A plea to team players for aggression

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

I dont ask much of people i play with in team games.

I do not ask that you are good at the game.
I do not ask that you know how to run a good economy.
I do not ask that you know which units to build.
I do not ask that you know how to micro those units.

I ask one thing, and only one thing of you. I ask you for your unfettered, unqualified, complete and total aggression. I dont care if you fight badly, i just want you to fight. Fight, damnit. Out there on the battlefield and help me kill something.

Get out of your base. Put down the metal makers. Fight. Thats all you need to do. This, and this alone makes you a good teammate to have, and i will be happy with your performance, because i know you did your best (Even when im shouting at you and calling you a nub for losing your com).

It takes no skill to be aggressive. All it takes is a decision, a simple choice, to participate in the battle with your teammates and to be an active member of the team.

When we have lost the push, when we know we cannot advance any more, when the enemy forces us to fall back- then you may throw up defensive lines, retreat, and try to scramble up a barrier. When we all agree we shall make no more progress through aggression and must weather the waves of enemies to try and get back the advantage, then you may porc.

Not any earlier.
Neddie
Community Lead

Re: A plea to team players for aggression

Post by Neddie »

Saktoth wrote:I dont ask much of people i play with in team games.

I do not ask that you are good at the game.
I do not ask that you know how to run a good economy.
I do not ask that you know which units to build.
I do not ask that you know how to micro those units.

I ask one thing, and only one thing of you. I ask you for your unfettered, unqualified, complete and total aggression. I dont care if you fight badly, i just want you to fight. Fight, damnit. Out there on the battlefield and help me kill something.

Get out of your base. Put down the metal makers. Fight. Thats all you need to do. This, and this alone makes you a good teammate to have, and i will be happy with your performance, because i know you did your best (Even when im shouting at you and calling you a nub for losing your com).

It takes no skill to be aggressive. All it takes is a decision, a simple choice, to participate in the battle with your teammates and to be an active member of the team.

When we have lost the push, when we know we cannot advance any more, when the enemy forces us to fall back- then you may throw up defensive lines, retreat, and try to scramble up a barrier. When we all agree we shall make no more progress through aggression and must weather the waves of enemies to try and get back the advantage, then you may porc.

Not any earlier.
Note: Aggro Porc is still recommended, HLT & Wolverine spammers.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

[9:26:03 p.m.] <[]__> not gonna play a map i never saw before

and as a side note. GROW SOME BALLS PEOPLE. not playing because you haven't played on the map before is the WORST reason ever to not play. especially when theres 4 specs in the game and one more player is needed for balanced teams.
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

I though we are playing game to enjoy it. If someone doesn't want to play for any reason its his decision.
manored

Post by manored »

But not playing because you dont know the map means that you arent playing not because you dislike the map, but because you dont wanna lose, what I find stupid...

Unhappyfull there are some people who wont ever try to expand, will just make defenses around their bases and grow econ until they get raped, that is, wont do anything at all. There are also people who seen to be waiting to get 1000m income before doing anything.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW BIG OF A DPS BURST A SINGLE EXPLODING MMAKER CAN DO TO A FLASH HORDE NOOB?

You can be all important 'n stuff but deep down in your soul you realize its the efforts of those brave pioneers who strive to make big things to crush your enemy who will win the game for you, not those silly little t1 shits you cant even see when youre zoomed out.

FOR COMPARISON; a flash has like what? 600 hp? you aint gonna storm shit with that stuff, what you need is krogoth rush├óÔÇ×┬ó to win! that thing has laserbeams coming from its freaking eyes, and it throws several plasma balls like that villain in spiderman 1 and it CRUSHES units under its legs

now compare that shitty flash to the jesus-spidermanvillaingodzillamadeofmetal and think which one you want to have!

DONT LISTEN TO THIS MAN PEOPLE, KEEP RUSHING THOSE KROGOTHS├óÔÇ×┬ó!!
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

manored wrote:But not playing because you dont know the map means that you arent playing not because you dislike the map, but because you dont wanna lose, what I find stupid...
Not being able to play well/at your best is a reason to not join a team game because you don't want to let your team down.

Also I think many of the more passive players simply haven't come to grips with the game yet and don't know what to build for the attacks.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Really, on not knowing what to build KDR, it doesnt matter. Spam jeffies the whole game. Spam minelayers and try to kill him with the little green poof poof i dont care just go out and fight (And still, this isnt much of an excuse as if you ask anyone they'll just tell you to 'spaem flash').

If you actually go fight, you'll learn this stuff pretty fast. Its about being a good teammember, not a good player.
But not playing because you dont know the map means that you arent playing not because you dislike the map, but because you dont wanna lose, what I find stupid...
Sometimes, you just want to relax and not think too hard. You dont want to have to play in top form and adapt to a new situation and give it your best for your team. You want to play something familiar not because you're more likely to win but because its something you can do by reflex and you dont have to stress your poor, sore brain.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

A problem is that TA mods punish you for unsuccessful attacks since the wreckages will give your enemy extra metal so if you screw up not only have you wasted resources, you have given your enemies more resources.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

or everytime you push the other guy back the metal fields are free for you to reclaim

~~
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Not gonna do much pushing back if your attack force is made of units that don't get the fighting done, are you?
PRO_rANDY

Post by PRO_rANDY »

kdr wins sleksa loses
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Heh heh heh. True :P
smoth

Post by smoth »

Lol char rush.
knorke

Post by knorke »

dam, i was going to post the screenshot where i completly closed in my allies base with DTs so he could not get out but I think I lost it :/
It was not really mean because he never noticed anyway.
smoth

Post by smoth »

how does ally reclaim DT?
knorke

Post by knorke »

huh? :shock: :?:
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

blindly sending in troops can give the enemy free metal, it's annoying when allies do this. Also a llt or 2 in a chokepoint while advancing can be useful.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

smoth wrote:how does ally reclaim DT?
Force a reclaim order on the DT directly, as if you are reclaiming one of your buildings.
MightySheep

Post by MightySheep »

i was playing with killumati at front on DSD and he really wanted to porc and i sed if u porc im gonna dgun ur base so he expands and i think he got carried away cos he walked his com all the way into the enemies base and got blown up.

Return to “Ingame Community”