Player badlist - Page 2

Player badlist

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

ThundershockeD

Post by ThundershockeD »

As I say I'm not electing to ban him just a strike and he does know what he is doing - as I say I have played him before and he has been very competent. However naturally this all depends on judgement so if you dont think its something that would bother you then go ahead and play with him, for those of you it would bother at least you are aware of it.

Naturally we cannot ban someone from playing the game - even if we could or did it would be utterly unreasonable however if we can build up a general awareness of the kinds of things it is impolite to do then that seems to me to be a good idea.

I wouldn't not play with Franky again on the basis of that one occasion, however if this had happened to someone else before with Franky and I dont know about it then he'll be able to do it again and again.
Targ Collective

Post by Targ Collective »

Some sort of document detailing the ettiquette of playing Spring online is needed. Maybe it can be bundled with TASClient when written?
ThundershockeD

Post by ThundershockeD »

Very good idea - trouble is who's going to write it, given that peoples opinions vary widely - not to mention grey areas (such as comm-bombing) its something the community should work on as a whole I feel. Trouble is, start up a discussion about etiquette and it'll turn into a flame war in no time.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Whats rong with com-bombing??

aGorm
ThundershockeD

Post by ThundershockeD »

lol - yeah that's what i mean - thanks gorm
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

I think that rushing, comm-bombing, comm-napping are all legit tactics, so obviously opinions are going to differ.
For the record, I've only comm-napped once and I've never comm-bombed, but I will hold no grudges against people who do because these tactics are easily countered.
mongus

Post by mongus »

1- this thread should go on the lobby section.

2- threads like this are useless, only piles of flames.

3- dont play with noobs, or learn to recognize them/avoid them/tolerate them/teach them.

4- its most likelly he didnt even get close to be a problem to us all, but only screwed you in one game.. not enough for isulting him publicly or ban him or whatever, your behavior napalm is quite more offensive than his.

footnote: i did that once against foe and some others.. forgot i was the host!
ThundershockeD

Post by ThundershockeD »

its most likelly he didnt even get close to be a problem to us all,
How would we know this without a thread like this one?

I for one see a lot of value in it but if you dont then it's your prerogative to ignore it.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

I understand that you guys are frustrated by some people but if they are new...

Spring has some sharp learning curves compared to OTA, even if you read the help file. The camera is one of the hardest things to grasp when you are new.

Other than the complete asshats, don't get real upset if someone doesn't understand the game completely.

It's very frustrating to have your ass handed to you. I consider myself a pretty good AA player, but sometimes people just serve my ass on a warm platter. It happens and it's a bit frustrating, but as a more experienced player it's easy to get over it. When you are new and don't really understand the way this game plays it can cause frustration to come out in cussing etc.

Hell, I won't play with VECHS any more because he's a comm rusher. That's me personal preferance. We just see things differently (and thats the reason most of my games are comm dies game ends now).

Me and Jonos recently left in the middle of a game because of the tactics that I personally think are lame.

Anyway, back to my point... Be tolerant of people to an extent. Everyone here was a noob at one point.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

leaving in a 1v1 is fine i reckon (but i prefer it when ppl self-d first :D craters :D) but in a 2v2 if u leaving u MUST leave ur stuff, even if its only a lone solar, to ur mate.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Hang on Forboding. We're not talking about a guy getting his ass handed to him and quitting. That's understandable. Lame, but understanable. Everyone needs time to learn, during which time they are horrible players. Same for any game.

The asshat in question here was attacked by a single flash, which did virtually no damage to his base. AFTER d-gunning the flash and therefore eliminating any threat, he initiated self-destruct on his commander and then accused Bruce of being a hacker. At length. He did this not having knowledge that the game could be reviewed later - and therefore his intention was to ruin Bruce's reputation. And without this replay, he very well might have. Futhermore, despite his ally standing a fairly decent chance (he had L2 while nobody else did, IIRC), he, being the host, quit the game. This is not, in my opinion, n00bish behavior, this is just being a complete retard. If I were running this show, he'd be banned and I'd spend the rest of my life trying to frame him for credit card fraud so he'd spend some time in jail.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Hell, I know I'm crap, but when I join a game I stick to it because I might learn something (ie, the aceness of massed artillery / rapiers, and how raid effectively). The only reason I'll leave is A: I've been defeated, B: Have to do something in real life (ie: eat dinner) or C: Have to come off the comp because my brother needs to go to work
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I suggest we black list mysweetfernando, he keeps nagging em with love songs and stories of what he'd like to do to me. While he may have an overactive sexdrive, I on th other hadn have seen what he looks like.....
PauloMorfeo

Re: Player badlist

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Sure, a player badlist sounds good, mr «who made Painted Desert is a fucking N00B, it has no compression at all even though i'm just assuming it from the size of the download», «he's portuguese and everyone knows they don't smell good».

It's funny to be a user of the lobby and see how people behave in there and, after, come here to the forums complaint.
Das Bruce wrote:Holey fuck, the nerve of some people, ...
jellyman

Post by jellyman »

maybe the guy who self destructed against one flash tank thought he was pressing shift D and not Ctl D. So he was genuinely surprised when his commander blew up. Of course assuming the other guy is a hacker when you don't really know the game well enough to tell the diff between Ctl D and shift D is pretty rich.

I managed to do a Ctl D on my commander once when I thought I was doing a shift D. It took me a while to figure out what had happened. I also played a FFA where I was attacking a player and the commander blew. He thought I'd killed him and warned the other players that I'd killed him and to watch out for me. Looking at the replay I'm quite sure the commander self destructed and wasn't destroyed, so I guess it was another CTL/Shift D mix up. Maybe a key change for one of those two commands? Except that so many people would be very used to them.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Eh... forgive my n00bness, but what does shift-d do?
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

It enables teh h4x
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Theres this guy thats nicked my name and is passing himself of as me on there called aGorm. I think he's evil and you should kick him from all games.

(NONE OF TEH ABOVE IS TRUE, ITS POINTLESS NONSENCE LIKE THE IDEA OF BANNING PEOPLE AFTER ONE OFFENCE)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I had some guy tell me we shouldn't play a game with franky because he was an ally abandoner... he heard this when he read the file description of the demo hosted on FU. Please, I don't give a crap if you are mad at someone for something they have done, just post the info here, no bad mouthing in FU file descriptions, where people can't counter you if you are being retarded.
BadMan

Post by BadMan »

Well, just to let you all know. n00bs aren't the only ones throwing fits. Some of the best players in all of ota had the most childish and rotten attitudes ever. I could just hand you a bunch of names, but I'm not that mean. Besides, they might have grown up and played under a new name.

HOWEVER, there are the select few who are assholes thru and thru. Those people: YIPPPEEEEEEYAHOOOOOOOO, Shrek, and +service_depot (for any of you who know the Zone) are people who are always an ass hat, always talking trash when they suck, and would go cry to an admin if you said poopoo or owned them.

I have not met anyone on spring with an attitude like that (yet) and I hope I never will. But if I do, you better watch it cuz I got a knack for putting smack talkers in their place...and got banned a few times for doing so haha.

Anyway, back to some of the so called "lame tactics" that people are often crying about in Spring.

Comm-bombing: If you have ever played OTA, you wouldn't be crying and whining about comm bombing in spring, b/c it is no where near as sneaky. Sure it sucks, but so does life. Live with it and learn from it you noob. In ota, you could off-screen your commander so he would never get hurt, or seen on radar or in LOS. THIS was how you go out with a bang in ota, and I was very good at it hehe.

Comm-rushing: Due to many people playing Comm dead = game over on OTA, you didn't see this much unless it was a very small map or a team game where a guy took one for the team. Lose the comm, but win the game. However, since most people on spring play Comm dead = cont...the comm starts to look like a nice bomb once you have a buncha lv 2 units everywhere. Sure it sucks, but learn to kill. And as always...SCOUT! GRAWR. Hosting a game with known lamers and putting comm dead = game over might help them protect their commander. In Spring, if I see a guy comm rushing and I *KNOW* my units won't kill him in time, I just meet him with my comm. Keep my attack force back unit our comms are dead, then go and kill the rest of his stuff. If you are going to lose stuff, try to lose a minimal amount. My whole base + comm...or just the comm? Hmm.....

Comm-napping: Wow, this tactic goes way back. I got napped when I was a nub 4+ years ago, and even well known ota experts get caught with their pants down. Heck, I might get napped later too for all I care.

Anyway, here is a little ota story: One game in particular, on John's Pass (great map btw), a n00b was playing a super duper TA expert. The expert was owning the pants off the nub, but the nub brought an atlas, and comm napped the expert w/o scouting or anything. Needless to say, we laughed at him for a good bit. But yes...its always fun to do, and if you get napped, its your own fault for not paying attention. Sure its lame, but its hella funny :D

One more tip. If someone accuses you of hacking/cheating, and you know you don't. Don't sweat it. In ota on the zone, I have been accused of cheating, hacking, etc, whatever. The nubs will sit and cry in chat blah blah blah he cheated, he hacks whine whine whine cry cry cry. Sure, someone else might even join in. But the TA community as a whole, takes this like a grain of salt. It means crap. Unless you can prove it, it means nothing. People knew me and knew I didn't cheat so we just laughed at the newb till he left. However, always keep an eye out. If something seems fishy in game, watch the replay before you start spouting lies. ALSO make sure others agree with you (ie they watch the demo too and agree) Otherwise, you might harm your rep pretty badly by being seen as a poor loser and threads like this will be started with your name on it.

Oh wellz, there are my thoughts.

PS: Sorry for the long post too. I just seen this way too many times and its like a thorn in the side everytime I see it...gets me riled up! RAWR!

Return to “Ingame Community”