Tourney support. - Page 2

Tourney support.

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Re: Tourney support.

Post by Neddie »

iamacup wrote:ok most of the coding for this is done, im testing it with various players but it will need some ruleset etc, neddie is working on it :)
I'm making rule sets tailored for different content packages and different player counts, so it may be a while, even as much as a week before the preliminary rules are out. I'll see about the flexibility to add new tournament rules without making cup do everything manually.
iamacup

Re: Tourney support.

Post by iamacup »

rules are text based at the moment, if there is a query by either player then it goes to an admin to look at a replay.

for instance, when you initiate the tournament creation wizz you get asked questions by the robot about how you want it to be configured (mod, players blah blah - also possible auto host designation if i get round to writing it into springie (or get licho to)) and then you can stick some rules in (text based) which users will be presented with when they sign up to the tourney, they agree to these rules with the !agree command. player moderation works here because normally players will complain at the slightest deviation from rules, with enough admins you can easily fix these problems / disputes

when i release the source someone who understands the protocol better can make the bot force the auto host to have the correct settings OR invalidate the match if it is launched with the wrong settings, you cannot however validate things like combombing with a bot. AI maybe :P

dont worry about the rule wait, i will host a test tourney when im ready with some rubbish rules just to test the system.

no rush :D people have gone this long.

much love to neddie though, he will probly put more work into this than me ;-)

Return to “Ingame Community”