The Commaner is YOU. But I'd rather not... - Page 2

The Commaner is YOU. But I'd rather not...

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

You're right Min3, Always have been. Always will.

YES! You're Right! Damn CORE Fanboi + Pusher alliance RUINING a perfectly *logical* argument! bastards!
10%
YES! You're Right! Damn CORE Fanboi + Pusher alliance RUINING a perfectly *logical* argument! bastards!
10%
Yes the Commander is ME!!!!!
79%

Total votes: 29

krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

Caydr wrote:What's all this then?

The way it is now in AA is exactly, exactly, and precisely the way it was in OTA. It is now impossible to tell a commander from a decoy, which is perfection.
:P shoot the comm and if you get 10x more experience than you should its the real McCoy!
KlavoHunter

Post by KlavoHunter »

krogothe wrote:
Caydr wrote:What's all this then?

The way it is now in AA is exactly, exactly, and precisely the way it was in OTA. It is now impossible to tell a commander from a decoy, which is perfection.
:P shoot the comm and if you get 10x more experience than you should its the real McCoy!
If he D-guns your units, it's the real McCoy.

If it blows up and wipes out all your units that were killing it, it's the real McCoy.
Molloy

Post by Molloy »

cabbs

Post by cabbs »

According to TA storyline, there are no orbital stations or ships, settlements, command outposts, etc left. Just a comander(s?) who gets sent alone through galactic gates to take over planets.

ITS YOU

...but does the story count in spring?
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

If I may...

who cares if their name is above their comm? Does it really matter?
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

YES! :P
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Also the commander is like...fifty feet tall. I'm sure they can put a comfy captian chair in there, somewhere. With cupholders and everything!
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Nemo wrote:and the name showing up on a unit is a tag. It could be put on the peewee or something, if you really wanted to.
Do I see a Min3Mat Jethro in our futures?
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Zoombie wrote:Also the commander is like...fifty feet tall. I'm sure they can put a comfy captian chair in there, somewhere. With cupholders and everything!
The commander is exactly 127.284012 elmos tall, which corresponds to 50 feet. Therefore, all trees must be exactly 109.672912 elmos tall in order to be the correct scale for all of Spring. Anything else is wrong.
Molloy

Post by Molloy »

Someone measured the height of a Commander against the car wrecks on the urban tileset at one stage. Forget what height he is.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Can we please D-Gun the next person to bring up the damn scale thing? Scale is mod-dependent. Mods will choose a scale that works well for them. If this means they wind up being out-of-scale with popular maps, they must deal with the consequences.

Simple, ya? :roll:
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

yeah lets get back on topic
THE COM ISN'T YOU! (:P)
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Yes he is!
Targ Collective

Post by Targ Collective »

You are the commander. As Core you are NOT Central Consciousness, they are who you receive your orders (read: missions) from. Also you are a shrewd tactician (from the TA Manual; also the only personality comment in TA for either commander).

As Arm you are not a clone like everyone else. You are the Commander, operating the Commander suit from inside. There could even be an elevator up through one of the legs.

This is TA canon, indisputable. This is why there is game ends.

EDIT: as a rough idea of scale, you are to a Peewee what a Peewee is to a Krogoth. A Commander it tall and heavy enough to step through forests like matchsticks. This is also TA canon, indisputable.

As such it does not apply to mods like SWTA, Gundam etc, by its very nature. However for XTA, AA and all other TA derived mods the canon should carry over.
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

Targ Collective wrote:You are the commander. As Core you are NOT Central Consciousness, they are who you receive your orders (read: missions) from. Also you are a shrewd tactician (from the TA Manual; also the only personality comment in TA for either commander).

As Arm you are not a clone like everyone else. You are the Commander, operating the Commander suit from inside. There could even be an elevator up through one of the legs.

This is TA canon, indisputable. This is why there is game ends.

EDIT: as a rough idea of scale, you are to a Peewee what a Peewee is to a Krogoth. A Commander it tall and heavy enough to step through forests like matchsticks. This is also TA canon, indisputable.

As such it does not apply to mods like SWTA, Gundam etc, by its very nature. However for XTA, AA and all other TA derived mods the canon should carry over.
FUCK YEAH! i second that motion!
Erom

Post by Erom »

TA canon: You are the com. You take names, you kick down trees.

But why the hell do we care?
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Cause its a matter of pride! The commander is YOU! If anyone is says anything to the contrary they are a communist. And you know what happens to communists, right.

We burn them at the stake!

Also the pole results are resoundingly pro me and anti M3M.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

pro-NOiZE you mean. the pusher always gets the intermolecular biscuit shaped lump of resources
;'(
Targ Collective

Post by Targ Collective »

Erom: We care out of respect for the original designers of TA, without whom Spring would not have been possible.

Zoombie: No burning at the stake please.

Min3mat: Whether or not Noize shared my stance had no impact on my decision, and while I can't speak for everyone else I'm pretty confident that this applies to just about everyone. The Spring team seem to be pro-canon, something I support. Get over it!
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

IAMCOM&MEDGUNZJ00

Return to “Ingame Community”