Spring Mark - Page 7

Spring Mark

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

My point still stands.

I could goto a friends house and run springmark on a core 2 duo @ 1.8Ghz so when I come home to my p4 1.8Ghz it says I have a core 2 duo instead.
Agon

Post by Agon »

To increase the product quality it would be good to have a 3D Benchmark and on each start of a lobby to check if the latest benchmark run was on the computer which runs now the lobby.
Masure

Post by Masure »

AF wrote:My point still stands.

I could goto a friends house and run springmark on a core 2 duo @ 1.8Ghz so when I come home to my p4 1.8Ghz it says I have a core 2 duo instead.
What's the point ? You can cheat 1 time, maybe 2 but I'll blacklist you if I notice any poor/unstable guy/comp.

I use satirik's group feature to highlight people.
Masure

Post by Masure »

Agon wrote:To increase the product quality it would be good to have a 3D Benchmark and on each start of a lobby to check if the latest benchmark run was on the computer which runs now the lobby.
You don't understand what a cpu benchmark means. When the game slows down (without any lag), it's cause of cpu limit of some player. Check the cpu usage in the /info display and those who have more than 60% are the failure.

You can get a 8800 Ultra graphic card and set the gfx to the minimum, if the game is cpu limited, the game will be slowed down. Spring engine is "cpu hungry".

I dont care playing with people who have 500ms ping and 5fps if they can compute fast enough so as the game doesn't slow the others.
Agon

Post by Agon »

No I don´t understand really what a cpu benchmark is. I wrote about a 3D Benchmark for graphic cards. And for CPU you only need to get system informations fro wmi (Windows) and from /proc (Linux).
Where you can get everything what you need for cpu, ram, swap, etc. And for the graphic card you run a simple but a similar to spring benchmark, maybe in Spring.
Different settings in spring doesn´t matter, you can change settings ingame or you use the fpsmanager.
And I don´t think someone would play a game if he knows what his computer can´t display more than 20 fps on this map in late game.

And to determine the network speed you run a ping test or speed test.

For cheaters you save hardware ids.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

For cheaters you save hardware ids.
So youd have the hardware ID of the guy you first ran it on, and then you just use another machine right? Wouldnt that require lobby modifications? Wont that little upgrade result in being blacklisted? Or even that driver update.
Agon

Post by Agon »

Tzzz....
Differen one profile for the user (Spring lobby name) and profiles for computers that are pointing to the user profile, easy or???
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I see nothing in the lobby protocol that would identify a computer save the processor speed which is highly unreliable.
Masure

Post by Masure »

Springmark makes the cpu work at 100% level. So even if you have cpu throttling function, the score would be accurate. Moreover, it gives the cpu brand and model.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

so yu want springmark to benchmark everytime the lobby starts?
Agon

Post by Agon »

Under Linux you can get the maximum speed and with Windows it should work, too without a benchmark test.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Springmark says my core2duo only has one core, and for some reason gets a score of 100 on core1 and 500 on core2 and 400 on both

:S
Day

Post by Day »

lol af
Agon

Post by Agon »

Under windows you can cheat if you know how.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

Ishach wrote:Springmark says my core2duo only has one core, and for some reason gets a score of 100 on core1 and 500 on core2 and 400 on both

:S
there is no score for both core in springmark ...
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

I meant disabling each core, then both was running both at once.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

The program isn't very good, but you have a lot of other high priority processes like Windows going on your first core, which accounts for the crappy score there.
Masure

Post by Masure »

Is that so hard to understand we don't care about a 2% accuracy in score ?

Do you know that spring will run with windows processes in background ?

The point is not to masturbate on the highest score possible, cheated score, 0.0001% accurate score, gfx & cpu real spring condition score.

When I host a 8v8 on DeltasiegeDryRevX with hundreds units after 15mn, I don't wanna see people with 40% cpu usage and 0.5 gamespeed. And FFS, people owning Athlon XP 1800, P4 2.4 can't play this kind of game more than 10mn at 1:1 speed even if they've 284.98741561215454 springmark.

This topic shouldn't have to be discussed with people who are uselessly argueing about useless questions.

If you don't like this tool, make better. If you wanna play huge game at 1/10 speed cause of 1 slow comp go on. If you wanna screw the game by kicking 2 or 3 slow comps after 30mn game, go on.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Hijo, let me explain something to you. A Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of 667 MHz RAM might end up around 40% at 10 minutes with 16 players in a game. You're not going to fix that issue by trying to jump the gun through dipsticking your maximum speed with an inaccurate application.

Why do anything unless you're going to do it right? Man, I can't stand this generation...
Masure

Post by Masure »

I love people like you so much ! You re pointing to the lack of accuracy by giving totally approximative data without any params. Please let me quote, that's so beautiful :
A Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of 667 MHz RAM might end up around 40% at 10 minutes with 16 players in a game.
Thanks god ! I didn't understand before you told some shit to me !

To conclude your perfect demonstration, you take age into account. This has nothing to do with our initial question but as you run out of true substance, you just need some crap.

If you have nothing to say, don't post smoke and age related thing to be seriously heard.

Return to “Ingame Community”