Definition of a "pro" player. - Page 4

Definition of a "pro" player.

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

JohannesH

Re: Definition of a "pro" player.

Post by JohannesH »

But who can rush nuke best
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

pro doesnt means to be best at everything... in all team games people have different roles and different skillz.. its so obvious.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

I propose speedmetal with a 30 minute grace period as the metric for determining which player is best.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

triton wrote:pro doesnt means to be best at everything... in all team games people have different roles and different skillz.. its so obvious.
It's so obvious in fact it's not even relevant. We're discussing (Well we tried) what the definition of a "Pro Player" is. Rattling off all the players you think are good isn't anything to do with that. Therefore I propose this thread officially derailed!

<3 Peet.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Now it seems like I brought a new word to spring as some ppl said, pro. It replaced word "bro" in my vocabulary. The goal of the thread is finally reached, thanks fellow pros.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Now i will never use it again.
XD
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Gota wrote:Now i will never use it again.
XD
I doubt that. ;)
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Carpenter wrote:
Gota wrote:Now i will never use it again.
XD
I doubt that. ;)
<3 your avatar <3
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

JAZCASH wrote: <3 your avatar <3
I knew you would love it.
Argh

Post by Argh »

That avatar is cute... yet creepy :twisted:
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

d_b wrote:s44 is not a real game, you need a magnifying glass. Silly neddie.

If you beat me with pre alpha version of ants ur pro. Which is impossible.
Learn to zoom.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Here comes a good example how pro players beat nubs.
http://replays.adune.nl/?1987

First, bombastic is far away from pro level. The second thing is, HOW CAN MY 2 FAV PLAYERS OF SPRING LOSE THEIR COMMANDERS IN THE MIDDLE SO EASILY!?

Sorry for caps.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

anyone who believed spring 1v1 skill is anywhere similar to team game skill has just got trolled.

you could be the best 1v1 player and be shit at team game.

Of course im the best of both worlds, so you guys better stfu and get in line before i spam scouts then flash the stumpies then win the whole game. Fuck the other 200 units the mod has.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

The second thing is, HOW CAN MY 2 FAV PLAYERS OF SPRING LOSE THEIR COMMANDERS IN THE MIDDLE SO EASILY!?
I am one of you're two favorite players of spring? nice :D

Yep we failed on that game, one of our greatest fail ^^, but its not so strange, sometimes when u play with good players you can be too confident and think : i can suck my allys will own them for me. I sometimes lose 1vs1 to nubs too, but who cares? ;)

In last tourney kixu and bomba lost 1vs1 versus bybyk (bybyk sometimes make good raid but he's far weaker than bomba and kixu)

shit happens ^^
Gota

Post by Gota »

Hmm if bybyk won maybe your assessment of his skill is just wrong?
could it be that it is you who is wrong as oppose to people by accident failing to fall in their assigned,by you,positions?
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

lol i cant understand you're sentence basic, anyway i really think that kixu and bomba are FAR better than bybyk.

I like some things in bybyk playstyle thats whiy i offered him to join pink clan for training few month ago, but pinks rejected him cause he was ALWAYS starting air and making banshee, then MARS asked him to join them, they kicked him from their clan after few days, cause he was trying too much dumb move with air, after this I dont know but i think he's in spaceinvaders now.

He's a cool guy and sometimes he plays well, but he's far from being into "PRO" (best) players of spring.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

"What's with the haters? :cry: "
albator

Post by albator »

Carpenter wrote:Hmmh, yeah well true, 1on1 is the only way actually to compare players but it still doesnt make you "pro". I've seen a lot of players that have done well in 1on1 but not so well in team games. Good example is [MARS]AlbAtoR. He is imo one of the best team players in spring, but not that notable at 1on1. So basically if he was good at 1on1, he could be awesome.

So Spring needs a lot more those all around players who can find out some sort of solution in every situation during the game, I mean normally some newbie would just try to porc or give up, but players who can and will find out something unpredictable are the supermen next to god.
I accept the challenge ^^ I will play 1vs1 now

triton wrote:lol i cant understand you're sentence basic, anyway i really think that kixu and bomba are FAR better than bybyk.

I like some things in bybyk playstyle thats whiy i offered him to join pink clan for training few month ago, but pinks rejected him cause he was ALWAYS starting air and making banshee, then MARS asked him to join them, they kicked him from their clan after few days, cause he was trying too much dumb move with air, after this I dont know but i think he's in spaceinvaders now.

He's a cool guy and sometimes he plays well, but he's far from being into "PRO" (best) players of spring.

Not totally true. We kicked him because he did not wanted to use TS. We were thinking he could be good if he was listening advices we could provide him. But he was never able (or never wanted to ?) connect to the team speak. And since - according us ofc - his playing still was not solid enough on some basic point (eco optimisation, bp managment,...) we decided to kick him cause it seems he will never be able to progress fast enough withoiut TS.

About the topic. This topic looks like "old wise men" fighting to know if they are going to add a new word into the dictionnary. I dont think a lot of players care of that matter ^^

Do you think a glass of 1 liter filled with 0.5 Liter is :
-1 half empy ?
-2 half full ?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

albator wrote: Do you think a glass of 1 liter filled with 0.5 Liter is :
-1 half empy ?
-2 half full ?
Can't it be both?
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

albator wrote:
Carpenter wrote:Hmmh, yeah well true, 1on1 is the only way actually to compare players but it still doesnt make you "pro". I've seen a lot of players that have done well in 1on1 but not so well in team games. Good example is [MARS]AlbAtoR. He is imo one of the best team players in spring, but not that notable at 1on1. So basically if he was good at 1on1, he could be awesome.

So Spring needs a lot more those all around players who can find out some sort of solution in every situation during the game, I mean normally some newbie would just try to porc or give up, but players who can and will find out something unpredictable are the supermen next to god.
I accept the challenge ^^ I will play 1vs1 now
Anytime!
About the topic. This topic looks like "old wise men" fighting to know if they are going to add a new word into the dictionnary. I dont think a lot of players care of that matter ^^
We all do care about it. ;)

Return to “Ingame Community”