Are autohost admin bitches of dev ?

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

albator

Post by albator »

Hi, I can play TA (connect to game and play). I played today, all went fine.

An hour ago, I joined a game with SL (linux). I could get ready but when the game starts, it is impossible to connect. I tried multiple times it did not worked. I restarted lobby and make new account same results.
I contact shock and he told me my ip range was banned by a dev. I asked him for explanation, he told me I was banned by a dev and could not unban me :
[21:56:19] <ShockWave> a dev banned you, not an host admin
My ip range have been banned apparently, so potentially other players can be banned as well:

<ShockWave> you got the whole cluster banned

Now, i cannot play because shock does not want to unban me:
] <ShockWave> i need to know why

Apparently the dev is so PRO he banned the all ip range without even noticing the admin. And shock does not want to unban me if he does not know what happen.

So why should I suffer from the fact that dev have the power to ban a full ip-range and then go away without even telling why ? (filling a log or explaining the reason in the ban like you everyone competent does) If you were working in a company you will lose all your customer if you cut their access without telling them why and then go into vacation while your boss thrust you to give no reason whatsoever... Of course spring is free (and i am glad for that), but it made you sounds like douchebags.

Still shock does not want to unban me while he has no prof I did anything, thus the question-title (not meant to be an insult btw) - but he did not tell, why to thrust such person ?

user was warned for this post. Felony #1, "no insulting of other users": thread title is against forum rules -- abma

But that is not felony as it is an open question that was claimed by someone assertion. If you don't wave the warning, you will make it very clear that you should rather let player insulting you and the dev in their back, vehiculating false information rather than reporting it he forum. If you want to promote auto-censure, that is your call... -- albator
Last edited by albator on 11 Apr 2016, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
ShockWave

Re: Are autohost admin bitches of dev ?

Post by ShockWave »

Still shock does not want to unban me while he has no prof I did anything, thus the question-title (not meant to be an insult btw) - but he did not tell, why to thrust such person ?
Why should i unban you without knowing the reason you were banned? :D
Looks like you want to talk about other problems, go directly to the point...
albator

Post by albator »

ShockWave wrote:
Why should i unban you without knowing the reason you were banned? :D
Looks like you want to talk about other problems, go directly to the point...
Yes, why would it be to the accusation (you) to prove someone (me) committed a murder ?
The way the justice works always is to send random person (me) in jail and they have to prove they are innocent of every crime to the justice (you)

\sarcasm

To make it clear: you are the one to prove I did something wrong.

I am not the one who have to investigate all what your admins did.

You made them admin, you are responsible. If you use a system that grant dev an access you are responsible for it as well. And I am not the one who has to explain them how to be an admin work since I did not gave them such power. You did.
ShockWave

Post by ShockWave »

Well the logic is: Bad action from the bad boy -> ban of the bad boy.

You weren't banned for no reason or error, so until is clear what happened i won't remove the ban.
Maybe you are right and happened something wrong related to your ip, but since i don't know
what happened i need to trust who made the ban.

And really looks like you are protesting for something else, tell us directly what are your problems, don't turn around it!
albator

Post by albator »

I made my point very clear by PM but you did not agree and I posted here to make the issue been able to be judged by others.

It is clear we disagree. The last post of each of us sum up very well our believes:
albator wrote:
Yes, why would it be to the accusation (you) to prove someone (me) committed a murder ?
The way the justice works always is to send random person (me) in jail and they have to prove they are innocent of every crime to the justice (you)

\sarcasm

To make it clear: you are the one to prove I did something wrong.

I am not the one who have to investigate all what your admins did.

You made them admin, you are responsible. If you use a system that grant dev an access you are responsible for it as well. And I am not the one who has to explain them how to be an admin work since I did not gave them such power. You did.
ShockWave wrote:Well the logic is: Bad action from the bad boy -> ban of the bad boy.

You weren't banned for no reason or error, so until is clear what happened i won't remove the ban.
Maybe you are right and happened something wrong related to your ip, but since i don't know
what happened i need to trust who made the ban.

And really looks like you are protesting for something else, tell us directly what are your problems, don't turn around it!

At least it is clear now what policy you use and how well you pick and talk to your admins.
albator

Post by albator »

Also my problem is that you are not even able to look at the log to say when i played.

That is easy check when I was banned (look at the time the ban of the ip range was made)
Also, look at the ip that were present ingame at that time, if it does not match mine that was not me ! but someone else in the same ip range.

Also, check what was the last time I played/spec : http://replays.springrts.com/player/975588/

I am complaining you are not willing to do as simple thing as this.
gajop

Post by gajop »

I don't think this has anything to do with Spring devs - both engine and community members active in these forums, nor does it have anything to do with the server admins.
We currently have no strong policies or control over autohosts, and most of the forum mods don't even have mod control on the server.
This is out of our hands I'm afraid.
albator

Post by albator »

gajop wrote:I don't think this has anything to do with Spring devs

So both parties reject the responsibility toward each other and the results is that I cannot play as this host is the only one that has player.
ShockWave

Post by ShockWave »

I still don't know what happened but you surely did some noob hacking to receive such ban.
Ban entries that you are posting are related to other people, nothing involved you indirectly.
You have been purposely banned, with a method reserved to compulsive trolls. 8)

Maybe try with an introspection... what did you wrong to receive a special treatment? :roll:
albator

Post by albator »

ShockWave wrote:I still don't know what happened but you surely did some noob hacking to receive such ban.
Ban entries that you are posting are related to other people, nothing involved you indirectly.
You have been purposely banned, with a method reserved to compulsive trolls. 8)

Maybe try with an introspection... what did you wrong to receive a special treatment? :roll:

I have not played last week, i come back and I am banned.

You give no explanation whatsoever.

Then you give excuse (I quoted you and I have the logs of what you said that )
Now, you change your version and you say that i was banned for a reason and you refuse to tell why. It looks like you are the troll now as you cannot keep up with the same version for 24 hours.

Start being responsible and come up with facts.
Now you are an admin that is just blaming dev for actions that were your responsibilities.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28199, autohost owners are free to allow/deny access to their hosts at will.

Spring developers and forum moderators do not ban users from autohosts. Lobby moderators can issue lobby server wide bans if necessary, which has not happened here. Please avoid generic accusations aimed at 'devs'.
ShockWave

Post by ShockWave »

Man easy, i have no idea of what you did and why you were banned.
I suppose you trolled, somehow, and someone banned you.

Also i suppose that you are trying to mislead us about the reason you were banned.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

@albator:

watch your language please!
without more details we can't help you in the forum. very likely only the autohost admin can help you. to get the autohosts admins pm the autohost with:

!list users

viewtopic.php?f=88&t=33530
albator

Post by albator »

abma wrote:watch your language please!
I quoted Shock:
I am not the one who started blaming you.

Apparently, i am the one being blamed now even a host owner blamed you for actions you did not do (if i believe you)

Now, your reaction to that was to blame the one who report it (me)

So you tolerate that an host admin blame you for action you did not commit and blame the one that report it instead.

How do you want people to to respect moderation/dev here then ?
You just gave the answer.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

@albator:

the thread title which you created is against forum rules. also you got already 3 (!!!) responses from moderators which tried to help you which you fully ignored.

still you need to provide more info: its still unclear for others what happened or at which autohost(s) you got banned.
albator

Post by albator »

Fair enough, I can renamed the thread if needed...

But that is not felony as it is an open question that was claimed by someone assertion. If you don't wave the warning, you will make it very clear that you should rather let player insulting you and the dev in their back, vehiculating false information rather than reporting it he forum. If you want to promote auto-censure, that is your call...

Thank you for the answer but that was not of any help to me. That shock is changing his answer all the time, apparently he is the one who banned me now.
But he does not want to give details: time, ip, login, log etc....

Bibim explain me a problem happens 2 days ago with the SLDB but i was not connected the last week. Anyway, it appears making dev aware of what is going on is not going to solve anything.

Thank you for giving me a warning because I was honest.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

you're response made clear that you really don't want the issue beeing resolved. i don't see how forum moderation could help you any more.

locked the thread.

Return to “Ingame Community”