ACE host ban by [Troll]Mando

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Blook

Post by Blook »

I've come back to spring after a long break, and I played a couple games on ACE host without incident, however the admin there [Troll]Mando is convinced I am another player who he does not get along with (assuming because we have the same flag).

Pretty much thinking I am knobhead he banned me after beating him in a game.

I've tried to contact [Troll]Mando to straighten this out but he simply does not respond to me.

I have not done anything unsavory since coming back and this is all what [Troll]Mando has come up with.

Him calling me out as knob and banning me on the spot was triggered by nothing more then me killing his com with a krogoth and winning vs him in a 3v3.

I also don't think it's fair anyone should be banned just for beating an admin no matter if they like them or not.

I'd like to get this straightened out so I can get back to playing without this kind of nonsense.

Edit: Here is a link of the game for those who can't take my word over the events.. http://replays.springrts.com/replay/089 ... eb294c61c/

(tldw - it's a normal game without any drama)

It's worth mentioning the day before Mando was playing games, he'd ban me with no provocation then would unban me straight after saying it was an accident when I questioned him about it. I think it was just to prove he could.
Blook

Re: ACE host ban by [Troll]Mando

Post by Blook »

Dead forum...

Well I am stumped at what I am supposed to do about this bullshit.

Such an immature person shouldn't even be an admin on an autohost.

This is a pathetic.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

It is up to ACE host owners to do (or not) something about this. Forums aren't dead though.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Blook wrote:Dead forum...
The spring engine and people here aren't responsible for what autohost owners do. They are running their own servers.

That's why no one replied... No one really had anything to say. You need to take it up with whoever runs the ACE servers.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

You are not complaining to a company, or any power structure at all.

In fact if you opened a autohost yourself, and banned everyone with a uneven letter in its name (b,d,f,h.. etc.) nobody here could- and would want to stop you. There are other servers, and you are free to open your own.
Also springservers will all shutdown in three months anyway, because when spring 101 is released we are going to charge you 80 $ bucks for having the same experience on the same servers and cant have you play our old software for free. And we are only going to ban trolls, if they hurt our income, so when they are even attract new players we will instead kick you.
;)
Blook

Post by Blook »

I'm not trying to insult anyone here I'm just getting a little frustrated about this whole event. I enjoyed this game a lot in the past and I know the actions of one bad apple doesn't reflect on spring directly.

This however has effectively left me not able to find a game because the majority of the players on at my time seem to play mostly on the host I was permanently banned from.

I have had previous experience with this game and am not put off so easy despite how idiotic it is. However a new player coming here joining a host that there are players on and being banned with no warning or explanation on the whim of someone who has been given admin rights on a host for whatever reason will probably just not even bother looking into spring anymore.

For this reason I think spring has some responsibility to say to bot owners, hey either make it clear your autohost is for private use for you and your friends where you can do what you want or make it public where you can run it but within certain reasonable guidelines that has been set. I think you can find bot owners that will be able to find a way to do this without major problems. This could be a discussion for another thread though..

Edit: They are after all advertising their server on the spring lobby.

I have looked for the owner of ACE to talk to and so far I haven't seen him online yet.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

You could also contact him via pm on these forums, memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10026.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Blook wrote: For this reason I think spring has some responsibility to say to bot owners, hey either make it clear your autohost is for private use for you and your friends where you can do what you want or make it public where you can run it but within certain reasonable guidelines that has been set. I think you can find bot owners that will be able to find a way to do this without major problems. This could be a discussion for another thread though..

Edit: They are after all advertising their server on the spring lobby.
You're right basically, but the problem is that the 'spring community' is vaguely defined (it has a similar vague meaning as for instance 'the international community' or 'social media expert'), different people are responsible of different parts. For instance, abma is respobsible for the lobby server and dansan of the spring replay site. But there is no defined 'leader' that can tell people this or that. There are also no guidelines, but maybe these could be created? Feel free to propose an 'etiquette for autohost owners'

I'm myself the owner of the semprini autohost, I think I've managed it for about five years and during this time, I have not banned any single player, and there have been over 4000 games played since the replays site started logging the replays. This is my philosophy of how to manage things, but I'm sure there are many correct ways to manage this. I think it's like a football referee, that the best referee is one that is very invisible, but some referees believe they get respected if they issue a lot of red cards...
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

I dont think that not banning anyone within several years is necessarily a sign for a good administration. Tera host did basically the same and we all know what was going on there :regret:
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

One has to see the positive side of things..
We get paid very well, to keep the trolls in hell..
Blook

Post by Blook »

I'm now getting auto kicked on blackholehost by SLDB when I enter.

I have no idea how SLDB works but I tried to talk to shockwave about it and he said me and knob have very similar ip addresses:

Me: 49.183.***.***

Knob: 49.199.**.***

According to him... this is enough to make SLDB think I am the same person even though our ip are not an exact match it thinks close enough is good enough.

Basically because I have similar numbers in my ip as knob he said it is good enough reason to keep me off the servers because I might behave badly in the future. Even though I have not done anything so far. He didn't exactly win me over with his attitude but this makes more sense now.

I don't know who's responsibility SLDB is but according to shockwave it's telling autohost operators I'm knob.

This is more than I was able to get from [Troll]Mando, and now I'm banned on both major hosts on spring through none of my own actions.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

When I've talked to him, FabriceFABS has been quite pleasant and easy to get along with. Send him a pm and let him know what is happening.

Any yes, possibly you and knob are on the same ISP, in the same (more or less) address block.
Blook

Post by Blook »

I've messaged him just waiting for a response.

I don't know who to contact about SLDB auto kicking me from blackholehost and giving out information that I am knob.

Autohost admins seem more paranoid about what I might do because they think I'm this guy then actually being willing to admit there has been a misunderstanding.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Blook wrote:I'm now getting auto kicked on blackholehost by SLDB when I enter.

I have no idea how SLDB works but I tried to talk to shockwave about it and he said me and knob have very similar ip addresses:

Me: 49.183.***.***

Knob: 49.199.**.***

According to him... this is enough to make SLDB think I am the same person even though our ip are not an exact match it thinks close enough is good enough.

Basically because I have similar numbers in my ip as knob he said it is good enough reason to keep me off the servers because I might behave badly in the future. Even though I have not done anything so far. He didn't exactly win me over with his attitude but this makes more sense now.
No no no. SLDB doesn't make assumptions like that just because of similar IPs, otherwise there would be tons of errors. SLDB thinks the Blook account is used by the same user as knobhead accounts because it has been told so by a SLDB admin, in this case BrainDamage. If you think this is a mistake, I suggest you contact him.
Blook wrote:This is more than I was able to get from [Troll]Mando, and now I'm banned on both major hosts on spring through none of my own actions.
Afaik, currently only the BlackHole hosts use SLDB bans. So if you are banned on other hosts it's because of IP range bans at autohost side, and that has nothing to do with SLDB. For these bans you need to contact the autohost admins directly.
Blook

Post by Blook »

All this bullshit shockwave told me last night was because it was my ip was similar.

Braindamage didn't say anything to me why I was banned he didn't even do it himself he just anonymously ordered a bot to do it and shockwave made out to me it happened automatically.

This is getting on my nerves..

This comes back to auto host admins abuse of power with impunity.

I know this wasn't from anything I've actually done they have no reason to think I am knobhead I can't believe the lengths they went to here.

I've sent messages to both of them and I just want this sorted out already.

Edit: Removed swearing
Last edited by Blook on 17 Aug 2015, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Braindamage hasn't been around for a looong time, so it's an old ban.

Dude, just unplug your modem for 10 minutes and plug it back in and you'll likely get a new outside world IP address.

If that fails, call your isp and ask them to change it.
Blook

Post by Blook »

I get a new ip every morning when I switch my router on, It's my account that's banned Blook (which is also a new account), all this happened last couple of days and I'm sure it'll keep happening until this is resolved.

I'm mostly peeved about been given the run around by the autohost staff when I've tried to be direct about this.

I sent messages out but braindamage's forum account has been inactive for close to a year from what I can work out.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

As I said, it's an old ban. Make a new account on a new IP would be simpler?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

It's not an old ban, it's relatively recent, it's a range ip ban, probably trying to cover a vpn, the range it affects is not big, and one of the two ips posted above is wrong and is not within it. edit: this refers to SLDB.

But, as is said above, this forum is mainly for developers and (for good or bad) only deals with autohost issues in so far as viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28199 and viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10657 are concerned - this can only be sorted out between yourself and the autohosts admins.
Blook

Post by Blook »

It's not a vpn I just get a new ip whenever I turn on my internet.

New ip and account is not the solution they'd ban those on sight as well until this gets solved.

Return to “Ingame Community”