Could you PLEASE ban ZergZergLOL - Page 8

Could you PLEASE ban ZergZergLOL

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

NOiZE wrote:
BigSteve wrote:Mods (in my timezone anyway) do a great job of dealing with stupid spammers in the lobby I dont see why this cant be the same for stuff that happens ingame.
Because it takes way too much time.... We are only human. I don't think we should end up watching replays which users sent in...
BTW I can sympathize with this plight, ya know, you can watch replays at 10 speed.

.setmaxspeed 10

insert
insert
insert
insert
insert
insert
insert
insert
insert

viola, 10x.
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

NOiZE wrote:
BigSteve wrote:Mods (in my timezone anyway) do a great job of dealing with stupid spammers in the lobby I dont see why this cant be the same for stuff that happens ingame.
Because it takes way too much time.... We are only human. I don't think we should end up watching replays which users sent in...
I did say if we had a "quick and reliable" way to catch the offenders ^^
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Forboding Angel wrote:Moderate with an iron fist, and do not make exceptions. Ppl can either conform to the standard rules of society, or not play spring. It's very simple really.
Have you ever actually managed a successful community? Even defining the "standard rules" is a pain in the ass, never mind enforcing them uniformly. Enforce them too strictly (remember, the original reason provided for why teamkilling was bannable was because "it's not fun" - the same as commbombing, commrushing, and any number of other tactics) and people will leave for other games with sane mods.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Egarwaen wrote:
Forboding Angel wrote:Moderate with an iron fist, and do not make exceptions. Ppl can either conform to the standard rules of society, or not play spring. It's very simple really.
Have you ever actually managed a successful community? Even defining the "standard rules" is a pain in the ass, never mind enforcing them uniformly. Enforce them too strictly (remember, the original reason provided for why teamkilling was bannable was because "it's not fun" - the same as commbombing, commrushing, and any number of other tactics) and people will leave for other games with sane mods.
EGARWAEN, ARE YOU F*CKING REMEDIAL?

NOBODY IS ARGUING FOR BANNING PEOPLE FOR ATTACKING THEIR OPPONENT.

I HAVE SAID THIS AT LEAST THREE TIMES.

YOU HAVE IGNORED OR FAILED TO UNDERSTAND THIS AT LEAST THREE TIMES.

SO FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME:

WE ONLY WANT PEOPLE BANNED FOR ATTACKING THEIR OWN TEAM!

WHAT PART OF THAT STATEMENT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Egarwaen wrote:
As a matter of fact... yes. http://forum.myupb.com

I am known as Exo there. I no longer am active as a developer there however. I worked on it for about 2 maybe 3 years, then life interfered.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Felix the Cat wrote:WE ONLY WANT PEOPLE BANNED FOR ATTACKING THEIR OWN TEAM!

The part where you fail to make the connection between theory and practice and propose a punishment that is grossly out of proportion to the crime in a situation where lesser remedies can be very effective and evidence can be easily forged.

Oh yes, and I'm wary of people saying that mods should be policing in-game conduct.
Forboding Angel wrote:As a matter of fact... yes. http://forum.myupb.com
Heh. Sorry, looking at the stats, that's way too small to qualify.

Most successful boards have fairly lenient moderation.
malric

Post by malric »

This indeed seems a long and unproductive thread...

But if it got so far here is another opinion: at some point after playing Spring, I read in the forum about someone that kept a list of bad hosts, bad players, and nice players to play with. I thought it was a good idea and I know keep a list of my own.

I do not put any player I play with on that list, just the 'different' ones. It would be great if that would be integrated into the lobby (I saw some comments about altaric client - but I do not know what it does...). And not juta single list, somekind of a network based rank system : if someone I rate "nice" rates nices another person I would somehow see that... (somehow this is what google does with pagerank probably, but it's better as you know you can trust some people directly)

Please do not comment that it is hard, there are other important things todo, etc, I know, but after this long thread I did want just to dream of something nice :p.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

malric that is a decent solution but it has one major problem. Someone who is out looking for a game to ruin will keep joining games until they find one where they don't have a reputation/aren't blacklisted.

Egar: forging replays is probably a bit harder than you think. And I seriously doubt there would be some mass forging of replays just so people can get others they dislike kicked off of spring. Heck the only people I think deserve to be banned are the chronic teamkillers!
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Egarwaen wrote:
Felix the Cat wrote:WE ONLY WANT PEOPLE BANNED FOR ATTACKING THEIR OWN TEAM!

The part where you fail to make the connection between theory and practice and propose a punishment that is grossly out of proportion to the crime in a situation where lesser remedies can be very effective and evidence can be easily forged.

Oh yes, and I'm wary of people saying that mods should be policing in-game conduct.
Forboding Angel wrote:As a matter of fact... yes. http://forum.myupb.com
Heh. Sorry, looking at the stats, that's way too small to qualify.

Most successful boards have fairly lenient moderation.
The board has been wiped on multiple occasions, each time losing user database. Making a forum using a text database is no simple thing.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

BTW, I just checked, myupb has only about 450 less members than ta spring's board. Not to mention the project offshoots that are tied into the forum. There are about 4 offshoots. myatom is one of them.

Fucking retard.
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

Oh my.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

fucking ban for fucking misbehaviour. mods should know better, also as a modder you should realise players of this game are on your side. :O TEAMKILLAAAAA
Candleman

Post by Candleman »

I thought this discussion was about the banning of a certain individual. There is no need to discuss moderator's competence or where the line should be drawn. "Zergzerglol" nuked his teammate's base in a premeditated act. Let's not discuss whether or not mods need to pore over replays, lets discuss whether or not "Zergzerg" needs a punishment.

I hate flamewars as much as the participants, so let's try to keep this civil, alright?
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

We could just lock this thread.
Candleman

Post by Candleman »

Lock or go back on topic. Either is fine with me.
malric

Post by malric »

hrmph wrote:malric that is a decent solution but it has one major problem. Someone who is out looking for a game to ruin will keep joining games until they find one where they don't have a reputation/aren't blacklisted.
Of course, but would banning a player preventing him to make another account ? And another and so on ? What I say would have the benefit that you should not remember the 'good' players once you have some games with them... (as the bad players can anyway make more accounts).
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

We know how everybody thinks now :-)

Return to “Ingame Community”