Re: moderation of bad language in autohosts (split)

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

Split from viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36406#p583532 (Silentwings).
zweistein wrote:I say those Botflags and Botflagged hosts access to data is just perfect and was needed for a long time! Finally bans get useful!

But where I disagree is to reeducate a very very small established community because you want it to behave like you want it... Here is the thing:
Reeducate no.
It wasn't like this until the presence of Adolf and Mando.
And if things now change, it's just because actually, those 2x players aren't controllable with a ban.
They don't question themselves or act like babies by complainging on other players or tell somethings like "last week player A did that on me, that's why I did it" etc. Like babies.
zweistein wrote:
  • - There is a 2 hour range for 8v8 games per day
    - As soon as it becomes 6v6, a lot of players go spectate because they dont play anything but 8v8. So it becomes usually 4v4 or 3v3 at 11pm in my timezone.
We also know: the more noob you are, the better big games are for you.
I don't see the point to mention this here...
zweistein wrote:Other player can carry you. You point out that new players would stay in a polite community. I'd answer that i dont see many new players trying out spring anyway. Two thoughts about banning the established community:
  • - You simply need every player as I explained with the 8v8 games before...
    - Those using "bad words" are the community pusher. They talk a lot, they laugh a lot, they dominate the chats. If you stick with the introverts that do not talk: the social aspect and fun decreases. You stick with the more boring people. That happend to a lot of small communities.
You're not a computer, it's not 0 or 1. And "we" never say that we will totally ban any word. Some bots can do it, easier than humans.
AFAIC, I said I would accept exception due to the context of an ending game, for instance.
zweistein wrote:This is just a warning that you should not moderate strict or harsh. BUT IF YOU WANT TO BE HARSH:
12:05:30 AM] <[HATERS]Gayyiijjo> senna rename to [HATERS]Nixtux
[12:05:31 AM] <[HATERS]Gayyiijjo> hahaha
[12:05:32 AM] <[HATERS]Gayyiijjo> gg
[12:05:36 AM] <[HATERS]vbs> xD
[12:05:45 AM] <[HATERS]vbs> ye that would be OP xD
[12:05:52 AM] <[ACE]Senna> oh man u dont know what happend with nixtux
[12:06:07 AM] <[ACE]Senna> he lost his wife
Did you see eveything I posted also ? Do you need some help to search or it's ok ?
I didn't see your answers, maybe (or not) you caution it.
I won't debate on Senna, I agree he did a bad joke, really.
However, don't mention him here because you dislike him, this is a little watter drop compared to torrents of water for the disaster that Mando, Adolf and some few others did in the past and/still continue maybe for some actually.
zweistein wrote:You thanked your friend Senna who does those things. And he did not correct that rumor so that people asked me if that is really true... I'd rather ban him than those people calling their friends "cunts" and "tards" for fun. But we need him as a player, too ;) So dont start overmoderating or everyone gets banned!
It's your point, and have fun with them then if you feel better.
No, everyone won't be banned, it's your think, not the reality simply because we -most players- don't talk like Mando/Adolf, really.
zweistein

Re: moderation of bad language in autohosts

Post by zweistein »

Silentwings wrote:@zweistein: Senna's rumor mongering was dealt with (by me). Please avoid backseat moderation that brings threads off-topic.
My point with that obviously was that every moderator has people they love and people they hate. You find excuses for people you love. And you find reasons for people you dont like.
Silentwings wrote:Please don't start your own rumor mongering either; there is no en masse banning of the community taking place.
This thread is about how to deal with bad languages. I made a point for not being harsh or everybody would get banned. Its fine you all agree with that. But how is my reply a rumor then?
FabriceFABS wrote:No, everyone won't be banned, it's your think, not the reality simply because we -most players- don't talk like Mando/Adolf, really.
Thanks for your reply Fabrice. First of: Perma Ban Mando, no Problem with that. Second: I like you, you are nice, but you are just not a community pusher. I played with you like 4 times in all these years. Some other players are here ALWAYS. You may be a dev and a hoster, but not someone to play with. But people need other talking player or they could start games against bots... And actually I have no problem with senna.
FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

dansan wrote:When you see people (or their proxies) whining because they are loosing their turf, you know you did the right thing.
Ahah yeah !
zweistein wrote:
Silentwings wrote:@zweistein: Senna's rumor mongering was dealt with (by me). Please avoid backseat moderation that brings threads off-topic.
My point with that obviously was that every moderator has people they love and people they hate. You find excuses for people you love. And you find reasons for people you dont like.
AFAIC, I never said I love Senna, nor excuse him, neither said also I love you, this is a fact.
But yes, there's some people behaviours that permits us to have our likes or not.
zweistein wrote:
Silentwings wrote:Please don't start your own rumor mongering either; there is no en masse banning of the community taking place.
This thread is about how to deal with bad languages. I made a point for not being harsh or everybody would get banned. Its fine you all agree with that. But how is my reply a rumor then?
FabriceFABS wrote:No, everyone won't be banned, it's your think, not the reality simply because we -most players- don't talk like Mando/Adolf, really.
Thanks for your reply Fabrice. First of: Perma Ban Mando, no Problem with that. Second: I like you, you are nice, but you are just not a community pusher. I played with you like 4 times in all these years. Some other players are here ALWAYS. You may be a dev and a hoster, but not someone to play with. But people need other talking player or they could start games against bots...
I will see when I will remove perma-ban on Mando, I think maybe soon, things are changing.
I'm not so blinded as you may think. Just take [ACE]FabriceFABS and have a look, I didn't make so few games as you may think.
I'm really not the right person to tell this. I'm just disgusted those last years, because I don't accept some things -and it's where we are opposed-, things you like or caution. It's your personnal think !
Oops, I regret I can't show you my games in 2009, because the oldy replays site http://replays.adune.nl has been stopped due to staff conflict...
Really sorry believe in me ! That was the period I love the most, and played the most.

Let's hope it !
zweistein

Post by zweistein »

Neither the devs alone nor the players alone are crucial. Devs developing something without users is useless. And users without something usable as well. Anyway, you seem to all disagree with me. If you want the other train I would do this:
  • - Remove all bad behaving people. Be strict.
    - Make a new release. Something like BA 10.0
    - Then make marketing. Tell those youtube lets players that there were significant changes and thats why its called 10.0 now. Get millions of views and some new players.
    - Get the game on a distribution platform that is compatible with spring licences and use the 10.0 argument again. Get on the "hot release" sections.
    - Apply the new polite community rules from the beginning on.
    - Dont let the community grow slowly. Make it a fast impact through those points to get the crucial mass.
Absolutely right: There is absolutely no need to improve the game before. It is good as it is. Some rumors even say its getting worse and not better :) Its all marketing. Noone of my friends know Spring.
zweistein

Post by zweistein »

zweistein wrote:There is absolutely no need to improve the game before
Ok... Maybe improve the lobby system :) Make it as easy as possible to join a game.
FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

Why do you bother yourself so much ?
Just one simpler act : Stopping talking/acting like this.... So easy !

Actually it's possible to question ourself and change !
zweistein

Post by zweistein »

What do you mean? Nobody ever got mad with me. I dont use the mentioned words. I am admin on all TA hosts. I am in good contact with nixtux, i appreciate his works and i even did some development myself, helped balancing, even though its not worth mentioning it. I did those:

https://springfiles.com/spring/spring-m ... id-defense
https://springfiles.com/spring/spring-maps/bsmap

and I was working on a new unit, see attachement. I want the community to grow thats why I gave my opinion. What excatly do you blame me for? :)
Attachments
screen00157.jpg
(1021.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

Where did you see I blamed you ?

I can also show all my map stuff too, and so on, I don't see the goal.
zweistein

Post by zweistein »

Sry, your points or answers dont make much sense to me.
FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

zweistein wrote:What do you mean? Nobody ever got mad with me.
Me neither regards you.
zweistein wrote:I dont use the mentioned words.
Did I say the opposite ?
zweistein wrote:I am admin on all TA hosts. I am in good contact with nixtux, i appreciate his works and i even did some development myself, helped balancing, even though its not worth mentioning it. I did those:

https://springfiles.com/spring/spring-m ... id-defense
https://springfiles.com/spring/spring-maps/bsmap

and I was working on a new unit, see attachement. I want the community to grow thats why I gave my opinion.
I'm glad for you you're involved in the community, that you find a place where you can give your own for all of us.
This topic has been split, be we were all having a discuss about moderation, and how things should change to avoid things that no one wants to.
zweistein wrote:What excatly do you blame me for? :)
I repeat : Where did you see I did blame you ?
You're awkward, be careful not to get tangled and then declare things I did not say !
If you're in doubt in a sentence I've said, don't hesitate to mention it clearly to avoid hints.
FabriceFABS wrote:Why do you bother yourself so much ?
Just one simpler act : Stopping talking/acting like this.... So easy !

Actually it's possible to question ourself and change !
Do not tell me that you felt targeted by this message !
In any case, I did not write it to target you, but as a reminder to the main topic of discussion.
Knowing you no more than that, I would not allow myself.
zweistein

Post by zweistein »

FabriceFABS wrote:Do not tell me that you felt targeted by this message !
of course I did. Thats why i proved that I am part of the dev community and i do bother. Dont tell me that sentence was for everyone else but me ;)
FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

zweistein wrote:
FabriceFABS wrote:Do not tell me that you felt targeted by this message !
of course I did. Thats why i proved that I am part of the dev community and i do bother. Dont tell me that sentence was for everyone else but me ;)
you are making fun on me or ?
I don't know you really, how could I say this to you ? That's enough now.
Wake up and check yourself who is toxic in this community, and feel free to include yourself or not.

Return to “Ingame Community”