Spring Mark - Page 10

Spring Mark

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Locked
User avatar
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead
Posts: 7287
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 09:29

Post by SwiftSpear »

Masure wrote:
Peet wrote:
Masure wrote:Imagine Sping game is the classroom.

The teacher can teach at the slowest speed given by the slowest learning pupil. If there is a single retard, all the pupils are wasting their time.

Retarded people go in retarded schools. You say it's discriminating, I say you're hypocritical.
LOL
K, I hereby award you one free "GTFO my internets", redeemable at any of our global locations. My father just published his masters thesis on inclusive education...perhaps you should pull your head out of your ass and put some sunscreen on that red neck of yours, and read it.
"The teacher can teach at the slowest speed given by the slowest learning pupil." > Hypothesis

It's to represent that spring host has to go at the slowest speed. The topic is not to know if a teacher really has to teach at the slowing learning abilities in class lol.

Sorry if you couldn't understand this by yourself...
That being said, fuggin horrible analogy sir...
User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20686
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

The point is your excluding people who're fast enough to play because theyre not fast enough to play, erm, does anyone else see the flaw?
Masure
Posts: 581
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 15:23

Post by Masure »

AF wrote:The point is your excluding people who're fast enough to play because theyre not fast enough to play, erm, does anyone else see the flaw?
Only if you want to create a big game running smooth. You're not obliged to.

I sometimes play slow games but I sometimes want to play at normal speed and then I put the cpu requirement.

It's the same point with rank limit but no one seems to want we talk about that. No one flame people who sometimes create rank limited games. It suggests you all flame me but the official lobby allows to discriminate noobs in a game. I already know you will say "Yeah but the rank limit can be overcome" but It's still discriminating and I often see noobs kicked in this case. I already know you will say "I never host rank limited games" > you're so kind !

Come on guys stop being lying all the time and just see world as it is.

I'm often being insulted cause of my French flag for nothing that's country related, do I ask the country flag to be removed ?

If you wanna make an utopic lobby, check these recommendations :

- remove cpu information
- remove rank information
- remove country information
- remove nicknames and use random numbers instead
- remove kick function
- remove chat
User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20686
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

ranks dont count as most 1 rank players are noobs, and nobody has used the rank limiting feature in at least a year.

Ranks are highly unreliable, you never know whether that star rank is a noob who just played a lot, or if that 1 rank is a star rank smurfing. I know many users with at last 5 star rank accounts who just create a new account when they reach that last rank.

Countries are also unreliable, I'm in the UK but I have a US flag.
I'm often being insulted cause of my French flag for nothing that's country related, do I ask the country flag to be removed ?
This isnt because of your flag this is because of your attitude. Plenty of french players work fine within the lobby.
Masure
Posts: 581
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 15:23

Post by Masure »

AF wrote:ranks dont count as most 1 rank players are noobs, and nobody has used the rank limiting feature in at least a year.
I saw it in the last days, you want a screenshoot next time ? I said please stop lying...
AF wrote:Ranks are highly unreliable, you never know whether that star rank is a noob who just played a lot, or if that 1 rank is a star rank smurfing. I know many users with at last 5 star rank accounts who just create a new account when they reach that last rank.
I know that but rank reliabilty is not the topic, it is rank limit feature existence that matters.
Countries are also unreliable, I'm in the UK but I have a US flag
Same as before

And by the way, you also said springmark shouldn't exist cause it's innacurate. Then why rank and country should ? I personally don't care but I use your own saying to show that your lack of sense.
I'm often being insulted cause of my French flag for nothing that's country related, do I ask the country flag to be removed ?
This isnt because of your flag this is because of your attitude. Plenty of french players work fine within the lobby.
I know I'm rough and can be insulted for some things I said or did. But I'm also insulted of damn frenchies for no country specific reason. Just read Lathan and say if "damn frenchies" is right here ?

I don't think you can insult frenchies cause of me. That's discrimination even if I don't care.
User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20686
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

AF wonders how long masure can keep up the sh*tstorm.

Really didnt you listen when I said silence or shorter posts is advisable? Your drawing more and more people into long nonproductive feedback loop. Poor JJ.
Masure
Posts: 581
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 15:23

Post by Masure »

I know this is bad for the topic.

But I can't let people say lies after lies to kill this project with bad points of view.

I'll fight to death if I'm sure of my position and I am. I killed all args I've been in front of mines for now. The only thing people have done is trying to go around the topic once their args replied. That's what you re doing again.

I can say I'm wrong if I am even if it's hard. You all sound like you can't. You won't reply to me for long cause you have nothing to say about the initial topic and all your off-topic attacks went dead.


So let me say it again "Springmark is maybe unperfect, quite inaccurate, it allows people to play games in homogeneous cpu performance condition"
User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20686
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Post by AF »

You cant deny that they dont have a point, spring mark is far from perfect.
Masure
Posts: 581
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 15:23

Post by Masure »

AF wrote:You cant deny that they dont have a point, spring mark is far from perfect.
I said that in my previous post.

So you agree when we say Springmark is useful to make more homogeneous games when needed ?

If so, just try to work with JJ to make this better. Don't talk anymore about discrimation, lathan's prescott, french people and other off topic shit that will make me arguing again.
User avatar
LathanStanley
Posts: 1429
Joined: 20 Jun 2005, 05:16

Post by LathanStanley »

Masure wrote: I know I'm rough and can be insulted for some things I said or did. But I'm also insulted of damn frenchies for no country specific reason. Just read Lathan and say if "damn frenchies" is right here ?
I'm a racist ass redneck...

get the fuck over it.

Long story short, I spoke my mind, I spoke what made alot more sense than your babble...

and the fact you flip/flop your opinions like a democrat politician, its funny.

Example:
"The teacher can teach at the slowest speed given by the slowest learning pupil." > Hypothesis

It's to represent that spring host has to go at the slowest speed. The topic is not to know if a teacher really has to teach at the slowing learning abilities in class lol.

Sorry if you couldn't understand this by yourself...
That was demeaning, insulting, and a poor analogy.
It only makes you look like more of an ass.


Pick an opinion and live by it, you ain't gonna make everyone happy.
right now, you are just pissing us all off.

You relentlessly defend this poor programed mess of a "mark" that well, has been PROVEN to be false by many players, regardless of the facts
And you call me a fanboy... :roll:

you need to pretend you are a lemming, and find a big cliff.
User avatar
Neddie
Community Lead
Posts: 9406
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 05:05

Post by Neddie »

I've played in some of your (Satirik's, I admit) games. I've watched you exclude people who have competent computers. 347 Spring Marks will lag? 330? As opposed to 350? That is the issue at hand - excluding acceptable computers which can handle the game on the basis of an inaccurate dipstick test.

Of course I won't tell you my lobby ID - your refusal to treat me with respect as a peer has undermined my trust of you as a host, especially one with an auto-kicking client. I need late night games as well, and you've already demonstrated that you refuse to be a party to any disagreement, whether in text, demonstration or example.
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

neddiedrow wrote:I've played in some of your (Satirik's, I admit) games. I've watched you exclude people who have competent computers. 347 Spring Marks will lag? 330? As opposed to 350? That is the issue at hand - excluding acceptable computers which can handle the game on the basis of an inaccurate dipstick test.

Of course I won't tell you my lobby ID - your refusal to treat me with respect as a peer has undermined my trust of you as a host, especially one with an auto-kicking client. I need late night games as well, and you've already demonstrated that you refuse to be a party to any disagreement, whether in text, demonstration or example.
i never use the springmark autokick ... still lying ... and i don't often host ...
User avatar
Snipawolf
Posts: 4357
Joined: 12 Dec 2005, 01:49

Post by Snipawolf »

No, you are wrong.

Period.

Spring doesn't have to go slow AT ALL. If you are lagging VIA YOUR FUCKING COMPUTER SPECS, YOU ARE LAGGING, NOT ME.

Do not fucking confuse the internet lag and computer lag. It doesn't matter if I lag, you won't unless I am the host and have a shitty internet connection!

So, let us recap what I just said.

1. You are lagging, because your computer is shit, and mine is better.

2. You are not lagging because of your internet, but because of too many units onscreen.

3. You are not lagging anybody BUT YOURSELF. Your COMPUTER LAG does not affect ANYONE ELSE!

Somebody has to be retarded to go "Oh, look, your computer is lagging me out of the game."
Satirik
Lobby Developer
Posts: 1688
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 18:27

Post by Satirik »

Snipawolf wrote:No, you are wrong.

Period.

Spring doesn't have to go slow AT ALL. If you are lagging VIA YOUR FUCKING COMPUTER SPECS, YOU ARE LAGGING, NOT ME.

Do not fucking confuse the internet lag and computer lag. It doesn't matter if I lag, you won't unless I am the host and have a shitty internet connection!

So, let us recap what I just said.

1. You are lagging, because your computer is shit, and mine is better.

2. You are not lagging because of your internet, but because of too many units onscreen.

3. You are not lagging anybody BUT YOURSELF. Your COMPUTER LAG does not affect ANYONE ELSE!

Somebody has to be retarded to go "Oh, look, your computer is lagging me out of the game."
SO TRUE !!
User avatar
Neddie
Community Lead
Posts: 9406
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 05:05

Post by Neddie »

Let me see... well, I have nine replays with you and seven with Masure. I know that in five of those, the host was running your client and autokicked people for low scores.

Of course, I have played over 1.5k games, so I can't really keep them all straight - I do apologize, it's your word against mine if I try to argue, and on the internet, that means that element of the discussion will never be resolved. The fact is, your client is used to do this, and SpringMark enables that.
User avatar
Snipawolf
Posts: 4357
Joined: 12 Dec 2005, 01:49

Post by Snipawolf »

Sounds almost like sarcasm to me :?
User avatar
Neddie
Community Lead
Posts: 9406
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 05:05

Post by Neddie »

Either that, or he misread what you wrote.
User avatar
Snipawolf
Posts: 4357
Joined: 12 Dec 2005, 01:49

Post by Snipawolf »

Maybe so.
User avatar
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer
Posts: 6235
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 01:14

Post by FLOZi »

Satirik wrote:
Snipawolf wrote:No, you are wrong.

Period.

Spring doesn't have to go slow AT ALL. If you are lagging VIA YOUR FUCKING COMPUTER SPECS, YOU ARE LAGGING, NOT ME.

Do not fucking confuse the internet lag and computer lag. It doesn't matter if I lag, you won't unless I am the host and have a shitty internet connection!

So, let us recap what I just said.

1. You are lagging, because your computer is shit, and mine is better.

2. You are not lagging because of your internet, but because of too many units onscreen.

3. You are not lagging anybody BUT YOURSELF. Your COMPUTER LAG does not affect ANYONE ELSE!

Somebody has to be retarded to go "Oh, look, your computer is lagging me out of the game."
SO TRUE !!
Actually, it isn't. Back in the days of Nemo having a weeny CPU the often used to bog down S44 test games when there were large numbers of infantry around.

Having said that, Spring Mark is idiocy of the highest order.
User avatar
Snipawolf
Posts: 4357
Joined: 12 Dec 2005, 01:49

Post by Snipawolf »

I am not 100 percent sure, but voicing my opinion violently is fun :wink:

Flozi, we need some real statistics. I think that if your CPU is under major lag, then your networking card may be slowed down, thus causing internet lag. Then again, a lot of units, all being synced, can cause the same.

I am all for something that works. Apparently, the current method doesn't.


:|
Locked

Return to “Ingame Community”