Re: Changes to moderation & lobbyserver

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I think such issues as deciding who can own a host or not should be dealt with a mandate from many people and not just one man. It would add some legitimacy to the decision.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

But now it's out of context totally and will get lost in springspace. Nothing will eventually happen.

Originally moved, but now split instead - hopefully better for you. (Silentwings)
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

Jools wrote: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36479

I think such issues as deciding who can own a host or not should be dealt with a mandate from many people and not just one man. It would add some legitimacy to the decision.
In this case i felt legitimate as there were several complains by others and i personally complained about this, too.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

abma wrote:
Jools wrote: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36479

In this case i felt legitimate as there were several complains by others and i personally complained about this, too.
It's probably okay in this case, just the principle is bad. The same arguments can be used to shut down any autohost, and there is no way of verifying that the complaints actually happened.

I do not know the case with this particular autohost.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

By default, we will respect the privacy of users who send reports/logfiles to us - we cannot reasonably do anything else.

We do appreciate that it would not be sensible to remove a botflag based solely on the whims/reports of a single person. I hope this is clear from https://springrts.com/wiki/Botflags.

Return to “Ingame Community”