Mephistos Lair Ban Policy Revision

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Mephistos

Post by Mephistos »

After listening to a lot complaints from people because of the length and breadth of the ban list on my autohost I've decided it's time to revise the ban policy. I've listened to *everyone* to come up with the following policy which I'd like to make public here that my beloved admins are to use.

1) admins can ban arbitrarily for any reason .
2) the reason must include the phrase "your momma" when the ban is submitted
3) admins must sign their bans
4) bans can be lifted only after I personally review a replay of the ban, no replay no unban.
5) bans which occurred outside of the game are special cases

Let the flames begin.

-Mephistos

PS - the first two rules above are BS. Rule one is don't grief against your team, rule two is refer to rule number one. If you haven't read the whole post and are flaming you really are a retard.
sillynanny

Re: Mephistos Lair Ban Policy Revision

Post by sillynanny »

* grabs the world's smallest violin *
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

This would work better in a spring lobby channel then here. I have a suspicion that very few of your bannies actually post here.
Gota

Post by Gota »

im a banny..why did u ban grandmajoy??
Regret

Post by Regret »

get out of my spring nazi admin
pintle

Post by pintle »

I got banned after recapping mexes for an ally when he got flashrushpwnt on altored.

Dont care tbh, but you may want to consider the impact suck feats of arseholery may have on retaining new players.

Enjoy your 8v8 porcfesting.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

what I wouldn't give for a life without regret.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Machiosabre wrote:what I wouldn't give for a life without regret.
Voices would get your full approval, and you might even eat Comp1337's fruitcake pasta.
sillynanny

Post by sillynanny »

Gota wrote:im a banny..why did u ban grandmajoy??
pintle wrote:I got banned after recapping mexes for an ally when he got flashrushpwnt on altored.

Dont care tbh, but you may want to consider the impact suck feats of arseholery may have on retaining new players.
I don't believe i personally banned either of you. Do you have replays of your unfair bans? If we have rogue admins we also want to identify them so we can ban them.

I hear about arseholery... Is that your opinion on Mephisto's policy on who can use his resources? Really? You have an opinion?

Gentlemen, this may be your first dealings with BOFHs. Cry all you want, but we are fair. Show us unfairness that we can fix and we'll fix it.

Do remember that those that make the most noise are the people building landmines on your factory and the very back of DSD and then detonating them. When you defend these people, you only prove your own stupidity.
pintle

Post by pintle »

sillynanny wrote:I hear about arseholery... Is that your opinion on Mephisto's policy on who can use his resources? Really? You have an opinion?
Yep, opinion stated. As I said: Don't care, its just X number of DSD 8v8's ill miss out on, /cry. Just think about how incidents such as this will impact upon player retention.
sillynanny

Post by sillynanny »

pintle wrote: Yep, opinion stated. As I said: Don't care, its just X number of DSD 8v8's ill miss out on, /cry. Just think about how incidents such as this will impact upon player retention.
The funny thing about that soundbite you love so much is that we don't really host 8v8 for cpu limitations.

I think about how it will impact player retention and i think it will impact it much less than having games ruined by griefers.
pintle

Post by pintle »

pintle wrote:I got banned after recapping mexes for an ally when he got flashrushpwnt on altored.
If that is griefing wtf is teamplay?
tombom

Post by tombom »

I was going to look at this but you've disabled both !admins and !listbans on your autohost

Congratulations, you posted a topic not much cared about, left without replying - making somebody else do it for you, ban for utterly petty reasons and don't like to take responisibilty

fuckt his you're idiots
Regret

Post by Regret »

tombom wrote:I was going to look at this but you've disabled both !admins and !listbans on your autohost

Congratulations, you posted a topic not much cared about, left without replying - making somebody else do it for you, ban for utterly petty reasons and don't like to take responisibilty

fuckt his you're idiots
Truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
El Capitano

Post by El Capitano »

Mephistos wrote:PS - the first two rules above are BS. Rule one is don't grief against your team, rule two is refer to rule number one. If you haven't read the whole post and are flaming you really are a retard.
Please define griefing against your team.
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

Mephistos server is halarious, seriously, I heard that the whole roll clan has been banned because, get this, one guy messed around.

I mean, hahahaha, in 2 months they'll be only 6 people actually capable of getting on the server.
Mephistos

Post by Mephistos »

El Capitano wrote:
Mephistos wrote:PS - the first two rules above are BS. Rule one is don't grief against your team, rule two is refer to rule number one. If you haven't read the whole post and are flaming you really are a retard.
Please define griefing against your team.
Attacking your team (ie using artiliary again team's bases, dgunning team mates bases), comnapping, combombing your own team, stealing mex-spots in an agressive way (this one is usually open for debate). I'm sure there is more... This is what I can think of from the top of my head.
tombom

Post by tombom »

apparently he disabled !listbans because it caused his autohost to be banned for flooding

he also refuses to enable !admins because apparently one guy was impersonated while on a test server or something

i mean wtf

people are idiots
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

tombom wrote:apparently he disabled !listbans because it caused his autohost to be banned for flooding
loled
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

I don't see what's funny about that. If the autohost software is flawed then it seems like a reasonable workaround. If the guy is nice enough to provide an autohost server for members of the public to play on, then it's his right to do with it as he wants. Some people seem to think it's their god given right to consume other peoples cpu and bandwidth...

Return to “Ingame Community”