Extra rank weight should NOT be added to Veteran accounts - Page 4

Extra rank weight should NOT be added to Veteran accounts

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

manored

Re: Extra rank weight should NOT be added to Veteran accounts

Post by manored »

MidKnight wrote:There's also the question of different mods: I am a blue star, but I suck at CA :P
True. Mysterious forces prevent it from ever getting implemented though.
JAZCASH wrote:How about no ranK!? That way everybody is equal! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay
That would be like not labelling your nuclear bombs as nuclear, then telling the bomber pillots of the whole nation to serve thenselves :)
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

YHCIR wrote:IMO 3 or more clan players on the same team should have much more weight.
This is perfectly in line with my view of the balancing problem. The worst unbalancing factor is CLANS. Individual players with more or less skill than their rank would indicate is much less of a problem.

Personally, I avoid joining servers with 3 or more guys from the same clan. There are exceptions of course, for instance when there are multiple guys from another clan present to balance things out a bit.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

zerver wrote:
YHCIR wrote:IMO 3 or more clan players on the same team should have much more weight.
This is perfectly in line with my view of the balancing problem. The worst unbalancing factor is CLANS. Individual players with more or less skill than their rank would indicate is much less of a problem.

Personally, I avoid joining servers with 3 or more guys from the same clan. There are exceptions of course, for instance when there are multiple guys from another clan present to balance things out a bit.
But some clans are worse than 3 random homeless people.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

zerver wrote:

LOL someone agrees with me wtf? i made a topic about this year ago, and only wannabe clan players came to whine "LET US PLAY TOGETHER :((((((" they dont care about balance, they care all about that they win with an excuse to play with "friends"

Even shitty clans can beat you when they teamplay, random team almost never teamplays, chances are 90% lose and 10% win if you play against clan with 5 clan players or more.
YHCIR

Post by YHCIR »

TradeMark wrote: Even shitty clans can beat you when they teamplay, random team almost never teamplays, chances are 90% lose and 10% win if you play against clan with 5 clan players or more.
Very true. What usually happens when clans play, is they have a plan and everyone is aware of, and follows it.

When playing with random people, there are only a limited number of tactics/plans you can execute by your own.

Even little things like airdrops, with another person making that atlas, it's so much faster and therefore more effective.

Yeh, some clans are terrible, but most are not.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

TradeMark wrote: Even shitty clans can beat you when they teamplay, random team almost never teamplays, chances are 90% lose and 10% win if you play against clan with 5 clan players or more.
thing is, shitty clans don't teamplay. If they do, they aren't shitty...
manored

Post by manored »

SwiftSpear wrote:
zerver wrote:

But some clans are worse than 3 random homeless people.
Either way they screw up balance bad. I dont think I ever had a game with a clan in one team and none in the other that was balanced :)
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

what if there was a forced 3 minute pause when eveyrone is ready, so the team has time ot organize? everyone should have on the screen something like this:

3 minutes team tactic time-out
choose a general tactic for your team, and asign individual roles to the team-mates. examples of tactics:
* nuke-rush
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

yeah that could be cool, but since we are impatient bastards, and cant wait even for 5 seconds, that wont just work.
Auswaschbar
Spring Developer

Post by Auswaschbar »

hoijui wrote:what if there was a forced 3 minute pause when eveyrone is ready, so the team has time ot organize? everyone should have on the screen something like this:

3 minutes team tactic time-out
choose a general tactic for your team, and asign individual roles to the team-mates. examples of tactics:
* nuke-rush
What do you think why we wait for everyone be ready? If you are not ready, do not push the (ready)button :idea:
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Team plan? We rarely have a plan. Just go and kill stuff.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

It would be good if the interface provided a quick way of telling your friends what you plan to do. This would eliminate problems such as too many people starting air or teching.

I'm thinking that before clicking ready, you select one or more from a list of predefined mod-specific strategies/tactics. Of course you could add your own too.

* T1 spam
* Teching/econ
* Large mechs
* Bomber run
* Stationary defenses
* Transports/airdrops
* Fighter shield
* Nuke rush :(
* LRPC spam
manored

Post by manored »

TradeMark wrote:yeah that could be cool, but since we are impatient bastards, and cant wait even for 5 seconds, that wont just work.
True :) And there would probally be epic disagreements in what tactic to take, since some players are quite individualistic, like players that dont wanna you to reclaim their wreck even if you can do that faster than then and arent wasting metal on some useless super stuff.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Zerver;

Or even better, you can hold ` and double click on your base and enter those ~8 chars it takes to inform others of your role.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

manored wrote:
TradeMark wrote:yeah that could be cool, but since we are impatient bastards, and cant wait even for 5 seconds, that wont just work.
True :) And there would probally be epic disagreements in what tactic to take, since some players are quite individualistic, like players that dont wanna you to reclaim their wreck even if you can do that faster than then and arent wasting metal on some useless super stuff.
lol yeah, few times i got dgunned my ass because i reclaimed my ally com which blew up on the frontline, jesus... cant just ask for the metal...
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

Auswaschbar wrote: What do you think why we wait for everyone be ready? If you are not ready, do not push the (ready)button :idea:
well.. then do the same thing before everyone presses ready, i do not care. the main point was to throw it into ppls minds that they could spend some time making a team tactics. of course, some ppl do not want to do that at all, as they are "individualistic", but as it is now, if you try to discus it with others before pressing ready, eveyrone is like a speed addict.. "i don't care tactics.. lets start now,... yeah yeah.. start now.. hehe.. wanne play.. press ready or kick.. fast, ..."
cause that is "just the way it is".
as we know, "people are strange", and if you tell them to take their time to make a team strategy, they might do so more likely. we do not have to create an extra time if you think thats bad (i can see that as a very valid argument), but having a standard widget just deisplaying a text as i described it, or something like zerver said is not a lot of work, is it? and therefore it might be worth the dev time.
..i will not do it though ;-)
manored

Post by manored »

Having your ass kicked should be enough incentive to develop a team strategy before starting, right? :)

If it is not, I dont think a little text will do the wonder.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Go clan up or be skilled enough to stay maverick. I stayed non-clanned for two years before finally giving in, I got tired of fighting my buds. Tired never had to clan up, he had the balls to go it alone. Etcetera.

Also, if you have nobody to clan with, go and find people from your real life to recruit. Spreading Spring is a service to the community.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

neddiedrow wrote: Also, if you have nobody to clan with, go and find people from your real life to recruit. Spreading Spring is a service to the community.
++ its moar fun to voicechat with ppl you know anyway.
[LBF]Vache

Post by [LBF]Vache »

clans are cool, they mostly reflect one's involvement into the game.

If you want to play good teamgames, joining a clan is a nice way to go, and if you want to join a good clan, learning how to be a good player prior to that is mandatory.

And i true the fact that clans like to pwn random teams. You even see 1 day clans with only smurfies do that, wich is particularly annoying. In the end though, the more i play, the more i have trouble understanding why that should piss people off.

I mean, having a random team is boring, having some guy on your team playing in another universe is boring too. Having good opponents is cool ! If you can't defeat them with a noob team, don't blame the clan :P

Return to “Ingame Community”