OverKillHost1 Please stop spamming #main

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

I know that in theory I should go to the host owner -- I think it's murtagon -- but I wouldn't know how to contact him. So I'm writing here in the hope that the message gets to him somehow.

Every time OveKillHost1 launches a game, kicks someone from battle, ends a game, whatever, #main is notified. A number of people have complained about this, and I personally don't like it either. I mean, the channel isn't really used for antyhing else, but spamming it is only going to reinforce that state.

So could OverKillHost1 stop spamming #main?

Thank you.
gajop

Re: OverKillHost1 Please stop spamming #main

Post by gajop »

Agreed. I'd revoke channel voice access to all autohost bots, otherwise everyone who thinks they're special starts advertising.
FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

Thanks, really right that #main is not dedicated for this use.

You were right to talk about it for being sure to get a positive action.
You permit us to avoid receiving automated-spam from these hosts.
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

@gajop What overkillhost* is doing should not be confused with advertising. The later is when an autohost prints "players needed for ..." in reasonably-spaced intervals. However, if you do decide to mute all the bots in main, then I propose the following:

1) An official method of advertising games to ALL connected clients on the spring lobby platform to be established (possibly in the server window and possibly with an opt-out)
2) #newbies to be merged with #main as both are quite void of human discussion in general and monitoring one channel is easier than two. And everyone to be force-joined to the resulting chatroom.

Given that I read about this overkillhost* and its privileged inhabitants breaking rules every single week I would have expected something to be done about them already, but then again moderators are
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

At some point, maybe two years ago, it was decided that #newbies would be bot free and auto-joined by newly installed SL - and that #main would not be. Hence https://github.com/spring/uberserver/bl ... l.py#L1357.

Return to “Ingame Community”