Unusual uses for units

Unusual uses for units

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Abokasee

Unusual uses for units

Post by Abokasee »

I want every to post the unusual uses of units here examples (which I do use)

Croc Tank Spam
This is very good, especially when you got nano turrets guarding the Adv vehicle lab (about 12 is good) after building everything else for your base, start pumping these out, EVEN if you on a LAND map with no water, because they can also go up cliffs and other terrain usually impassable to other units, they can also shoot OVER dragons teeth because they shoot at a slight arc, they are also cheap, quite fast, kinda strong, and can move virtually everywere! Ive done it... it works a treat, especially on Supreme Islands, saddly there abillity to attack air is... minimal, so if your on Supreme Isle's and your enemys got gun ships, get your copperheads in a intruder (amphibious heavy transport, can carry 10 copperheads) have that land first ,it has 12500 so dont worry about it dieing when hits the beach
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

EVEN if you on a LAND map with no water
But speedmetal got water...
Abokasee

Post by Abokasee »

rattle wrote:
EVEN if you on a LAND map with no water
But speedmetal got water...
well... normal speed metal, the water dosnt go anywere because all were the water would be in speed water is ramadom slab of spiky mud

also enpthasize the word EVEN this meaning that it EVEN works on these things
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

I think we have all enjoyed loading crawling bombs into transports... I know I have. (definitely a waste of resources but its quite fun)
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

Heres one i've seen in BA recently... the core amphibious transport vehicle on the front line "loading" enemy units. As they are so tough they can snatch quite a few up before being destroyed.
RogerN

Post by RogerN »

... the core amphibious transport vehicle on the front line "loading" enemy units. As they are so tough they can snatch quite a few up before being destroyed.
LOL!

I've gotta try that some time...
Fat Zombie

Post by Fat Zombie »

Ahhh yes, the crawling bomb/air-transport combo. Very fun.

Also, speaking of uses, pardon me for being a "noob" but what exactly does the "Hive" aircraft carrier actually do? (XTA) I've tried landing aircraft on it, and it doesn't seem to have any of its own. What is it's purpose?
RogerN

Post by RogerN »

In XTA, the carrier is just a floating platform for aircraft to land and repair. Aircraft on patrol will automatically land on the carrier when damaged and get repaired.

In AA/BA, the carrier also doubles as an anti-nuke unit. It can build intercept missiles and launch them just like the land anti-nuke structure.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

In XTA it's also handy to spam as an energy unit, it makes 370.
RogerN

Post by RogerN »

In XTA it's also handy to spam as an energy unit, it makes 370.
Wow! Isn't that a tad unbalanced? That makes the aircraft carrier almost twice as efficient as solar collectors.

Solar Collector: 145 metal for +20 energy = 7.25 metal per +1 energy
Carrier: 1397 metal for +370 energy = 3.78 metal per +1 energy

Forget the solars, just spam carriers!
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Yeah, start out making a lvl2 sea plant ^_^
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

ralphie wrote:Heres one i've seen in BA recently... the core amphibious transport vehicle on the front line "loading" enemy units. As they are so tough they can snatch quite a few up before being destroyed.
Loading commanders with a bear was very common on a time with AA. It was later on made impossible by Caydr on a newer version (meaning, you cannot load enemy units at all). I assumed BA took this change along with it. If it didn't it needs to be changed ;)
quantum

Post by quantum »

Ralphie is talking about the Core Intruder, built by the advanced vehicle plant. It's a great weapon.

Laugh as you see the enemy Gollie army vanish in thin air :twisted:

It's too slow to catch much else, though.
Abokasee

Post by Abokasee »

Fat Zombie wrote:Ahhh yes, the crawling bomb/air-transport combo. Very fun.
Good job you cant do it with adv crawling bombs (you cant load them onto valkyrie, they can be cloaked to so it will look ur try pick there comm up too :lol: )
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

Once I raided with hovercraft. I had several anti air with as I knew the opponents had air. They got all my tanks and tanks were moving into kill my anti air hovers. So I hit control d and moved them up to a mex. The resulting self destruct was sufficient to remove the mex.
manored

Post by manored »

In speedmetal, you can propositally hit one builder hovercraft with a defender shot. May he fall on water and survive, you will be able to make some def on water for extra harrassement of your enemy.

Krogoths can be used as nukes and live barriers to keep the enemy units from passing tru very strech passages.

Armed mexes can be used to destroy enemy construction bots that have been hit by a guardian and now flying in an almost completly horizontal route ( Say one of my mexes doing that... one of the most skillfull things i say a mex do...).

Return to “Ingame Community”