Whitelists instead of Banlists for hosts - Page 3

Whitelists instead of Banlists for hosts

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

MasterBel2

Re: Whitelists instead of Banlists for hosts

Post by MasterBel2 »

ThinkSome wrote:Perhaps new players should first solve an entry challenge... such as a medium level sudoku. Should keep those without patience away and provide for some 20 minute mental exercise.
albator wrote:+1 (with at least 1min delay for email sending)
@Forb I'd be against tying logins to other platforms, purely from a user point of view.

Afaik emails already can be gathered. So that's one step in the progress. However, the major lobbies do not allow for registering with an email. That will have to come first, right?

@Forb I never intended for this conversation to turn into an argument. Please settle down and refrain from making negative comments about other people, please? If you want something to get done, trying to keep the conversation calm is probably the best way to get it done.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

It wasn't a serious suggestion. That said...
Forboding Angel wrote:GitHub
@masterbel, I haven't said anything negative about other people.

Split discussion of negative comments to viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36164. (Silentwings)
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

As usual when this discussion comes round, +1 from me to email verification, but afaics its main use is password reset etc, and seems a minor thing. Might do something against trouble causers, but I doubt it would be a big effect.

As to whitelists for hosts - it won't work, the bad effects of shutting newbies out & the inevitable fallout when host owners argue/compete will far outweigh any positives.

Return to “Ingame Community”