Player badlist - Page 3

Player badlist

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Gillmor_TA

Post by Gillmor_TA »

What someone does in there own server is realy up to them, althow its nice when people are polite and observe good sportsmanship there is no law that says they have to and i think it shold stay that way, making a ban list for people you dont like is going to show people and there worst and sutch behavior is inapropriate in my opinion
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

It's up to them, sure, but that doesn't mean we can't make a list of habitual lamers so we can avoid a disappointing ending when they die at 6 minutes into the game and quit, ruining it for all others involved.

I've actually had games before, as I'm sure many of you have, where one specifically does not ever target the guy who's hosting when he's on the opposite team. We want him to stay for the duration, and we know that a lot of people are lame and will leave when they die, even if it means ending it for the other 7 people playing.
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

Caydr wrote:Eh... forgive my n00bness, but what does shift-d do?
I thought it did D-gun. Now that I've checked the documentation I think I have an idea why I have had trouble making the d-gun work.
Strider

Post by Strider »

See my problem with the generalised statement 'if your hosting and die its your job to hang in there until everyone else is done or else your lame' is- if your not hosting, and you die, you can quit, join another game, and keep having fun. I mean your hosting the game to play a game, not to keep other people entertained.

I have killed games I was hosting after I died, and almost certainly if I died early on and it looked like there was at least another hour in the game (4 players in castles FFA and I fell to an early rush). Fact of the matter is; I'm hosting the game so that I can play the game, not watch other people play the game, and I generally only get one 4 hour timeblock every couple days to play games in, so if I'm killed 15 minutes into my 4 hour timeblock I'm probabally going to kill the server, and either start a new one, or join another game- because I still have 3 hours and 45 minutes to play in and I'm not going to get another chance for a few days (on the other hand if I'm twoards the end of my timeblock I'll definatly let it keep going once I die, cause it's not like I can just join another game since I only have 20 minutes left; but then I've only got 20 mintues left and if it's not over by then, I've got to exit)

Frankly, if you don't like it, host your own damned games. With the .67 release boasting that no router configuration is required to host there is no reason not to- and when your hoasting and get killed 15 minutes into what will turn into a 2 hour three player free for all when you only have another 3 hours to play in we'll see if you close the room.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Strider added to the list.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Owned by Das Bruce.

What we need to do to fix half of these problems, is the ability to change hosts mid game. It might take a bit of weork to implement, but it is definatley possible. I know some games have implemented it, and it only causes the most minor of slowdowns during the changing of hosts.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Strider, it's lame, period. Don't host if you have a tendancy to drop half way through, we don't want to play games in that kind of condition, with your or any other player who does that. "I didn't want to watch a game I wanted to play" is not an excuse. Let another player host then.

I'd never drop a game I hosted. If need be I'd alt tab and chat on IRC for an hour until the game ended.

[edit] What about the host conceding defeat for his team? I've had a couple times where my ally was just a joke and after I got drilled I knew the game was just being prolonged. I wasn't host so I just left, but should the host have the right to say "alright guys, you're just making this boring on purpouse, I'm ending it, you win."?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Strider, go jump in a tub with a toaster. Ass.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

hell strider jump into a public swimming pool, and if thats not punishment enough get a live toaster shoved up ur ass as well.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

Strider I will never play a game you've hosted. Thanks, you just saved me some annoyance :)
Strider

Post by Strider »

Maelstrom: Ability to change host would be excelent, sore loosers aside, I don't think anyone would neglect to change host before leaving.

Swiftspear: Since there should be no lack of games hosted now that .67 dosen't require firewall configurations, I may just do that (That being refraining from hosting alltogether); Thank you for maintaining a rational argument for your position.

hrmph: I don't hide the fact that I do this, and inform everyone in a FFA game right away, so the only time that would have been lost is that spent joining the game; I mostly host team games anyway, so it's not a terribly common scenario (in a team game theoretically the complete anhialation of one team member means the end is near).

Min3Mat, Caydr: 'omg! someone says something I don't agree with, so rather then launching a rational argument I'm going to resort to namecalling' What are you, ten?
Last edited by Strider on 28 Nov 2005, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

its lame. even telling ppl before u do it is lame. not quite as lame as 'using ur observer role to help ur ally' but close. if u r going to die ask ur ally for some untis to keep u in the game.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Strider added to my list...

What a lamer. Join someone elses game. Good god, you don't have to be a moron. That is NOT a requirement of playing spring.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

what am i ten?
no i'm 17
if thats supposed to be what am i then?
right. u r lame. die!. grrr! cheese! and pickle...
Betalord
Former Engine Dev

Post by Betalord »

I have spotted this thread a bit late, but anyway. There'll be no "badlist" or players marked as "retards" etc. It seems this thread has become somehow overbloated, I'm locking it if you don't mind ..

Also note:
1- this thread should go on the lobby section.
2- threads like this are useless, only piles of flames.
3- dont play with noobs, or learn to recognize them/avoid them/tolerate them/teach them.

Return to “Ingame Community”