hints for rpg or a game with some plot. if im not mistaken spring is going to be a mutliplayer RTS only, no campaigns right?
ephillips

Post by ephillips »

Whoever suggested autumn had a good idea, it suggests the game is maturing, and it certainly rolls of the tongue nicely.

Autumn gets a vote from me

Krig is good aswell
Justin Case

Post by Justin Case »

Total Retaliation, I've always had a thing for the word Retaliate
Last edited by Justin Case on 05 Nov 2004, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Cutlass81

Post by Cutlass81 »

If it is autumn, then what will we call Winter?

Post by Guest »

Autumn just sounds nicer :P

Total Retaliation sounds like a total rip off, and its not so much retaliation as total war
Mongus

Post by Mongus »

I've always called this game "total construction"
(is what u gotta do to win a multiplayer OTA game.).

a friend of mine did this interesting suggestions

unlimited annihilation (annihilation unlimited)

i like this couse is what sping is becoming to be, unlimited expandability, (uh thats a nice one too)
total expandability, (expendability...) (everything is expendable in total)

another ones of mine are:

total steel control
total control

spring: total control (stc) (construction)
(this is nice)

steel forge, metal works, steel works (spring: steel works) or TA, still works!
lol, that's nice.

TA spring: Steel Works
:D
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

We are looking for basically any ideas free from TA's original trademark, Spring is still definitely an option, or some derivative of it.
Anonymous Joe

Post by Anonymous Joe »

Eternal Combat.

(I know, I know mortal combat...)

Terminal Aggression: 'the' Spring war

('the' is optional)

Post by Guest »

Summer. Which is the end of Spring ;)
Death

A new name

Post by Death »

A new name for a new game that is BASED on TA, thats a tough one because you got to know the lawyer will be all over it. So like the man said nothing with "Total Annihhilation" in it .. or CORE... or ARM or any other references.

SO my picks
"Battle For Control"
"Broken Peace"
"End Of Peace"
"Universal Unrest"
"Dogs Of War" (stretching reference to "Cavedog")
"Artifical Conquest"

That my .025 cents

p.s. <the name "Death" was given to me by a bunch of newbie TA player, they told me to put it up, it's not an ego thing>
Gabba

Post by Gabba »

(Rise of the) Metal Mind

Steel Forge or Spring: Steel Forge (or another name with Forge in it) gets my vote.

Metal Spring (the harshness of metal with the freshness of the new engine!)

Melted Legions (to symbolize the uncountable number of armies that have been melted and burnt in this war)

Recycling Reincarnation (mainly a joke, but it sounds cool, and could refer to the fact that the same metal must have been used for many war machines, since ARM and CORE are always reclaiming wrecks!)

IMO, Spring should stay as the name of the engine, and the different name we are looking for should designate our new, free version of TA, with new names, and a similar storyline and units.
TAG_Weasel

Post by TAG_Weasel »

those names are really boring. Not innovative at all.

Though, as far as i understand, the game will not have missions, I still think the game will/should have a story.
And as long as that story is not written down, this whole discussion is pointless.
So my suggestion would be: Open a thread about the story, and then decide upon the chosen story, what name the game will have.

And since this post won't be read by all those kids, who drop in post their meaningless infantile super dupa mega ultima game names here, i still see a purpose in writing this post: It is good to kill time, in times when you are bored 8)

peace, and roger that
Sincerely Tag Weasel

Post by Guest »

how about gear instead of spring,or bolt even. spring gives me images of green colors and sun shine.
Tangaroa

Post by Tangaroa »

Gear may be ok, but spring is the name it has now, and will do just fine.

And I agree with TAG_Weasel, but will be more blunt, most of the names so far are lame and probably useless.
BlackFish

Post by BlackFish »

Why not just Spring? I like the name the way it is.

Return to “News”