I came, I saw, I left - Page 2

I came, I saw, I left

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Masure

Re: I came, I saw, I left

Post by Masure »

SirArtturi wrote:
Masure wrote:So you agree this is people related. So please don't let those "yeah don't play BA, play XX where people are nice". This is untrue and misleading.

Ingame/forum account link and tougher moderation for bad behaviour is the key. People act like shit cause

1) they're assholes
2) they don't get blamed for it
Ofc its people related, no doubt. Some mods are just not yet infected by those assholes...
And what ? Is "Go play the mod which is not infected and let the most played mod infected by tards" the right answer ? Nobody should agree.

No mods should be spoiled by people bad behaviour. And this is moderation fault.

IRL, when somebody acts badly and get caught, he goes to jail. I never heard "Hey this guy burns your house, go live in Finland". This is madness.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Masure wrote: No mods should be spoiled by people bad behaviour. And this is moderation fault.
OLD

enough to remind knobs and sheeps situation when they just said sorry (like 4289208th time) and got unbanned. same, why tired is still not banned. and... or nvm
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Masure wrote: And what ? Is "Go play the mod which is not infected and let the most played mod infected by tards" the right answer ? Nobody should agree.

No mods should be spoiled by people bad behaviour. And this is moderation fault.

IRL, when somebody acts badly and get caught, he goes to jail. I never heard "Hey this guy burns your house, go live in Finland". This is madness.
Obviously one of my intentions was to raise modwars. If people are so miserable with the BA why not suggest them other alternatives?

And im not saying its the "right" answer - If any rights or wrong in this matter can be stated whatsoever. Im just suggesting one solution.

Also, your argument with real-life analogy dont work very well. That's because IRL, you also flee from country to other if theres a bad guys oppressing you in your own.

But ok, Dont want to tease you. I get your point and agree with it to some extent. However, we are small community and every banned player is too much. Moderation is tough business.
Last edited by SirArtturi on 15 Dec 2010, 14:49, edited 3 times in total.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

In the busy subway of a huge capital city, people crush each other foot, never share a smile or a kind word.
Two trekkers who meet in the middle of a desert greet each other warmly, share food, etc...
Same individuals, different context.

So the less people the more friendly they are.
The crowdest, the worst they behave.

It's not about the people. It's about the people concentration.
Masure

Post by Masure »

SirArtturi wrote:
Masure wrote: And what ? Is "Go play the mod which is not infected and let the most played mod infected by tards" the right answer ? Nobody should agree.

Obviously one of my intentions was to raise modwars. If people are so miserable with the BA why not suggest them other alternatives?

And im not saying its the "right" answer - If any rights or wrong in this matter can be stated whatsoever. Im just suggesting one solution.

Also, your argument with real-life analogy dont work very well. That's because IRL, you also flee from country to other if theres a bad guys oppressing you in your own.

But ok, Dont want to tease you. I get your point and agree with it to some extent. However, we are small community and every banned player is too much. Moderation is tough business.
Sorry if I was too extensive, that wasn't my point as start.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

It is related to the mod:
  • The commander status as a free nuke is related to the mod mechanic. It is easy for instance to forbid the commanders to be tranported by the atlas of other teams, and you'd have to be highly pedantic to pretend it would change the gameplay. That this trivial fix hasn't been implemented in BA despite numerous thread on the subject shows a delibarate intent to let newbs be abused.

Read back the first post: Half of the abuse NeOmega listed is plainly not possible in games where you don't start with a mobile nuke.
  • BA long history, conservative changelogs, and sprawnling unit count, makes it a mod where experience matters, contributing to the feeling that newb are useless. But in a mod like Kernel Panic where everything can be learnt in 5 minutes, not so much!
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

So true zwzsg.

Nice little modwars came outta this thread which author obviously took off and left, probably to nice happy land of civilization III where one dictator rules 5000 thousand years :)

People should grow up, that's the right answer.
knorke

Post by knorke »

tl;dr
avoid the large BA games on DSD, FalsomDam, Tabula and the like.
In 1v1,2v2,3v3 I hardly ever see so much drama.

It is a bit like joining a public counterstrike server, there will always be some asshead who teamkills everybody at the start of the round or spams flashbangs on his own team and whatnot.
You guys think the problem is mod related ?

edit : look viewtopic.php?p=462688#p462688

XTA and same shit
That is different. I think none of these people would react/chat to a newb like in this thread.
But in a mod like Kernel Panic
If KP would become the new BA-DSD, I am sure people would come up with ways to troll that too. ie block in their teammates sockets with walls or teamkill with the pointer-fire-thing or this nuke thing. But the trolls want a big audience and 8vs8 BA has it.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

But if I saw that happening, I would change Kernel Panic to disable friendly fire by default.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

I came, I saw, I left
Dudes stop blabla, he left already.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

This is intrinsic to a TA-style RTS. Your teammates are consuming resources that you could use more efficiently, and their corpses provide fuel for the enemy's ovens. It's not as bad as DOTA-style games, but still, a bad teammate is a *huge* problem for your team.

Because of that, teamplayers rage when they've got a weak teammate. And we don't have a large enough community to segregate players by skill well.

*A games don't work well as FFA-games either - the time-investment is longer for even less payoff, since usually FFA games don't involve lengthy, heroic campaigns but rather one player building up a large enough force to eat the weakest player, and then the other players fall like dominoes.... and for the newb, because of the fog-of-war, all this action is happening off-camera.

BA especially is unforgiving as a TA-mod, because it has faster (and yet unresponsive) units and more fragile structures... and it involves a lot of counterintuitive stunts like self-destructing your commander to harvest the metal. For hardcore players, this stuff is gravy. For newbs, it's a nightmare.

And other games barely exist as an online community.
albator

Post by albator »

Another useless thread.

Yesterday we had a nice 1v1 player tourney with 16 player and much more spec. Small game and duel are played every evening. You just all waste your time complaining here. There are no problem with BA. If 90% of player play it that it for a reason same reason i play it (when I play CA XTA or SA, i jsut miss BA gameplay)

Just play what you like and noob players eventually come to play small game or real 8v8 map with you.
Just "waste" your time explaining them ingame rather than posting here
babbles

Post by babbles »

NeOmega wrote:TA is the best RTS, I've played, and spring made it look pretty good.
That was the reason I mentioned xta/sa/nota, and it's not a mod problem directly, but it is indirectly. as zwsg said, it's the concentration. Yeah it's more BA DSD than specicifically BA, but the problem arises from the ethos in those BA DSD games and the playerbase of them

and that XTA thread, I wouldn't tell a newb to stop playing his air guitar (reference to one of IK's facebook statuses) and stop trolling. I only said it because IK knows I <3 him. Using casual "banter" between XTA players to each other as hard evidence that we treat newbs like crap is pretty flimsy stuff to be honest, and I'm suprised you used it. All I see in that thread is some XTA players, a BA player and an SA player.

but yeah, it is mod related, as BA has the biggest potential, being the largest mod, to house people like this. also it'll nearly always be the first and possibly only mod played by newbs. and as they'll play 8v8 they won't have a good player to give them help on an indivudual level as, most likely, the "good" player will be fighting, start losing, then see his ally learning how to play and be annoyed due to the course of the battle.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

albator wrote: Another useless thread.

Yesterday we had a nice 1v1 player tourney with 16 player and much more spec.
The problem is that at some point the whole spring community will consist of 16 players. But sure, no problem, its still enough for a some nice 1vs1... so what?
knorke

Post by knorke »

triton wrote:
I came, I saw, I left
Dudes stop blabla, he left already.
Everybody would starts these stupid threads should be forced to read through all of it. :shock:
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Regardless of whether or not the quality of the players has anything to do with the merits of the game itself, recommending that someone play something other then BA after a bad spring experience is solid advice.

Non-BA games aren't really that difficult to come by either, I reached vet on an account with almost no BA playtime.
scifi

Post by scifi »

well, only issue here is autohost moderation

zwsg is rigth, but removing com isnt an option, or altering gameplay.

all these peoples talking about 1v1 and diferent mod are wrong, you cant force people to play something, they must choose for themselves.

as i said each and every bot owner must at least control theyr host.
Im not saying they should go in there 24 hours a day, but at least when theyr on they should moderate it, and see its status.

One of the solutions is not getting moderators and engine devs to do it.
Its just get a couple good people nomeate like 4 from all spring comunity with basic kick commands in every autohost that regulary play and thats it.
:wink:

Albator beherit triton so on...... people that dont actualy drama to mutch in lobby and just want to play thats it
Senna

Post by Senna »

Wombat wrote: and tbh, tech annihilation (someone change this name, TA is misleading) got far less trolls, actually i havent seen any :c

Of course, We hate trolls, what we want its make a new mod be played in all the maps, u hardly see more than 3 games in same map, well we just want play for good :wink:
keijj0

Post by keijj0 »

Wombat wrote:
Masure wrote: No mods should be spoiled by people bad behaviour. And this is moderation fault.
OLD

enough to remind knobs and sheeps situation when they just said sorry (like 4289208th time) and got unbanned. same, why tired is still not banned. and... or nvm
actually i want sheep to stay, cos hes not so stupid anymore, and the more good players the better.
but KNOB. fuck him, ip ban or something. or better yet someone find him in australia and punch him right in the face
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Play S44, noone is able to grow an ego as Godde keeps everyone downtrodden. 8)

Return to “Ingame Community”