Mephistos Lair Ban Policy Revision - Page 7

Mephistos Lair Ban Policy Revision

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

sillynanny

Re: Mephistos Lair Ban Policy Revision

Post by sillynanny »

Actually we have auto map rotation (with dsd in almost every other slot) and still tabula and altored regularly get voted back to DSD.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i'm an admin there, i havent had any complaints, and i've only banned 2 or 3 people in the past few months (temp bans i might add)

if you arent happy with something that happened on the lair (admin abuse, somebody d-gunning you, etc) you have a few options of recourse... pming one of the admins works, posting in this thread works, and joining #the_lair channel and leaving a message works as well.

im not sure why mephistos picked the admins that he did, but here's what im guessing in terms of criteria:

-people who have no aspirations of controlling or exploting adminship (fewer ragebans, more intelligent decisions made by admins)
-people who are generally good sports and want everyone in the game to enjoy themselves as much as possible
-people from different timezones so that the autohost will generally always have an admin playing on it or at least in the lobby to reset it if it gets buggered up.

i would have handled the situations stated earlier differently, but i wasnt there... the only way that admin abuse and suchforth comes out is by people reporting it

in any case, regardless of whether you love or hate the server, mephistos_lair is still a contribution of effort and bandwidth to the community, please dont devalue someones effort to contribute, if anything offer constructive suggestions so that it can improve.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

I recently played a game where an admin (his name i forget, but mephisto was ingame, he heard our complaints) kicked someone from the enemy team for outplaying him (his ass got dropped on). I hope that guy is no longer admin, but TBH meph didn't seem too taken by it, he kind of ignored the whole thing.
Baladin

Post by Baladin »

I has an idea, stop giving these guys the attention they desire, its an auto host like all others, who cares?
sillynanny

Post by sillynanny »

BaNa wrote:I recently played a game where an admin (his name i forget, but mephisto was ingame, he heard our complaints) kicked someone from the enemy team for outplaying him (his ass got dropped on). I hope that guy is no longer admin, but TBH meph didn't seem too taken by it, he kind of ignored the whole thing.
Meph is often afk. But this report without an admin name is pretty useless.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

sillynanny wrote:
BaNa wrote:I recently played a game where an admin (his name i forget, but mephisto was ingame, he heard our complaints) kicked someone from the enemy team for outplaying him (his ass got dropped on). I hope that guy is no longer admin, but TBH meph didn't seem too taken by it, he kind of ignored the whole thing.
Meph is often afk. But this report without an admin name is pretty useless.
Meph was playing so i doubt he was afk.

I checked the re and it was firestalker.
sillynanny

Post by sillynanny »

BaNa wrote: I checked the re and it was firestalker.
Cool. Send me the replay. Upload it somewhere if you can, please.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

sillynanny wrote:
BaNa wrote: I checked the re and it was firestalker.
Cool. Send me the replay. Upload it somewhere if you can, please.
http://replays.adune.nl/?act=replay&id=203

here you go. you may need to rename your BA to BA631-1 ...
drolito

Post by drolito »

The other bots have no admin and no problem ... i dont understand why put "rules" ...

i think its only the willingness of a child to use the limited power he may have ...
sillynanny

Post by sillynanny »

Firestalker is no longer admin at the lair. Thank you for the replay.
sillynanny

Post by sillynanny »

drolito wrote:Ti dont understand why put "rules" ...
What rules? Don't kill your team? Yeah man we're total fascists. You can join the roll clan and fight the powa.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

drolito wrote:The other bots have no admin and no problem ... i dont understand why put "rules" ...
this from the guy who kicks people for comdropping on altored
Mephistos

Post by Mephistos »

The individual in question no longer has admin privs. I was there I handled it, so your claim that "nothing was done" is bunk.
Mephistos

Post by Mephistos »

You know, there's a lot of "bla bla bla injustice, wrong, bla bla they did that" that's completely unsubstantiated. To the fellow who provided the replay: Thanks. That's better.

However I was there at the time - when it happened it was raised to be on the spot. I gave the admin in question - who has been a problem in the past - I gave him a LOT OF SHIT.

What he did was completely unacceptable. And I suspect that a lot of the bullshit complaints about some of my other admins have been related to what he's also done...

So as for having "bad" or "crappy" admins. Well, one is gone. I've gotten rid of another one in the past too: [BLC]Bobbleurman.

.|..
Last edited by Mephistos on 12 Sep 2008, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

i still dont get all the drama over a BA dsd autohost O_o
sillynanny

Post by sillynanny »

The drama is mostly here. In the autohost itself people just play.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

what i meant is most games hosted are BA and the map played the most is DSD so find a BADSD game isnt hard if your banned big whoop... Its not like ur limited on choices...
bobbelurman

Post by bobbelurman »

What he did was completely unacceptable. And I suspect that a lot of the bullshit complaints about some of my other admins have been related to what he's also done...

So as for having "bad" or "crappy" admins. Well, one is gone. I've gotten rid of another one in the past too: [BLC]Bobbleurman.

Yeah that was probably a good idea, its not like I've ever adminned any of the long-time respected bots, nor did i either host any big team games of my own. So obviously I probably suck a lot at hosting. And when u have lvl3 non-owner admins that start removing other admins' rights for this and that reasons...meh no wonder u get a phailhost.

FUCKFACE.
sillynanny

Post by sillynanny »

Q.E.D.
Mephistos

Post by Mephistos »

bobbelurman wrote: Yeah that was probably a good idea, its not like I've ever adminned any of the long-time respected bots, nor did i either host any big team games of my own. So obviously I probably suck a lot at hosting. And when u have lvl3 non-owner admins that start removing other admins' rights for this and that reasons...meh no wonder u get a phailhost.
Yeah, a host so "phail" that you were banned after you kept showing up in the battle room to advertise other games... That sounds pretty damn phail to me.

So why does that make you so sore not to be admin on it now,if you have rights on so many respected, established (might I add often empty) bots?

Oh wait, did I mention the empty part? Oops. I guess I answered my own question.

Return to “Ingame Community”