Spring v104.0.1+ BA10.24 unsync

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

RickHustle

Post by RickHustle »

!version
Metal_Server is running SPADS v0.12.4a (auto-update: stable), with following components:
Perl v5.24.1 (x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi)
SimpleEvent v0.1c
SimpleLog v0.7
SpadsConf v0.12.1
SpadsUpdater v0.14
Spring v104.0.1-969-ga0e1218 maintenance (auto-downloaded)
SpringAutoHostInterface v0.11
SpringLobbyInterface v0.25

Mod of the game: BA10.24

I get unsync situation when i'm enter to host. When i set Spring v104.0.1 + BA9.46 - all is ok (it's not playable but sync).
When i'm enter at other host with same settings (Spring v104.0.1-969-ga0e1218 + BA10.24) all is ok, my Lobby is in sync.
I compared balanced_annihilation-v10.24.sdz file with installed at others hosts - it's the same. Tried different versions of 104.0.1 Spring - nothing changes.

I tried to reinstall SpringLobby and got this situation:
If i enter first at own server and downloading all from this - it's synced. But i'm unsync with all others hosts.
If i enter first at others hosts first and downloading all from this - i'm never sync with own.
Others hosts that i checked was [ACE]. SpringLobby is running under Windows.
Other players cannot sync with my spads too.

How to solve this and remove unsync situation at my own spads host?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: Spring v104.0.1+ BA10.24 unsync

Post by bibim »

Can you provide the content of your unitsync.log and infolog.txt files (located in your SPADS insanceDir, which should be the"var" subdirectory of your SPADS installation directory if you didn't change the default value)
RickHustle

Post by RickHustle »

Here is
Attachments
unitsync.log
(67.23 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
infolog.txt
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Did you install other Spring instances manually? Maybe something went wrong when first scanning archives and caching data...
You can try wipe out your "/root/spads/var/instance_official/cache" folder to see if it helps.
RickHustle

Post by RickHustle »

>Did you install other Spring instances manually?
Yes, but problem existed and when i had only one instance, by default.
It begun when i migrated from Spring 103.0 + BA9.46 to Spring 104.0.1 + BA10.24.
I tried to reinstall spads from zero and got the same.

I removed contents of "/root/spads/var/instance_official/cache" folder. Restarted spads, nothing changed.

It seems that now Spads requires some additional configuration. The automatic script does not make the worker Spring 104.0.1 + BA10.24 after installation. And automatic script even don't allow to choose last version of Spring. It offer Spring 104.0 as last stable version that don't compatible with last stable version of BA (10.24).
RickHustle

Post by RickHustle »

One more observation. If i will put the file balanced_annihilation-v10.24.sdz to folder C:\Users\User Name\Documents\My Games\Spring\games\ and do "Reload map/games" in SpringLobby it will sync at my autohost but will be unsync when i visit another autohosts.
If i will remove this file from C:\Users\User Name\Documents\My Games\Spring\games\ - i will get reverse situation. My autohost is unsync and others sync.
RickHustle

Re: RIP BA

Post by RickHustle »

Silentwings wrote: 13 May 2019, 13:49 Please avoid posting the same issue in multiple threads; you have viewtopic.php?f=88&t=39438#p590891. Several others who tried were successful and reported no difficultlies, so its very likely a problem only within your own host; this is also what all of bibims suggestions point you towards.
It's not host or settings problem. You can try to install spads by yourself and will get the same. It's easy and quick. It's one tiny script and almost all options by default. As i said no other mods have this issue. Only BA 10.xx.
It's don't works properly 100%. The game should not to be sync or unsync dependence on when downloaded you mod manually and put it to game directory or download it by SpringLobby. And it's should not to be sync or unsync dependence on host.

I am writing about this here because it is connected with renew BA. And in the topic about SPADS, I thought that it was originally a matter of on SPADS but i get conclusion that i was wrong, there is no reaction.

I don't know exaclty the reason of bug. But it happens only with BA.xx. Maybe it's BA bug, maybe wrong works of SpringLobby or Spring Engine or Uberserver with it. To investigate it you should be developer of all of it and i'm not. And all thinks that it's not his problem.

Moved into a different subforum at request of OP. (Silentwings)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

To me it sounds like you may not have your spring datadirs properly configured and as a result, SPADS may be inadvertently pointing to develop instead of maintenance or perhaps something related to that line of thinking. My *nix hosts never had this issue. I am confident that it is a configuration problem.

Edit: Have you confirmed that other players are having this issue, or is it only you?
RickHustle

Post by RickHustle »

All players - yes. All linux autohost owner - i don't know exactly. Now us only 2, and 2nd owner Fabrice Fabs don't respond. But when i enter at other hosts i got the same.
1.jpg
(118.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2.jpg
(41.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
3.jpg
(55.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Config files: https://my-files.ru/9r9ywd

Forum didn't allow me to attach this archive directly to this message.

This situation at screens and configs after installing spads. Almost not configured, all by default.

Feel free to ask more information.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Why are you running them headless O_o
RickHustle

Post by RickHustle »

Forboding Angel wrote: 13 May 2019, 23:17 Why are you running them headless O_o
I tested both variants. Didn't feel the difference.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

There is a massive difference. I feel that you don't really care to learn about those differences which, while irritating, is whatever.

Run them as dedicated. I feel that your datadir used for these is probably an utter shitshow. I recommend that you go into your engines folder and delete everything there, then download the proper engine version manually and unpack it. Make sure to name the folder properly.

Make sure to get minimal portable and MAINTENANCE, not DEVELOP.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Code: Select all

autoManagedSpringDir:spring
For the sake of it, try setting this to the full path. Shouldn't be necessary or cause an issue, but just for the sake of being extra paranoid in making sure that spads is looking in the correct locations 100% of the time.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Also, when you manually dl the minimal portable, compare the md5 of the downloaded file to what is on the server.
RickHustle

Post by RickHustle »

Version is maintenance, i always installed it manualy. I downloaded minimal portable Spring version and put it to the folder, set 777 rights for all files and dirs.

set in spads.conf:
autoManagedSpringDir:/root/SPADS/var/spring
springServerType:dedicated

restarted spads.

Nothing changes.
Attachments
4.jpg
(70.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Ok at this point we can be relatively sure that we have the engine sorted out properly.

So that leaves the game itself. You need to clear out anything game related so that we can start from scratch. Once that is done, use pr-downloader to grab ba from rapid.

pr-downloader --download-game ba:stable

You'll need to look up in the wiki the parameter for choosing what folder it goes into. I'm on my phone on the way to work and I can't remember off the top of my head. Once you've grabbed it via rapid, restart spads and see if that fixed it. It's very important that you grab it from rapid instead of trying to use an sdz/sd7.
RickHustle

Post by RickHustle »

My SpringLobby is under Windows so i can install spring only by start SpringLobby. When i extrtacted new portable version of SpringLobby, run it end entered into the my autohost it's offered to download engine, game and map. I accepted. After dowload i still have unsync in own host and sync in host of Fabs ([ACE] hosts). Tryed to enter at host cghislaiB (there are Spring 104.0.1-1239 + BA10.23) and after downloading have unsync too.

Run separately pr-downloader --download-game ba:stable

104.0.1-969-ga0e1218 version got errors.

C:\Users\Rick\Documents\My Games\Spring\engine\104.0.1-969-ga0e1218 maintenance>pr-downloader --download-game ba:stable
pr-downloader 0.7-496-g813ac02
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/FileSystem/FileSystem.cpp:194:setWritePath():Using filesystem-writepath: C:\Users\Rick\Documents\My Games\Spring
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/pr-downloader.cpp:173:DownloadSetConfig():Free disk space: 47627 MB
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/CurlWrapper.cpp:51:DumpVersion():libcurl 7.24.0 (null)
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/CurlWrapper.cpp:62:VerifyFile():C:\Users\Rick\Documents\My Games\Spring\cacert.pem is older than half a year, redownloading
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/CurlWrapper.cpp:96:ValidateCaFile():Downloading https://springrts.com/dl/cacert.pem
[Error] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/Http/HttpDownloader.cpp:460:processMessages():CURL error(1:1): Unsupported protocol 0 (https://springrts.com/dl/cacert.pem)

[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/Rapid/RapidDownloader.cpp:210:parse():Found 43 repos in C:\Users\Rick\Documents\My Games\Spring\rapid\repos.springrts.com\repos.gz
[Error] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/Http/HttpDownloader.cpp:87:DownloadUrl():Error in curl Unsupported protocol (Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl)
[Error] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/Http/HttpDownloader.cpp:207:search():Error downloading https://api.springfiles.com/json.php?ca ... =ba:stable
[Error] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/main.cpp:185:main():No game found for ba:stable
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/main.cpp:223:main():Download complete!

104.0.1-1239 version seemed to downloaded fine.

C:\Users\Rick\Documents\My Games\Spring\engine\104.0.1-1239-g12caea1 maintenance>pr-downloader --download-game ba:stable
pr-downloader 0.7-509-g182b67e
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/FileSystem/FileSystem.cpp:194:setWritePath():Using filesystem-writepath: C:\Users\Rick\Documents\My Games\Spring
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/pr-downloader.cpp:173:DownloadSetConfig():Free disk space: 47874 MB
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/CurlWrapper.cpp:58:DumpVersion():libcurl 7.64.0 Schannel
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/CurlWrapper.cpp:42:GetTLSBackend():SSL backend #0: 'schannel' (ID: 8)
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/Rapid/RapidDownloader.cpp:210:parse():Found 43 repos in C:\Users\Rick\Documents\My Games\Spring\rapid\repos.springrts.com\repos.gz

[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/Rapid/RapidDownloader.cpp:77:download_name():[Download] Balanced Annihilation V10.24
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/Rapid/Sdp.cpp:338:downloadStream():Using rapid
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/Downloader/Rapid/Sdp.cpp:339:downloadStream():http://repos.springrts.com/ba/streamer. ... 29f57b8790
[Info] ../../tools/pr-downloader/src/main.cpp:223:main():Download complete!

Situation described before didn't change after that.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Wh-- what?

I have been telling you what to do on your host, not what to do in your local spring install. I don't care about your local spring install.

Honestly I feel like you don't understand what you're doing to the point of where it doesn't make much sense to try to help you.

I don't think my instructions were unclear?

The whole point is to have you clear the engine stuff on the host and install it from scratch brand new. Next we clear out anything games related and grab it from rapid on your host so that way we can verify that both the engine and the game are legitimate and noncorrupted. In doing so we also double check paths to make sure spads knows exactly where to look for assets.

But springlobby? Who said anything about springlobby?

And you said these hosts were on Linux but you're pasting logs from Windows... What the actual hell?
RickHustle

Post by RickHustle »

Spads and his Spring engine that i put has not pr-downloader, has not rapid. I show it on the screenshot 4.jpg. Therefore i thought that now you mean local Spring. It has.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Oh ok, I see. In the linux install of spring, pr-downloader is in the bin folder, whereas in windows it is in the root (this info is valid as of the last time I looked).

To use pr-downloader, sometimes it is better to enclose things in " " marks e.g. when you have a path with a space in it. Sometimes if it complains and doesn't download anything you might need to delete the rapid folder, which will force it to download the package lists again (useful if you have stale package lists that refuse to be overwritten).

Code: Select all

path/to/pr-downloader --filesystem-writepath "path/to/your/datadir" --download-game ba:stable

Return to “Ingame Community”