What is the maddiest strategu you ever tough about? - Page 2

What is the maddiest strategu you ever tough about?

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

drolito

Post by drolito »

Uberleechen wrote:Better:
Rush to airfield, build transport, move com to their factory. Put com down, destroy (or capture) factory, build a couple llts.

Then chase down their com for mutual destruction. With luck, they won't have had time to build a second factory, or you'll get it when you get their com.

In the meantime, you should be doing your (slow) airstart, as if the game was normal.
i prefere to make 1 cons T1 and 1 nano before going to bomb opponent :D

after i can continu to play and im sure to destroy them even if there is 1 kbot T1 alive:p
manored

Post by manored »

Strategia wrote:
manored wrote:
knorke wrote:I once thought about building something else than krog but then i was like woah thats really crazy
Ever played in something else than speedmetal? :P
Works this way too. :-)
Only if your enemy doesnt know what the world "defense" means... :P
Fat Zombie

Post by Fat Zombie »

Here is my "Wall of communist" strategy, that works best on Speedmetal (I've only ever tried it offline). I developed it as I worked out the basics of power and metal production, etc:

Build enough mexes and solars to ensure a constant surplus, no matter what. Build 2 vehicle factories, and four nanotowers for each. Make the factories groups, 1 and 2.
Then, build Instigators on indefinite repeat. Place the order points for the factories at where you're most likely to encounter enemies.
Voila! It's not very effective to begin with, but as they constantly arrive, they drown your enemies. Shift the order points as the battle lines shift.

You're not actually defeating the enemy units; you're effectively just creating a wall of trash, that any ground-based units can't get past.

(If you still have a surplus of power/metal, build up as normal, turning off 1 or 2 in case you risk stalling. Build air cover, perhaps)

EDIT: For extra fun, in a calm point take control of one of the tanks. Get stuck in metal. Die. ¬_¬
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

There is this Trick on HighDeformable Maps - with Mountains... shooting them Down into the Waterlevel with some Nukes (that means you have already a Stallemate - nobody able to get a Advance) Building a AdvancedShipyard into the Water and building some really longrange Ships. The Reconstruct the Mountain :D - if you ever are asked how - just tell there was a big flood and you needed to uplift - like Noah did ;)
manored

Post by manored »

PicassoCT wrote:There is this Trick on HighDeformable Maps - with Mountains... shooting them Down into the Waterlevel with some Nukes (that means you have already a Stallemate - nobody able to get a Advance) Building a AdvancedShipyard into the Water and building some really longrange Ships. The Reconstruct the Mountain :D - if you ever are asked how - just tell there was a big flood and you needed to uplift - like Noah did ;)
Interesting... wouldnt it be easier to just flaten the moutain a bit and then make a BB over it? :P
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Peopl usual don`t expect anything to remain in nuke-waterholes. Another Reason to built your amphibiousComplex in it, with a dropped AmphConUnit and start massing K-Bots at the Watersfloor. Then Disturbing Attack and Out of the Hole you go :)
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

I was playing one of those really small FFA games once and two coms blew up early. I then built one of those land based torpedoe launcher over the hole with two com wrecks. Sure enough someone came to reclaim it but I only got one shot off before he was smart enough to get out again.......
manored

Post by manored »

jellyman wrote:I was playing one of those really small FFA games once and two coms blew up early. I then built one of those land based torpedoe launcher over the hole with two com wrecks. Sure enough someone came to reclaim it but I only got one shot off before he was smart enough to get out again.......
Why didnt you shouted "free metal!", and ran away while wachting the coms killing each other and then returned to suck the metal out of the endless abism? :P

Return to “Ingame Community”