OverKillHost1 Moderator Feedback - ADOLF - Page 4

OverKillHost1 Moderator Feedback - ADOLF

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

gajop

Re: OverKillHost1 Moderator Feedback - ADOLF

Post by gajop »

gajop wrote:I would like to point out that writing discriminatory words is not OK, even in the context of a discussion and no ill intent.
Please refrain from doing so, and use the same kind of filters you would in the real world.

I've now edited the posts that have done so, and will be issuing warnings for this in the future.
We will not allow this kind of communication. We will moderate to ensure proper language and decency in both the forums and lobby.

I do not accept this to be the Spring community as some claim in this thread. It is not present in any major dev channel, and I don't see it in the games I play. There are quite a lot of suggestions that this is the case for some BA autohosts, and we may need to increase moderation there.

To the common offenders here, there are two options:
1) Drastically increase the politeness in which you address your fellow players. Apply the same rules that you would when addressing other people in the real world.
2) Leave the Spring community entirely.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

Dude, I hate discriminations. But I love Cartman.

How is censorship here?

Please avoid 'shock humour' images, especially when they are unrelated to the topic - removed. (Silentwings)
gajop

Post by gajop »

Dude, I hate discriminations.
Then act like it. Racist, homophobic, and other discriminatory slurs are not allowed on this forum.

This is also not the place to discuss them, there are better places. We make and play games here.

I will rationalize why I think this needs to be censored.

To give you an idea why saying those things is bad, even if you don't necessarily mean it, see this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamFail ... a/dmtr0k5/

Despite you not meaning it, those are disturbing words to many people, not just those discriminated, but also those who are strongly against discrimination in general and understand how often it still happens.
If I started playing a new online game, and saw such words being thrown around, I likely wouldn't play it again. Life is not comedy central or a sitcom, and it's important to self-censor one's speech depending on the place and audience.

PS: I'm sorry for singling you out in the reply, as I don't think you're the worst offender from what I've seen. This entire discussion has a lot of toxic language in it, and a lot of it is centered around some BA autohosts which will need to be dealt with.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Just because racist and homophobic taunts are common in some places, doesn't mean it's normal to use them. Everyone is an individual and has the freedom to choose its words. There exists no excuse:
You choose to support racists by using their words(*), or you choose to use the other thousand taunts available in the English language.

(*) and will thus be identified as racist
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

Now triton is a confirmed racist I think we need to ask ourselves is the type of person who should be working alongside Flow and homophobic forboding angel on his ba update? Not to mention badger often makes fun of people with life-changing disabilities - which I personally think is disgusting. That is enough to justify his perm ban even without team-killing.

User was warned for this post, felony 1. (Silentwings)
OPAdolfSatan

Post by OPAdolfSatan »

I agree with the virgin guy who just post before me about badger and also Triton is not racist he dated my black cousin before :wink:
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Getting identified as racist is not the same as being a racist.

It is the same with criticizing someones actions/words or the person. The difference in the language is subtle but important. It makes a huge difference in the communication and the following reaction. Example:
  • If you tell me "Hey dansan, you just handled that incident in a racist way (treating X differently to Y)." then I will hopefully say "Oh shit, I didn't notice! I probably have a prejudice I wasn't aware of."
  • If you tell me "Hey dansan, you are a racist." then I will tell you "I am not! Fuck off!"
The 1st one leaves me in a position where I can try to improve, because I sure as hell don't want to be crowded in with racist.
The 2nd leaves room only yelling, excuses and fists.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Ares wrote:homophobic forboding angel
What the fuck? Excuse me? You better fucking check yourself when you start throwing around bullshit accusations. I suggest you sit down and shut your mouth kid.

User was warned for this post, felonies 1,5. (Silentwings)

User was banned, mandatory minimum for multiple warnings in short time period.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Regarding Triton, actually he is a pretty bad offender. I went through the logs in my BA hosts and banned everyone who thought that using homophobic and racist slurs were ok. Apparently, in doing so, I banned the core BA community. Triton spent a very long time attempting to persuade me that racist slurs were ok.

This shit needs to be excised. I am tired of being part of a project that allows this shit by ignoring it. BA hosts are particularly bad offenders. I have tried to keep mine clean, but for all I know the mods have unbanned the people I banned. I don't pay enough attention to it.

When I did these bans, they just started talking about how they would have to go to a different host.

This is why autohosts don't moderate. Because if overkill were to start moderating they would just go to a different one. And for some reason these host admins think that it's super important to have tons of ppl using them because that somehow matters (spring is Instagram?).

So since the lobby mods can't be fucked to moderate the lobby, and hosts can't be fucked to moderate, we have "4chan: the RTS". This isn't something to be proud of.

I can provide names and IDs for the sake of public shaming if need be.
sprunk

Post by sprunk »

Forboding Angel wrote:What the fuck? Excuse me? You better fucking check yourself
If you want people to be less verbally aggressive it might help if you lead by example.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

I usually don't answer to Ares anymore since he's the biggest troll I know on BA's autohosts. But Id like to be sure that people are aware of that. Ares is never constructive and he usually says a lot of fake stuff. He might be a really sad personn who needs more attention to feel better idk. I can't really hate him myself.

Ares is the kind of guy who call his teammates idiots or retards in most his games. And I hate to see him calling new players or just random casual player like that, when I lack of respect to someone, cause it happens sometimes, I apologize most of the time etc..

It's also the main reason why I hated adolf first. I tried to fight bad manners as much as I could on the server he was, then I lost admin's right on main trollhost server, mostly because I was fighting trollz and mando.

After some times, and many hours only insulting adolf back, to see if I could piss him off a bit, I understood that adolf wasnt insulting me.
It's just the way that guy talk. It's his culture? idk
But there is also another factor, yes adolf got high TS, means he's good player, and as I am not too bad myself I try to play with the best players I can find.
AND ITS NOT EASY TO FIND DECENT SKILLED PLAYERS.

People on forum dont understand that if u are a player that want some decent games u need sacrifices.
Like waiting 2 hours for a game, playing with worst pathing every year, playing with toxic players cause noone else is around..

ANYWAY, I should stop writing on this forum if another guy than ares think I am racist here, I would be VERY not understood, cause I always try to be open-minded, and then it would mean that I am too bad at making my thought clear with writed words.
I think the only minority I dont defend much are like the WASP, not sure they need me.

EVEN MANDO IS LESS PAINFULL THAN ARES :(
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

oh, I didnt see Forb's post,
Fast answer. I dont like u much forb but I always tried to show u some respect, I also felt I was a bit alone to defend you when some BA players were insulting you. About logs, I remember a lot of discussions where u lose your nerves and show very little respect to a lot of people here. But its something I would never bring here, cause it's not best way to find solutions and compromise for a better place to be.

Not sure you deserve my attention after the post you just made?
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Enough. :regret:

Return to “Ingame Community”