OverKillHost1 Moderator Feedback - ADOLF - Page 3

OverKillHost1 Moderator Feedback - ADOLF

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

frju365

Re: OverKillHost1 Moderator Feedback - ADOLF

Post by frju365 »

First, I'm not a kid. Second, you don't know apparently what you did (you really chrank me to 10 TS and it was set manually by you). Third, you don't banned troll or you would ban yourself long time ago. Fourth, I'm not a PA player, nor sensitive. I just don't go in a battleroom to get insults... that is to say, that I'm not insane. :)

Whereas, you are surely a kid, because you don't take your responsibilities, and you even don't know what you do/are doing.

My definition of trolls : person who makes fun of other ppl without reason through free insults and funny (or not), sometimes hurting behaviors.

Don't try to say that I'm confuse ; surely you are speaking about you. Don't deceive yourself !
BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

The opinion is widespread that ADOLF is a really bad presence here on spring and should never be given any powers whatsoever
(The only people who seem to disagree are his gang of I think just Ares Zweistein)

SO why are the senior mods, elders, the decent people of this community doing anything about it?

How can this kind of issue get ignored if anybody cares about the community?
BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

very_bad_soldier wrote:
OPAdolfSatan wrote: It's beyond my understanding why Spring admins do tolerate such hosts but I am sure they have their good reasons... :roll:
^This, exactly this
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

very_bad_soldier wrote: Bro, don't you think thats a funny thing to say when actually Blackhole admins are the ones regularly DDOS'ing ACE servers to force people to play Blackhole/Overkill hosts?
Do you really think that any of these kids have access to a botnet? I highly doubt it.

Do you have any proof? Server logs would be useful. Just because a host is behind a crappy DSL connection that is unreliable does not mean that it is the victim of a DDOS attack. The first D in the term DDOS is quite important.
BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

Forboding Angel wrote:
very_bad_soldier wrote: Bro, don't you think thats a funny thing to say when actually Blackhole admins are the ones regularly DDOS'ing ACE servers to force people to play Blackhole/Overkill hosts?
Do you really think that any of these kids have access to a botnet? I highly doubt it.

Do you have any proof? Server logs would be useful. Just because a host is behind a crappy DSL connection that is unreliable does not mean that it is the victim of a DDOS attack. The first D in the term DDOS is quite important.
This post was created to discuss the fact there is a huge amount of people of the opinion that ADOLF is an abusive bully and a really bad influence on what is becoming a very hostile and closed community. I just think he should have all admin powers removed within ANY part of this community due to the disgusting way he behaves. The evidence for this is everywhere and wouldn't take anybody long to just go through recent games.

The fact he or his gang DDOS or anything like that is on another level and should mean they get permanently barred. That's not what this post is about, but it strongly supports my case.
zweistein

Post by zweistein »

BadgerMyBadger wrote:(The only people who seem to disagree are his gang of I think just Ares Zweistein)
BadgerMyBadger wrote:The fact he or his gang DDOS...
So first I am in a so called "Adolf" gang? And second, it means that I am doing DDOS attacks now, too? What about not lumping all players together? Noone would disagree that Mandy needs perma ban forever. But there is a big difference between Mandy and Adolf. Bring the facts and replays.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Forboding Angel wrote:

Every 6yo can buy botnet access nowadays, but I don't see any relevance if it was DOS or DDOS. It is a fact that Mando does it (and did it) several times to get people into his host. Has been reported to spring admins. As said, no reaction from them for whatever reason.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Has been reported to spring admins. As said, no reaction from them for whatever reason.
As said, it hadn't been, until earlier in this thread. (In fact, a search will show you that, before this thread, the word ddos was not used in any forum post since 2014 - and nor was it reported to us via pm).

We generally afford moderation, and users affected by it, a degree of privacy. I have already made clear what will happen to autohosts that behave maliciously towards other autohosts. Additionally, in a serious case, we need time to choose our reactions.

Lastly, if an autohost is hosted privately outside of the Spring server, and is DDOSed via traffic that does not pass through the Spring server, from a purely technical point of view there is nothing we can do that prevents it.
very_bad_soldier

Silentwings wrote: As said, it hadn't been, until earlier in this thread. (In fact, a search will show you that, before this thread, the word ddos was not used in any forum post since 2014 - and nor was it reported to us via pm).
Not true. If you really don't know about the case then this is a bit disappointing. But that still does not mean that it has not been reported.
Bluestone, I reported DOS to abma, that suggested me to write to abuse@ISP's IP.
Silentwings wrote: We generally afford moderation, and users affected by it, a degree of privacy. I have already made clear what will happen to autohosts that behave maliciously towards other autohosts. Additionally, in a serious case, we need time to choose our reactions.
Read above, the only reaction was "write to the ISP". If spring admins were discussing further actions behind the scenes then it would be a good idea to state this. Do you consider an autohost admin taking down other autohosts a serious case?
Lastly, if an autohost is hosted privately outside of the Spring server, and is DDOSed via traffic that does not pass through the Spring server, from a purely technical point of view there is nothing we can do that prevents it.
I think nobody expects spring admins being able to prevent DDOS attacks to random internet servers, so that's fine in my opinion. The problem is that so far there was no sign of any action or interest in taking any actions from spring administration at all.
FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

Just for your info 7 may 2017

Re: BA Community Downgrade Due to abusive admin autohost : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36185&p=582099#p582099

And don't be shy to read my previous messages in this topic.
very_bad_soldier

Thanks Fabs for the reminder.
Silentwings wrote: As said, it hadn't been, until earlier in this thread. (In fact, a search will show you that, before this thread, the word ddos was not used in any forum post since 2014 - and nor was it reported to us via pm).
Did you try it? Well, when actually searching for "ddos" you can easily find the thread Fabs posted (in which you even took part :():

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36185&p=582099#p582099
FabriceFABS 07 May 2017, 22:49 wrote: Today (07/05/2017), it was Mando, with another way.
After a couple of around 10 bans this afternoon from Triton and myself, he decided to make 3x DDOS attacks on [ACE]host's IP.
Players finally moved, I let you guess where, no choice for playing.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Apologies, you are correct and I have missed a pair of posts made back in May (which I guess I hadn't ever read). I did search, but read the results too quickly.

Nonetheless - and I feel as though I am repeating this for the millionth time: reports requiring moderators attention should be sent to moderators via pm, with logfiles attached if possible. We do not read everything, and we are only certain to assume that attention is wanted from us if we are sent a pm.
Do you consider an autohost admin taking down other autohosts a serious case?
Yes.
The problem is that so far there was no sign of any action or interest
Indeed, at the moment there is no action visible to you - in part because it has not yet been fully decided what to do.

I find your accusation of a lack of interest rather offensive; I think viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36383#p583285, viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36185#p582193, viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36185&start=20#p582202 and viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36185&start=20#p582209 makes it clear to any reasonable person that I (at least) am not disinterested in the issue of how to best manage big autohosts, but it does need care. In this case I think the right response needs multiple peoples agreement, which cannot be claimed before it is given. You might reasonably think that offending me will make me more involved in your aims - this is not correct, my life is busy.
If ... were discussing behind the scenes then it would be a good idea to state this.
No. It is better not to (implicitly or otherwise) commit to taking a position until we are confident there is at least one position that it is possible for us to take.
BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

Silentwings - Thanks for your reply and updating us that some things mentioned here are being looked in to. I think that's as much as we can ask for now! Like you say we all have real lives going on, well most of us do anyway :lol:

You're also the only senior person replying to this thread, so I appreciate that.

When the DOS/DDOS is investigated it would be great if you can just keep an eye out for the language and behaviour of Adolf throughout any chat or replays you witness. It won't take long to witness behaviour I don't think any adult would want within this community as a whole - specifically not as a permanent admin with any authority.
very_bad_soldier

Indeed, at the moment there is no action visible to you - in part because it has not yet been fully decided what to do.
Ok, if this is the case then I understand it of course and it is good. Let me note that I am a bit surprised by your statement now since just some hours ago the discussion here was about that you claimed several times that admins don't even know about the case.
I find your accusation of a lack of interest rather offensive; I think viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36383#p583285, viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36185#p582193, viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36185&start=20#p582202 and viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36185&start=20#p582209 makes it clear to any reasonable person that I (at least) am not disinterested in the issue of how to best manage big autohosts, but it does need care. In this case I think the right response needs multiple peoples agreement, which cannot be claimed before it is given.
Readers could think you are trying to imply that I am not a reasonable person which furthermore could be considered as ad hominem, but ok, let's don't be pussies.
Regarding my offensive accusation: The case was reported to spring administration 4 months (!) ago but instantly dismissed by responding "contact ISP". Since then it was talked about in forums (not only DDOS, also racism and stuff), playerbase is well aware. Some hours ago you were still claiming that admins don't know about it at all. And now you are the one that feels offended when people are expressing their feelings about lack of interest in administration? (this wasn't a real question)
You might reasonably think that offending me will make me more involved in your aims - this is not correct, my life is busy.
Bro, we all have busy lifes, thats not so special. Please don't try to make it look like I am begging for a favor of yours or something. In fact I don't care so much although I am discussing the case with you but mostly to get the facts straight for people here to read.
Interesting though that you are considering this stuff to be my aims. You are the spring admin here and I think it would be appropriate for you to consider solving such conflicts to be your own aims.

Anyway, I think we got the facts straight now. Further discussion won't lead to more value but probably just drama. Point is that spring admins are well aware of the case now. Maybe we will be positively surprised when actions will be taken actually.
gajop

Post by gajop »

What Silentwings said is true. Sad fact is we also lack infrastructure to properly moderate the server and we're working towards a solution that will take the least amount of work.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

We do now have a reasonable picture of what has gone on. Thanks to those who helped.

A repeat of one further fact: To report something to moderators, a pm must be sent to the moderators group, containing the relevant information. It is the only way to be certain that we, as a group, are aware of anything. (It is also the effect of using the 'report this post' button available on forum posts.)
Bro, we all have busy lifes, thats not so special. Please don't try to make it look like I am begging for a favor ... In fact I don't care so much ... You are the spring admin here and I think it would be appropriate for you to ... Maybe we will be positively surprised when ...
And I think I am a volunteer who gives as much of their time as is practical. If you place little value on what I do have time to do, and then complain I don't live up to your expectations .... hard luck.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

Hello guys,

Just wanted to show that I like both adolfsatan and fabrice, but for different reasons.

Adolf is a great admin, most of the time, he's mostly fair and respectfull.
One thing that can be annoying is the language he uses, but we must admit that a big part of the community likes to use bad words
Another problem is that most people dont know how to use these words while still being respectfull to your conversation partner. It's a little annoying cause some players use this strong language without being respectfull, and also some players dont get the subtility about how a strong language can be respectfull still.

My suggestion would be to show this kind of stuff before you join an autohost where adolf is admin :

This is less a problem with fabrice, who is very respectfull also and way more carefull about the words he uses. (obviously he lost his nerves in this post ^^)
But I dont think I would like to live in a world with only polished autohosts like fab's ones.
Sometimes u want a dirty fight, without condoms, like a good south park episode.
And sometimes you want a clean fight where your teammates and opponents will all weigh their words, and try to act like gentlemen.

So to make it simple there is the polite server, and the troll host and I personnaly likes to play on both autohosts, for different reasons; likes many players.

As Langhorne Clemens aka Mark Twain said : I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places.

gajop: Warning issued for discriminatory word usage:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36383&p=583323#p583323
BadgerMyBadger

Post by BadgerMyBadger »

Adolf picks on individuals and gets gangs on new players etc if they don't do as he says.

He's the worst possible version of an admin.

You must surely understand that he will not be this rude to established members... it's like friends of a renound bully thinking they're lovely because it's not them they bully. Remarkable ignorence.
FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

I still don't understand why this guy mention my hosts and myself to solve his personnal problems.
This means how mature this man (or child, who knows) is to resolve conflicts, that's a fact.
He got a good TS -I remind that's it's him that also, started to attack me with my TS so I answer- this is nice, but that's all.

@triton > IMO, don't consider me an admin, but more autohost owner. I didn't do so much administration as you may think.
I prefer let you and others do that job on my hosts.
I'm just here to offer autohost to players as good as I can from more than five years now.
But it should respect some rules http://ace.springrts.fr/our-policy
I'm sorry about that, but I feel responsible of what is happening in it.

Internet is NOT a no-man's land.

@Triton > I never forbid to use some bad words like shit, merde or anything else.
This should be exception and I accept it because the context exists for instance, just after a game.

Using them every day, every minute, no, sorry, it's really annoying, and not just for me.
OPAdolfSatan

Post by OPAdolfSatan »

BadgerMyBadger wrote:Adolf picks on individuals and gets gangs on new players etc if they don't do as he says.

He's the worst possible version of an admin.

You must surely understand that he will not be this rude to established members... it's like friends of a renound bully thinking they're lovely because it's not them they bully. Remarkable ignorence.

Lmao Stfu C*nt.. this cry baby is still here posting things about being ban for an hour. Badger just trying to get around the fact he ruins game by dguning teamates over and over again so he put all the blame on Poor adolf as being bad admin. Like i said before you're in the wrong host bud if you think admins here gona be polite and respectful and call you nice words like your sister does to me, well you are wrong. OP adolf doesn't bully everyone, just you for ruining games, I had to step up for the dsd gang cant have you running around here with your undies getting triggered when someone doesn't share you t2. Again there is nothing serious here its only badger who wants attention. I dont see anyone here crying about op adolf, and im sorry fabrice Peace?? YOu know im gay for you.. MUAH

Yours Truly,
OP adolf

gajop: Warning issued for language/hostility in post

Return to “Ingame Community”