I got unfairly banned from an autohost! What do I do?

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

These threads always pop up from time to time!

Short answer: You will need to contact the owners/admins of the host.

Autohosts are run by other spring users, they are not run by Spring, or Spring moderators

If you complain here, we may be able to point you in the direction of who to talk to about your ban, but you were probably not banned by us here, and as a result we won't be able to unban you either.

We generally do not tell autohost owners what rules they do/don't have to enforce. We do expect that autohosts carrying a botflag "encourage and maintain an environment in which users are able to play games, free from serious disruption and excessively hateful or obscene behavior", but we also recognize that it is not possible to achieve this at all times.

Springs moderators will not normally become involved in disputes between players on the lobbyserver. Excessive and prolonged disruption that is (typically) not confined to an individual host can be reported to Springs moderators, via a forum pm to the moderators group. In such cases we expect to be given/sent access logfiles.

We don't have a problem if you and your friends choose to not play on a certain server, or if you choose to encourage others not to play on a certain server, however, do not take this to mean you have open licence to flame autohost moderators and owners because you feel they have mistreated you. Ultimately, it's perfectly fine for a bad autohost to become unpopular, but it's not ok to insult other spring players or lobby users.

Details about botflags can be found on https://springrts.com/wiki/Botflags.

Thanks.

(Last updated 19/9/17)

Return to “Ingame Community”