A Tournament! - Page 6

A Tournament!

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Is a tournament a good idea?

Poll ended at 09 Oct 2005, 23:16

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 23

EnlightenedOne

Lets go

Post by EnlightenedOne »

Ok i will upload the games to FU

Tournament.RoundOne.Min3Mat.Beats.Gpox replay

something like that should work.

USE THE LINK BELOW TO FIND YOUR TIME ZONE.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

ok everybody find your happy little place and compare it to Londons time and then work out when the match will start in your time zone. To get into your battles you will need initiative! (dont blame me blame my previous plan sucking!)

RED GROUP STARTS!

Gpox vs Min3Mat . Host = Gpox
Date = 12th Nov 2005 Saturday * Unconfirmed
Time = 8Pm (GMT) (London Time)

Project 25.0.1 vs FolCan . Host = Folcan
Date = 12th Nov 2005 Saturday * Unconfirmed

DeadRabit vs SwiftSpear . Host = SwiftSpear
Date = 13th Nov 2005 Sunday * Unconfirmed

FireCrack vs DaveTheBrave . Host = DaveTheBrave
Date 13th Nov 2005 Sunday * Unconfirmed

Everyone relevant will be emailed the link and their battle times to alter just send a time you can work with prefrably during the weekend set and if not whenever you can. Dont worry im not going to have 4 matches per weekend thats stupidly slow im just posting these ones first.
You will find out the maps you will be playing on later.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

wtf? u set times? screw that man!
Gpox mail me with times and dates u can do it and we'll see if we can find a time. That one should be fine with me, don't know about u, as i said if u can't just mail me (min3mat@hotmail.com)
EnlightenedOne

Alrighty

Post by EnlightenedOne »

your more than welcome to do that min 3 mat infact the idea is you change the date to suit you if you cant do it. Just keep me updated on when you guys choose to do it yeah?
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

ah good. so u plan on spectating all the matches personally? O,o or u just want to know?
when uploading to FU use my way (been doing it a while so FU ppl know it)
0.65b2XTAM3vsGpox
comments in game script like thingey
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

ohmygohdomygohdomygod!

It's starting! O.o

I must train! Hook the internet up into my VEINS!!!
EnlightenedOne

d

Post by EnlightenedOne »

I like to know otherwise you wont know what map you are playing, if i cant be there in person to watch it then ill check out your replay. If i cant be around for the hosting i will throw you the map before it starts.
Dead.Rabit

Post by Dead.Rabit »

PauloMorfeo

Re: Lets go

Post by PauloMorfeo »

EnlightenedOne wrote:Ok i will upload the games to FU
You won't have the replay to upload unless you spectate every single game.
And i think there shouldn't be any spectators. In this case, not even the organizer since he (you) is also a participant in the tournament (not that i'm implying that you would help anyone). I propose that the winner be the one responsible for uploading it (better than my previous proposal of the host because it is in the winner's best interest).

I also must disagree with the fact (so it seems) that some people will be playing one map while others another map. Still, i will go along with it.

Finally, i'll just warn that i'm having a serious problem with running Spring... Let's see if it gets fixed by then.
ThundershockeD

Post by ThundershockeD »

Sign me up!

ThundershockeD
CometCatcher
Unable to host
ContactviaEmail: faceysam at hotmail dot com
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

ThundershockeD wrote:Sign me up!

ThundershockeD
CometCatcher
Unable to host
ContactviaEmail: faceysam at hotmail dot com
We've already run through the first bracket matches... The cut off date was like a month and a half ago IIRC...
diggz2k

Post by diggz2k »

What happenend to the tournament, I was interested in seeing them all playout. EO are you alive?
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

I don't know about him but i know that the tournament is dead (zombie if you're optimistic).

What failed was mostly organization, i think. EO had somewhat everything dependant on him and, when he failed, the whole tournament crumbled. Like the time and day of all matches going through him. And things like, in the first round, there was only meant to be 4 games, the ones from the red section... Why not all of the 1st round ones?

Maybe i'll make a few quick tournaments myselft like one i did once. (when i forget that i'm trying to cut down on Spring)

Basically decide a map and set of rules. Then, in the #main chat, ask for 2 other persons, making a total of 3. Then, play 2v1 matches rotating the lonely player. The one who holds the longest against the 2 (or the one who manages to win the 2 faster) wins the mini tournament.

Return to “Ingame Community”