Some lobby guidelines - Page 3

Some lobby guidelines

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

El Capitano

Post by El Capitano »

The very concept of swear words is daft, in my opinion. The language used on TV just proves my point really. Can't say the f word? It's OK, we'll say frell or frak instead! Different word, same meaning, yet it doesn't get the censors in a tizzy!

Regarding all this rubbish about getting animalistic, I'll just say it's far more fun to get animalistic than to be a prude ;)
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

You're welcome to do what ever you want in private channels (beside harassing people), just keep it out of #main please.
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

Lol you guys all make me laugh (even you matt :P )
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Nixa wrote:Lol you guys all make me laugh (even you matt :P )
I H8 NIXACHU :evil:
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

i wub nixachu 8) 8) 8) 8)
FrOzEnTaCo

Re: Some lobby guidelines

Post by FrOzEnTaCo »

:mrgreen:
Attachments
screen020.jpg
take that h8ers
(248.59 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
brainfart

Post by brainfart »

I'm not a fan of draconian enforcement. This game has always been quite liberal on people being able to express themselves. Screwups would happen but usually the system would be self correcting. I think it should really only be enforced when it becomes a problem. Saying that it has gotten quite extreme sometimes. I'll find that if I see others not restrained when it comes to the extremes I wont restrain myself much either.

I can easily tolerate people typing whatever as long as it's just insulting and not interfering with life outside the game. Saying that harassment can be a real problem that goes beyond merely being called names. It's as bad as a playground in a deprived area.

There are some lines that need to be drawn in the sand or areas prioritised. I recommend at the very least:

1. Don't take disputes outside of Spring, especially in a personal fashion. The level of hostility is so intense that it's off putting and actually quite disturbing. I have no idea how far some players might pursue a dispute.
2. You should remove TS as all that happens is that some player that spent an ordinate effort specifically to raise theirs comes and starts bossing other players around. It does absolutely nothing for the game. I've returned after years to find TS implemented and all I see arising from it are problems. With newer accounts I doubt it's accurate either. All kinds of things could throw off the average. All it does it make the existing players more hostile towards newer players that they think might harm their TS or make an excuse to proclaim superiority over other players.
3. Most of the serious harassment happens in game. I am completely shocked by what I see now and what spring used to be. The level of harassment is beyond anything I would have imagined. I'm not even sure if the players bossing people around are actually playing. They seem to spend so long hovering around your base spamming instructions before things have barely even gotten off the ground in critical early stages of the game that I don't think they can be paying much attention to anything else. You're completely prohibited from learning and creating your own play style. I'm not talking things like building a mex over non-metal but sometimes the most trivial things that if your team of players that profess to be pro can't compensate for then they really can't have all that high team skill. Teams don't do well when it games up against their own members and attack them worse than they attack the enemy. It's significantly worse with autohosts where people resort to kicking and banning you for either retaliating to their abuse or for not following their every whim. Even in children this kind behaviour is seen as severely pathological. Each player has their commander to control and should not be commanding others. It's overbearing and snatching stealing other people's turn to play. I don't understand why if they want that they don't make two accounts and play twice at the same time. The situation makes spring unplayable when there are only one or two big games running and autohost is so easily abused.

I have very little faith that you'll cleanup the community that easily. These toxic players have likely forced out enough of the rest that they constitute a large proportion of the community. A lot of the damage is probably already done. The game is one foot in the grave.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Please avoid necroing 10 year old threads, and please avoid making multiple posts in different threads about the same issue.

Locked.

Return to “Ingame Community”