TASpring site one month

TASpring site one month

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
SJ

TASpring site one month

Post by SJ »

Yup its about a month since we first set up this site. I know we said already then that it would be about a month to a first release but we are not quite happy with it yet. To somewhat compensate for this here is a new video showing some amphibious action.

Post by Guest »

all i can say is sweet
Storm

Post by Storm »

OMFG...

That was the single, most impressive TA-related thing I have ever seen in my whole life. It is truly and totally amazing to see the engine work out the missiles and cannons shells fly back and forth over the battlefield, the massive dogfights in the sky and of course the magnificent explosions that throws up clouds of dust and mud high up in the air, for all to see. It's a pleasure beyond comprehension to see the terrain being mangled and deformed, under the burden of explosives, knowing how much it can be used in terms of strategic battles.

The 3D free-view engine amazes me beyond all possible reason. This is a truly, marvelous work, that is so extremely good, it almost makes me weep.

I thank you, in the name of the entire Total Annihilation community for the hopes you brought us. For the time you spent for us.

Thank you. Thank you a lot.
BadMan

Post by BadMan »

I have to agree. TA needed a big boost, and this is it. Not to mention your engine can be used for things outside of TA as well. But heck, might as well put the engine to the test with the best rts ever made :)
Frog

Post by Frog »

That video is jaw dropping! I really was stunned when I first watched it. You are simply incredible again, and again. (To think I was flabbergasted by the 3d demorecorder...)
Stealth870

Post by Stealth870 »

Everything that Storm said. You guys truly are awesome, keep up the awesome work. Thank you!
Coydog

Post by Coydog »

Looks amazing. I'm ammused by the bomber that dies because it is hit by a bomb, from a different bomber. :D
Tangaroa

Post by Tangaroa »

Yep, looks truly amazing, even wakes on the hovercraft.

About the bombers getting hit by bombs, that can even happen in TA, but you dont see it very clearly as the bomber is right over the aircraft being bombed.
ladon

wow

Post by ladon »

neat!
Orbu

One month!

Post by Orbu »

God! I'm allready crying... :oops:

But what about a <Definitively TA Spring site>. When will be done?
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

An update site layout is in the works.. so perhaps soon. Hopefully. :)
Justin Case

Post by Justin Case »

the only thing that bothers me a bit is the way the aircraft move
ephillips

Post by ephillips »

omfg that looks amazing, i've watched it about 20 times already...no, honestly
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

OMG :shock:
you got a new fan :) I played TA for a long time and i would love to play a beta version or something like that of TA Spring :)
maverick256

Post by maverick256 »

lol, guess I'm a little late on this one. But that was one awsome video. At first, I thought, this is not impressive.... it looks not much better than our good old original TA. But then, the camera changes angle, flies in, and it's a whole different world. Absolutely amazing. The commander explosion was awsome (maybe a bit smaller than I thought), the shockwave, the dust, the windmill parts flying around.... it makes me want to play TA all over again. Can't wait until beta comes out (although, do take your time, I suspect if it comes out it'll corrupt all my school grades lol). Thanks a lot for making such an awesome engine.
-=TLL=-

awww...

Post by -=TLL=- »

Orbu wrote:God! I'm allready crying... :oops:
awwww... me too!
man, when this is finished, i think ill die in front of m PC lol
ill play this day and night, very very good work! its wonderful, awesome!!
damn... i cant w8 for the beta... :)
Justin Case

Post by Justin Case »

How long crusader? Since 1997?
Marvek

Slow down...

Post by Marvek »

Not trying to discourage the makers of this game, but I'm not convinced before I see all that stuff running smoothly on a screen of a, let's say, 2 Ghz computer. When it was released, I did play Total Annihilation with 120 Mhz, so it's not impossible to make this game run "light", but still I doubt it.

This project is also starting to become less promising as the publication of first version has been delayed. It doesn't really matter, but it's better not to make any guesses about release date unless the product really is ready to be published almost immediatelly.

Though I'm slightly suspicious about the whole project, this is the game that I consider the most interesting right now. Including the commercial games.

Return to “News”