The Curious Case of DSDHosts. - Page 7

The Curious Case of DSDHosts.

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Hackfresser

Re: The Curious Case of DSDHosts.

Post by Hackfresser »

maybe make more maps that are like dsd, ie very linear, kinda congested, with very little m to fight over and crystal-clear, narrow frontlines
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Rather dsd is the weird map, than the other way around. Long attack distance, but very narrow, borderline useless wind, mexes capped fast & easily, very hard to harass the back plateau, it means many people don't just know how to play a more "normal" map like Nuke winetr for example even if it is 8v8.

Seriously who makes a 20x10 map :D
muckl

Post by muckl »

there are many 20x10 maps

i should bring back the "speedmetal only" host..
keijj0

Post by keijj0 »

like i said before, dsd procudes noobs + old "pros" quit -> i get less good games cos there is not enough good players
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Lampe wrote:I just wonder: if there *were* so many dsd haters, it should be rather easy to form up a game without DSD - but you always claim to have no alternatives... makes me wonder: do the dsd haters really increase in numbers that much?

Besides, that moaning about DSDHOSTSMUSTDIEOMGWTF is just a consequence of frustration - as is the DSD host itself. As Zinn pointed out already, the dsd only hosting is made for people that WANT dsd. I remember the TERA Autohost well enough, got filled when dsd was set, got emptied when the map was changed (omg i only want to gather player numbers!!! ye .. get a grip). Makes me wonder again: how comes?

DSD only hosts are not the cause, they are the consequence. Banning them won't help anyone, or anything.

oh, and a side note: there still is of course a load of other hosts hosting other maps - usually empty ... the main problem is the general lack of players, as it has been pointed out often enough.
Ty for not understanding the essence of this thread. The process that takes place due to DSD only hosts has been explained properly so don't come back arguing pages later that there is no problem. The same for Carrepairer btw. Just that you don't understand what has been said doesn't make it false (But I must admit that many posts in this thread are not contributing to make the problematic nature of dsd (or any other map for that matter) only hosts understandable).
muckl

Post by muckl »

is there a problematic, that people like maps and dislike maps?
&
is there a problematic, that the spring community is not really big?
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

keijj0 wrote:like i said before, dsd procudes noobs + old "pros" quit -> i get less good games cos there is not enough good players
Problem explained.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

Carpenter wrote:
keijj0 wrote:like i said before, dsd procudes noobs + old "pros" quit -> i get less good games cos there is not enough good players
Problem explained.
+1

I have some split feeling about the DSD only hosts... on one side, the community players should be allowed to only play DSD if that's what they want, but on the other side... it tends to suck up all the other players which would just as well play any other map, but don't wanna sit alone and wait for 20-60min for other players to join... (at least that's usually my reason for playing DSD...)
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

I recently realised the real problem. After 2 games of DSD, I was with about 4 other people who wanted to play another map, but suddenly we realised we couldn't because the host only had DSD, and people just aren't prepared to give up a spot in a game they've waited 10-20 mins for in order to join a new game and wait a further 30mins for it to fill up.
keijj0

Post by keijj0 »

now we have just to wait, that othes will realize the problem too
MiNiMi

Post by MiNiMi »

Carpenter win 50% :lol: (with Developer Lobby)

Let us be NOOBS!
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Im totally with you now, is there nothing we can do to have them taken down?
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

No we can't since nobody is interested, therefore for me Spring = Dead because Spring = BA and BA = DSD. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a little break (like couple of months) and then come back to see what the situation is.

But anyway, congratulations LoET for making spring unbearable, not for nubs, but for old, actual good players. :) Have fun killing it more. :>
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

strong words coming from someone who play dsd and tab v2 only lol. and its not tera's fault, ppl just want to play dsd and u have to live with that. and plz stop saying that its impossible to play anything else. funny i somehow played maps like dead reef dry, smoths maps and frozenfortress by kaiser recently, but dsd usually once per 2/3 days.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Yeah you can play these maps maybe once in a day or less, ofc exceptions exsist. Also I have played 2 dsd games within 1 week or something, so your secret intimation kinda fails here :) and I don't play dsd because I want to play it, I play it because there's mostly nothing else and because spring is a good game and because BA is a good mod -> I'm kinda forced to play it.
albator

Post by albator »

Carpenter wrote:No we can't since nobody is interested, therefore for me Spring = Dead because Spring = BA and BA = DSD. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a little break (like couple of months) and then come back to see what the situation is.

But anyway, congratulations LoET for making spring unbearable, not for nubs, but for old, actual good players. :) Have fun killing it more. :>
just play DSD CCR style. :p
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

gj at denying and then confirming what i said lol.

u are not forced to do anything in spring, just join other host and wait, let ppl play what they want and end pointless baw baw about dsd. it wont be ever removed, banned or anything else.
scifi

Post by scifi »

Carpenter wrote:No we can't since nobody is interested, therefore for me Spring = Dead because Spring = BA and BA = DSD. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a little break (like couple of months) and then come back to see what the situation is.

thats what i did carp i left, now i comed back.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Wombat wrote:gj at denying and then confirming what i said lol.

u are not forced to do anything in spring, just join other host and wait, let ppl play what they want and end pointless baw baw about dsd. it wont be ever removed, banned or anything else.
Yeah it will not be and i'm not asking for ban really or anything else, problem is what the topic suggests. And jesus, you seem to have hard time understanding that i didn't exactly mean that i play it all the time, i just said that when i play it, i play it because there's nothing else available which again is getting boring, esp 8v8.

@Scifi

Yeah you surely did, you just came back at the wrong moment. :D
scifi

Post by scifi »

Carpenter wrote:
Wombat wrote:gj at denying and then confirming what i said lol.

Yeah it will not be and i'm not asking for ban really or anything else, problem is what the topic suggests. And jesus, you seem to have hard time understanding that i didn't exactly mean that i play it all the time, i just said that when i play it, i play it because there's nothing else available which again is getting boring, esp 8v8.

@Scifi

Yeah you surely did, you just came back at the wrong moment. :D
heh you know, im bad with timings

Return to “Ingame Community”