Griefer ingame - mods do something please - Page 2

Griefer ingame - mods do something please

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Caydr
Omnidouche

Re: Griefer ingame - mods do something please

Post by Caydr »

zwzsg wrote:It's distressing that a problem that would be so easy to fix mod side and about which people have been complaining for over ten years hasn't been addressed yet.

Or does the BA crowd considered this a valid tactic, and that noob just have to suffer it for being noob?
I trust this is on the topic of commbombing.

As some of you may already know, I am a diabolical super-genius. When I designed AA, I put this sorting algorithm in place: if someone is so tard that they let themselves get commnapped or commbombed more than once - something easy to avoid and crippling for the enemy - they are not worthy of my game. They're undesirable folk, like women and lepers. So they will get frustrated, and play other mods instead, which means that when I go online I will only face true warriors worthy of my gleaming brilliance.

I'm not done, I'm actually smarter than that even: these useless individuals will only give unhelpful feedback to the other mods, further asserting my timeless and magnificent domination.

You may kiss my boots now if you still feel worthy.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

protip:
boot anyone with a name like smurfy, mr smurf, not a smurf or sir smurfalot; there is a high chance the player might be a smurf
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Wow, now that you mention it, that makes a lot of sense. BTW, what's a smurf?
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

lol
Just look at the reponses:
Regret: hahaha you're butthurt noob
CA devs: CA doesn't have these problems! Play CA instead!
BA Pros: lol noob pley 1v1 kthxbai
Mods: Take this issue up with your autohost admin (where it fucking belongs)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

If you can't find an autohost admin and/or she/he is incompetent we may deal with it for you.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

BA could add a gadget that prevents ally transporting unless that player has tagged their units for ally transport. Then again that would be annoying when trying to ally transport and griefers can always find a new way to grief.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

If your teammates are griefers, the game is doomed to failure from the start, regardless of what units happen to be capable of certain actions. There's nothing that a modder can do to prevent that situation.

I mean, I'd probably be in favor of a way to disable allied transports from moving your units, but the difference is only academic if your teammate is a jerk determined to be unhelpful.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Picking up allied units without extra hassle is actually useful.

...Besides picking up unsuspecting bombs too i mean. But really if I need to do extra safety measures against my allies, probably just best to change allies no matter what if you want a fun game.
Stealth870

Post by Stealth870 »

Google_Frog wrote:BA could add a gadget that prevents ally transporting unless that player has tagged their units for ally transport. Then again that would be annoying when trying to ally transport and griefers can always find a new way to grief.
Or we can just use this "ally transport" tagging on Comms, which can be autoenabled for when Comm is underfire?
aegis

Post by aegis »

I was thinking it'd be cool to have the ability to "lend" units instead of "share" them... that is to say, you could both control them as if they were your own units, but the owner could take them back.
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

aegis wrote:I was thinking it'd be cool to have the ability to "lend" units instead of "share" them... that is to say, you could both control them as if they were your own units, but the owner could take them back.
Sounds like a grief plan.

Oops, I meant great.
lurker

Post by lurker »

You could make it so only the person shared to has control and it's tied to a visible time limit.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

i imagine this beeing able through a Gadget or engine side modifications. with engine side modification, it would be a lot of work, and most likely lead to many bugs, which is why nobody is going to do it there ;-)

Return to “Ingame Community”