Spring Mark - Page 9

Spring Mark

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

Masure wrote: I also really wonder whats your cpu that runs 4.4Ghz
Model: Intel Pentium 4 w/ Hyper Threading
Core: Prescott
Operating Frequency: 3.4GHz
FSB: 800MHz
Cache: L1/12K+16K; L2/1MB
Voltage: 1.4V
Process: 90 nm
Socket: LGA 775
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

(overclock)
It has 1.7135V running across it (I know, I know..), and has the FSB at 259*4 = 1036mhz :twisted: the multiplier is 17 259*17= 4403 MHz
Masure

Post by Masure »

Oh P4 prescott, I thought you we're talking about a true cpu.

You re definitively a fanboy and probably doesn't know that netburst architecture sucks.

Your 4.4Ghz overclock is great but is done by any true cpu running at 2.5Ghz

Take a look at the P4 965 XE (3.73Ghz) :

It's the same with all benchmarks you could find.
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

Masure wrote:Oh P4 prescott, I thought you we're talking about a true cpu.

You re definitively a fanboy and probably doesn't know that netburst architecture sucks.

Your 4.4Ghz overclock is great but is done by any true cpu running at 2.5Ghz

Take a look at the P4 965 XE (3.73Ghz) :

It's the same with all benchmarks you could find.
what the hell are you babbling about?
2.5 = 4.4... no.
In "specific scenarios" under "specific tasks" the 2.5 will equal or outshine the 4.4 under the newer technology abilities...
but, by no means is it equal speeds.

Edit: (also, SPRING IS SINGLE THREADED MULTI-CORE PROCESSORS WILL NOT HELP SPRING GO FASTER IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!)

The tests you ran on sciencemark are biased.
That website SELLS computer parts, is it not coincidence that the most expensive parts are on the tops of all the lists?
none of the overclockable parts are overclocked?
none of the OTHER important factors of a computer, I.E. the motherboard, are taken into consideration and DIFFERENT socket cpu's with require different motherboards are compared side by side, as if they are on equal platforms??
har.

Damn Frenchie.

get an un-biased report like Toms Hardware, and we may be able to make a judgement. :wink:

here's a link to a REAL processor comparison review... not some half-assed foreign whatthecrap...

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/07/16/cpu_charts_2007/
Masure

Post by Masure »

Before you insult frenchies, french sites and don't believe what I say, you should verify what you say.
2.5 = 4.4... no.
In "specific scenarios" under "specific tasks" the 2.5 will equal or outshine the 4.4 under the newer technology abilities...
but, by no means is it equal speeds.

The tests you ran on sciencemark are biased.
I took the first benchmark in a 20 pages article. But all the benchmarks say the same : 3dsmax, cinebench, mathematica, sciencemark, mp3enc (lame), oggenc (eac), divx/xvid (vdub), tmpegenc, winrar, farcry, fear, doom, ut, ...

I wonder what you do on your comp that is not one of these tasks (nothing ?)

Check your toms it will say the same : http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu_2007. ... &chart=420
That website SELLS computer parts, is it not coincidence that the most expensive parts are on the tops of all the lists?
MatBe.com doesn't sell anything, it just provide price comparison links next to articles just like toms do...
none of the overclockable parts are overclocked?
none of the OTHER important factors of a computer, I.E. the motherboard, are taken into consideration and DIFFERENT socket cpu's with require different motherboards are compared side by side, as if they are on equal platforms??
har.
Netburst sucks, you can clock it, it will be better but you can overclock A64 and Core2duo processors too...

Prescott get owned by any true cpu in any task.

You're a fanboy i'm sorry

edit : and if you want to show your d***, stop posting here, it's not the place. Come in PM. I have an opteron 144 that can clock 2.8Ghz and Core2Duo @ 3.6Ghz, take the benchmark/app you want, we'll compare our results. I know you won't accept, will insult me in public and say your prescott rocks cause you're a fanboy only capable of mouth use.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I think masure is doing a mighty fine job of killing off spring mark on his own lathan, just be secure in the knowledge that some peopl cant see the light when it blinds them.
Masure

Post by Masure »

AF wrote:I think masure is doing a mighty fine job of killing off spring mark on his own lathan, just be secure in the knowledge that some peopl cant see the light when it blinds them.
We didn't discuss about springmark. It was off topic. Dont understand why you say my previous posts killed springmark. I think you re just teasing me cause we argued on other subjects.

Here, you don't comment what Lathan said but you sound like appreciating arguing with me for free.

Am I right ?
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

wanna know something scary.... my computer is ~3 years old, built in late 2004....

I'm actually not saying mine is "BETTER" than a core2duo, hell, I KNOW a core2 is a better friggin processor...

What I've said is, mine is friggin good enough not to warrant a CORE 2 being some friggin leet omgorz "TRUE CPU" what the hell is mine? a fake?
urgh... you are just irritating... and anyways, mine is good enough to compare to a core2 on spring, fuck it, I'm not buying another processor until multi-threaded apps are STANDARD and we all use quad core processors... :roll:

Overclocked, my little old prescott will trade punches with a lower end Core 2 Duo and laugh at it in the process..

what has me cranky is your "you are a fanboy, you have a fake computer" attitude of bullshit.

its just lame.

if a piece of metal, powered by electricity can accurately punch out + and - currents in a "programmed" manner, it IS A TRUE FUCKING CPU.
I don't give a rats ass if its a 12 hertz vaccum tube assembly of parts to calculate it...

also, your smart-assed comments like "Can you give a law between avg access time + avg transfer rate and game speed issues ?" just pisses me off...

its fuckin obvious that if a HDD is stressed, and you are using a page file on the damn drive, and you can't read/write to it fast enough, it WILL SLOW YOUR GAME DOWN, its common sense... obviously you didn't get that part...

the whole bitch of my initial thread was that it places computers on Multi-Threaded higher functioning mathematical test copied from some other benchmarking program... it does not consider VPU power, RAM, HDD read/write speeds, the fact I have a 4 drive raid 0 striped array, bla bla bla... all it looks at is raw higher end processing power.

SPRING DOES NOT USE HIGHER END PROCESSING POWER!.

it uses basic processing codes, written by regular folk, ALL SINGLE THREADED TASKS.

thus, the god damn benchmark thing is pointless.

Its retarted.

by no means is it related to the spring engine, and what the spring engine can do other than its on this forum.

That is all.

this thread needs to die.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

LathanStanley wrote:it uses basic processing codes, written by regular folk, ALL SINGLE THREADED TASKS.

thus, the god damn benchmark thing is pointless.

Its retarted
springmark use also basic processing codes and a single thread ... you still don't understand ?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Apparently it doesn't if I can get different scores with one core or another activated...
Masure

Post by Masure »

How different ?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Ishach wrote:Springmark says my core2duo only has one core, and for some reason gets a score of 100 on core1 and 500 on core2 and 400 on both
:S
My Core Duo gets me ~460 with both, ~500 with my first and ~800 with my second. I report the ~500 and just keep on rolling.
Masure

Post by Masure »

Never experienced such inconcistency between my cores (E6400). The delta is <5% between one and another or both.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

is there really a point to continuing this??? i mean is anyone gonna actually change their position???

cause it doesn't look like pro-Mark is nor is the anti-Mark crowd seem to be changing their minds either... so really isn't this entire discussion and indeed this entire thread pointless.

I mean if for instance a ingame test squence of some sort came and ran default with spring for benching and people were instead using third party stuff maybe... maybe... i could see this as a vaild disucssion but in all honesty its a giant bloody waste of time.

I ask on behalf of... of... well just me but please let this die in peace and move on to discuss something even remotely more useful.
Candleman

Post by Candleman »

Agreed. How about the people who like it use it, and the people who don't like it, ignore it and avoid it's use.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Jesus, what a bitch fest.

My old ass 4 year old cpu, has only one GPU upgrade, and I can run with 1000 units moving onscreen.

Not from MY mod, which has dust emitted per vehicle, maybe infantry, but surely not vehicles. Then again, vehicles are a rarity sometimes, and if you can mass 1k of them, someone is fucking up hard.

Point is: My computer is capable of handling most games on spring, with a fairly decent framerate, despite it being "old and weak."

You can buy one for 500$ or less depending on where you are.

My specs are:
2Ghz CPU rated at 3.2,
1 GB standard RAM,
200 GB 7200 RPM HDD,
GeForce 6600 GT (overclocked by 10 and 15 percent, for the memory and clock speeds, respectively),
some old ass MOBO I don't remember.

That should be all, I can't remember needing to show any more specs than that.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

The problem is that their is a form of lobby which discriminates and excludes people based upon whether or not they have conducted the test and scored high enough - numerous people who I've seen host stable games, up to 8v8 with spectators. That's the only problem I have with it which cannot be ignored.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Yes, it does seem very short-sighted.

Although, I'll just avoid being ignorant and not even touch that client.
Masure

Post by Masure »

neddiedrow wrote:The problem is that their is a form of lobby which discriminates and excludes people based upon whether or not they have conducted the test and scored high enough - numerous people who I've seen host stable games, up to 8v8 with spectators. That's the only problem I have with it which cannot be ignored.
Imagine Sping game is the classroom.

The teacher can teach at the slowest speed given by the slowest learning pupil. If there is a single retard, all the pupils are wasting their time.

Retarded people go in retarded schools. You say it's discriminating, I say you're hypocritical.

edit : btw, what's you nickname in the game ? Cause I plan to play with you with a slow comp I have at home (athlon xp1800), when the game will run at 1:3 speed cause of me, I'll see what you say. Maybe nothing to keep your lying front started in this topic cause I'll probably be kicked by the host before you get bored with the game speed.

Moreover, I never said we should always kick people with a slow cpu. When it's really needed only > eg : P4 1.8 on 8v8 deltasiegedryrevx.

He'll probably run the game at 1:3 speed after 30mn, you can't say it is not true. Just tell me if you like to play at such slow speeds for 1 hour.

If you say so, you just lie.

Very slow comps can run 2v2 small divide without speed issue, they don't have to screw a big game with normal speed cpus only.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Masure wrote:Imagine Sping game is the classroom.

The teacher can teach at the slowest speed given by the slowest learning pupil. If there is a single retard, all the pupils are wasting their time.

Retarded people go in retarded schools. You say it's discriminating, I say you're hypocritical.
LOL
K, I hereby award you one free "GTFO my internets", redeemable at any of our global locations. My father just published his masters thesis on inclusive education...perhaps you should pull your head out of your ass and put some sunscreen on that red neck of yours, and read it.
Masure

Post by Masure »

Peet wrote:
Masure wrote:Imagine Sping game is the classroom.

LOL
K, I hereby award you one free "GTFO my internets", redeemable at any of our global locations. My father just published his masters thesis on inclusive education...perhaps you should pull your head out of your ass and put some sunscreen on that red neck of yours, and read it.
"The teacher can teach at the slowest speed given by the slowest learning pupil." > Hypothesis

It's to represent that spring host has to go at the slowest speed. The topic is not to know if a teacher really has to teach at the slowing learning abilities in class lol.

Sorry if you couldn't understand this by yourself...

Return to “Ingame Community”