I came, I saw, I left - Page 5

I came, I saw, I left

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

TradeMark

Re: I came, I saw, I left

Post by TradeMark »

Hobo Joe wrote:The solution remains to cap autohosts at 5v5 and only allow private hosts to run 8v8. You can effectively kill the problem without actually removing the ability to play 8v8 from the community.
omfg epic idea.

Buy the "game" (lobby account) and be able to play 8v8 ! :shock: i suggest 4v4 max without buying.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

'private' meaning something you host on your own computer

wording fail.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

doesnt matter, read my idea then, its epic.
flop

Post by flop »

removing 10 player cap ruined spring
Gota

Post by Gota »

flop wrote:removing 10 player cap ruined spring
Chaching...
I couldn't agree more.
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

Removing 16 player cap ruined ruined spring.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

flop wrote:removing 10 player cap ruined BA
Fixed :-)
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

The Mass ruined BA
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Haahahahahaha I got a mention! :D

Come on ive only asked for a player's com in 1 game in the last year. I was 1v2 and he had set his com on a walk backwards and forwards command between his base and this mex for 10mins. I didnt ask him for a free com, i offered him metal for it and said "name a price i can pay for your com, its not doing anything".

But sure go ahead and misconstrue the situation! :)

Edit: And it's not "OMGWTF" its "omg are you doing". Its a simple phrase that is neither offensive nor condescending. It simply highlights the problem with the enemy's tactics and 99% of the time they take the message and improve their gameplay.

You get the odd 1% of people, you for example, who take that as a personal affront, as if a free internet rts game has a huge bearing upon your life.

You really have done a fantastic job of misquoting me and misrepresenting my actions! :)
NeOmega

Post by NeOmega »

Sucky_Lord wrote:Haahahahahaha I got a mention! :D

Come on ive only asked for a player's com in 1 game in the last year. I was 1v2 and he had set his com on a walk backwards and forwards command between his base and this mex for 10mins. I didnt ask him for a free com, i offered him metal for it and said "name a price i can pay for your com, its not doing anything".

But sure go ahead and misconstrue the situation! :)

You really have done a fantastic job of misquoting me and misrepresenting my actions! :)
The player I observed you demanding a commander from was me, and you did not offer 500m. It was a game on Altored divide, you were your hot pink color, and our team was south. After marking the map repeatedly, telling me what to build, where, asking me wtf I was doing, to put my commander up front, heal, build a bunch of porc, yadda yadda yadda, you said, "give me your commander, I'll do better with it"

I then gave you everything I had and quit, to which you said "yes!!". You then roundly got your ass handed to you by the other side, didn't tech at all, even after 10 minutes of having two fully fucntional bases and commanders, and complained about how you couldn't do everything yourself to your teammates.

But... to quote you, "lots of people hate me"
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

did u notice his nick omega ? ;)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I think people forget how much they looked down upon five on five matches when the cap was set at ten, though there is something to be said in regards to eight against eight - the maps in general rotation just aren't large enough for it to be reasonable. I think BA can scale given maps designed well for that team size, but few if any have been produced thus far.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

i like your plan TM.
KriegEm

Post by KriegEm »

NeOmega wrote: 5. Good players spec-ing/kicking/banning newbs, and getting the votes to do so, on servers that say "newbies welcome" because the newbies aren't good players.

bunch of assholes. there is no recourse for this, and the assholes keep being assholes, day in, day out. Ruining the hard work put into the project. Newbs come and go. It's really just not a fun experience. The game is fun, most of the players are nice, but there are just way too many assholes. Way too many, and way too many people who only care about winning, or people afraid to call out/ban asshole players because they know them, or have played with them before, or because the asshole is just being a prick to some nameless newb that nobody gives a fuck about, because, you know, winning is everything. Eventually, if you have a memory like mine, you can't play without ending up on some prick's team, who wants you to try harder to win for them. As if.

You all win, I'm out. Enjoy playing with an ever dwindling number of players. So much effort going into a project with less and less people around to enjoy it. It's a real shame, but I'll certainly not be contributing.
Ha ha!

I was just on a game with NeOmega where some 'pro' guy didn't help when I asked (one little constructor was all I needed), after I gave him a t2 earlier, and then went reclaiming my base. Of course, rather than stop and sort out the asshole, I'm the one who gets banned. This is on the "TrainingCamp (Newbies welcome)" server, too.

So I came to the forums looking to see if there's some sort of moderation system, a better server that actually enforces a no-asshole rule or a decent clan to play with. And I find... NeOmega whining about assholes and how they're banning people with their mates.

Yay Irony.
Andrej

Post by Andrej »

There might be a perfectly sensible explanation for this phenomenon.
For example if the barrier between this world and the netherworld weakened during a millennial event, and they really are half-ghosts came to collect the Spring essence by draining it from the weak and helpless newbies.

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Don't necro threads unless you have a good reason.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Masure wrote:So you agree this is people related. So please don't let those "yeah don't play BA, play XX where people are nice". This is untrue and misleading.

Ingame/forum account link and tougher moderation for bad behaviour is the key. People act like shit cause

1) they're assholes
2) they don't get blamed for it
I have to say that we don't have that problem in xta. Sure, I'm not a newbie and know the people who play the mod, but I would say people are generally respectful of newbies. As much as you can expect on the Internet anyway.

What sometimes causes the thing you call 'banter', is difference in culture and style of expression, and with a text only interface you sometimes don't get the intention through. For instance, at one time we had an inofficial rule that if someone thought a human host was an autohost, we would kick that player from the battleroom. But that was only an internal joke and not meant to offend. I think we didn't apply it to newbies either.

By the way, civfanatics is a great site. I was member there many years before I started playing Spring.
KriegEm

Post by KriegEm »

Jools wrote: I have to say that we don't have that problem in xta.
Chance of me getting an XTA game at Australian prime time is approximately zero though. There is the occassional Zero-K game, but not frequently enough that I'm actually any good at it.

Given the responses so far I don't think that many players actually care, which is a shame. Short of starting up my own host and hacking SPADS so that you have to register with an email address or something, there's not much that's going to happen.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

KriegEm wrote:
Jools wrote: I have to say that we don't have that problem in xta.
Chance of me getting an XTA game at Australian prime time is approximately zero though.
So you're saying that the trolls/criminals are all australian? I thought that was a thing of the past :wink:

Seriously, the small size of the XTA community probably is a part of the solution, because you wont yell at people you know. On the other hand, the time between games can be quite long, so new people might just be bored with the talk.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

The idea of a league of gentleman has something though.. shame none of the devs is working on that "Rant to Code" Compiler.

Return to “Ingame Community”