Protection against cheaters - Page 2

Protection against cheaters

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Tim-the-maniac

Re: Protection against cheaters

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

Posting about spec cheaters on the forums seems like a pretty good way to combat it (Lion hasn't been back?).
I'm just surprised no-one complained when the thread was locked for no reason.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Why would anybody complain anymore anyway? Complaints about everything have been heard, nothing's changing. Everyone here on the forums is just messing around and not really giving a shit and why would they? Spring's yesterday. :)
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Cheating subverts the game unless cheating is part of the game.

Creating altered executables and spoofing CRC32 bashes is a lot more difficult than making a spectator player.
It also has a much higher potential for causing havoc.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I can win by desync. Its easy, just push a litle butterfly towards the enemy, and after half an hour they are stunned standing around and you can kill them off one by one. ;)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Carpenter wrote:Why would anybody complain anymore anyway? Complaints about everything have been heard, nothing's changing. Everyone here on the forums is just messing around and not really giving a shit and why would they? Spring's yesterday. :)
Actually, complaints are heard and useful. We do act upon many of them, but there is the perception that complaints are ignored because particular complaints or demands are made repeatedly, to excess. See the requests for ELO or ladder or TASC in the installer or in regards to smurfs. I'm glad people complain, because complaints bring up emergent issues so they can be treated.
Tim-the-maniac wrote:Posting about spec cheaters on the forums seems like a pretty good way to combat it (Lion hasn't been back?).
I'm just surprised no-one complained when the thread was locked for no reason.
I don't know why the thread was locked, but social tools are often the best ways to manage these sorts of things.
albator

Post by albator »

Neddie wrote:
Carpenter wrote:Why would anybody complain anymore anyway? Complaints about everything have been heard, nothing's changing. Everyone here on the forums is just messing around and not really giving a shit and why would they? Spring's yesterday. :)
Actually, complaints are heard and useful.
Really ?

Any actions have been taken against lion or is he still an admin ?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

He was a moderator and I don't know. We would have to talk with him about the situation in person and I haven't caught him online yet.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Neddie wrote:He was a moderator and I don't know. We would have to talk with him about the situation in person and I haven't caught him online yet.
:
Reporter: Will Britain be declaring war on Nazi Germany for their attrocities?
Churchill: We heard Hitler was massacring the jews and running rampant over Poland, but we would have to talk to him first and ask him about things first, and we just haven't been able to get a hold of him, the secretary at the SS bunker says he's out for lunch
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

lol. perhaps a tad overdramatic
albator

Post by albator »

Neddie wrote:He was a moderator and I don't know. We would have to talk with him about the situation in person and I haven't caught him online yet.
And what do yo expect to head from him ?
He denied when he was told he cheat then he raged and never came back.

Not doing anything is what actually bring exasperation to poeple and show that anywone can cheat without any consequences
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

I find it interesting that you are portraying lion in such a light without posting *some* proof. Please post a replay or something that you feel validates your conclusions, because without it your words come off as a personal attack.
albator

Post by albator »

BaNa wrote:I find it interesting that you are portraying lion in such a light without posting *some* proof. Please post a replay or something that you feel validates your conclusions, because without it your words come off as a personal attack.
There was a post with some proofs. It has been locked. I would like to know why an admin locked that post btw ? It is cause it was an admin involved ?
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

This has gone long enough, lets use the silencer.

You know that spring is open Source. It may come a suprise to you, but anyone, means anyone, can take it, and write additions for it. So if you grab a C++ Tutorial, and draw some plans, and ask some devs, you can write something to prevent cheating. A widget to put specs before important attacks into matrix-mode for about 3 mins, or ... whatever. You are free, no longer slaves to the company, this aint EA, were your time can be spent in endless rant. This is spring time, so grow into it.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

The problem is more than Spring is free for cheaters to grab the source and implement their cheats.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

albator wrote:He denied when he was told he cheat then he raged and never came back.
Suspected cheater ousted by community!
albator wrote:Not doing anything is what actually bring exasperation to poeple and show that anywone can cheat without any consequences
Eh? I thought he was ousted? If he's not here, further action seems moot.

If he comes back mods can talk with him and take action if necessary. He is/was a mod so presumably they can have an adult conversation without a drama surge (this ability being a job requirement).
[KO1]Makita

Post by [KO1]Makita »

Spec cheating is a valid strategy.
Not my fault you don't have any friends to spec cheat with.
smoth

Post by smoth »

[KO1]Makita wrote:Spec cheating is so embarrassing
Spaghetti fell out my pockets
I came and started farting
wut?
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

[KO1]Makita wrote:Spec cheating is a valid strategy.
Not my fault you don't have any friends to spec cheat with.
Neither had Lion actually, just 2 computers with different ips iirc
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

2nd computer counts as friend
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

PicassoCT wrote:2nd computer counts as friend

Return to “Ingame Community”