New version, 0.60b1

New version, 0.60b1

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

New version, 0.60b1

Post by Fnordia »

A new version of Spring has now been released, bringing the version number up to 0.60b1. This release includes a bunch of fixes and changes, some of the more noteable are:

- New map format. This makes old maps incompatible, and they cannot be used with this new version. Map authors will hopefully released updated versions of their maps in the near future.
- XTA includes paralyzers and resurrection units, as well as units featuring the new beamlasers. A few balance changes has also been made, details can be found here.
- The multiplayer lobby now connects to the PhoenixWorx server. To get an account, use the Register menu item in the client, or click here.

For a more detailed list of what this versions changes, there is the changelog.

Since there is so much new stuff added, there is bound to be a few new bugs to be found as well. Therefore we are leaving the old multiplayer server up for a few days more, to allow people to play the old version for a little while longer, in case there are any major problems that we did not find in our own testing.

The new version can be installed on top of an existing Spring installation, and it will update files as necessary. If old maps are found, it will give the option to delete or move them to prevent conflicts.

The new release can be found on the download page as usual.
Gunthahaha

Post by Gunthahaha »

I am just downloading it 8)

EDIT: I tried a game against the AI, and the enemy commander created nothing....

RE-EDIT: I don't really understand how I will play in multiplayer now :shock:
Sheekel

Post by Sheekel »

yaa!! Rez-bots!
Gunthahaha

Post by Gunthahaha »

I think commander's footprints are too small compared to his feet :p
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

The Core comm doesn't even get any, talk about half assed ;)
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

So we should get the PWar's client then play there? :?
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

I have a question, it goes a bit like this:
-Radar now jams everyones radar including your own. We will see how this turns out.
- wha?
Do you mean rader jammers now jam everyones radar including your own? Brings me to my second question: But you'd still see your units anyway wouldn't you? So what difference does it make? I'm a bit lost.
mongus

Post by mongus »

archangel... lets talk about that here
http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1793

zoombie, just run the springclient.exe as usual.

remember that you need that pw account aforehand.
speedycvc

Post by speedycvc »

yeah great, i am testing the new version. Nice job...
After 2 hours of test, i see vehicules bug, when you program patrol for airplane kbot or trucks, often there is three or four vehicules who stay near construction plant. Airplanes have prob with terrain level often they were blocked on mars map.
Is there a method to convert maps of TA spring 0.51b to version . 0.60 ?
Globally a very good job thanks a lot.
Last edited by speedycvc on 29 Jul 2005, 12:47, edited 3 times in total.
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

Indeed a nice job. Thanks again Swedish Yankspankers!

Small note: in the download section it says there a 4 new maps included in the release, but there are only 3 ...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Code: Select all

EDIT: I tried a game against the AI, and the enemy commander created nothing.... 
There is no skirmish AI, they havent been released yet.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I think the new radar jamming canclec out your's too means that a cloked unit will be able to sneak into your jammed area. Because there is NO radar whatso ever. Also know jamming will create a big blot on your radar screen, allowing you to shell the area and send scouts over!

The radar targeting is more accurate as well. Now you will target the UNIT not the dot! YAY!
Hunter0000

Post by Hunter0000 »

Beam weapon anti-air... yum

Seriously, go both:
A) Watch some anihalators shoot down fighters (Notice how they lead the target so the plane runs into the beam) and:
B) fly a plane agaist one and watch in horror as the blue beam appaers infront of you!

Also! because burst beam weapons (ala anihalators) can change targets during the burst, you could make some VERY cool looking C&C ino cannonesqu things.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Cool! Can anyone make a screeny of a flare? I have yet to see one. Also why is it that only SOME units make foot prints?
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

It's a lot of effort to add footprint tags to everything :P However, now they can update XTA without updating Spring, unless of course they add a new spring feature that XTA uses.
oso

Post by oso »

And the fix for Operating systems (Spring doesn't work on Windows 98 or Millenium) what?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

wha?! Eitherway I dont see why anyone would want to run 98 or 98 SE on a system fast enough to run spring, and nobody in their right minds should use Windows ME.
oso

Post by oso »

You ought to think about other operating systems :?
I don't want to change my operating system and start from the beginning, all because of a simple game.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Tough.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

oso wrote:(Spring doesn't work on Windows 98 or Millenium) what?
It does work on my sons pc running Millenium.

Return to “News”