people still play this game? - Page 2

people still play this game?

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Post by smoth »

There was a time saktoth, where players lauded AA for it's radical changes. They then began to master the units and did not wish for a change to come along and take their over specialized skill set.

This is why players like stagnation in games. Of course, some of us like seeing new stuff. Not like Ta players ever downloaded custom units in order to expand the perfect and balanced ta. There was never a demand for such a thing *sarcasm*.

You guys know that to me you are separate from the AA mutators making all that lovely soup.

*edited out minor grammar error*
Last edited by smoth on 01 Dec 2007, 22:46, edited 2 times in total.
tombom

Post by tombom »

yes ba trolling

how original
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

smoth wrote:There was a time saktoth, where players lauded AA for it's radical changes. They then began to master the units and did not wish for an change to come along and take their over specialized skill set.

Ofcourse i was always beaten even in the times of OTA and grew frustrated of this neverchanging game that i could never win

This is why players like stagnation in games. Of course, i like seeing new stuff because then i can re-enact all the games i lost in OTA times with bots i named after people i lost to because Ta players never downloaded custom units in order to expand the perfect and balanced ta. There was never a demand for such a thing for anyone else

You guys know that to me you are separate from the AA mutators making all that lovely soup. BUT my mod is different because it doesnt use metal and energy, and there are no metal extractors or any shit like that, in fact you cant win by spamming flash like all those OTA guys who were complete noobs and couldnt respect my supermacy, Also the commander is gone and replaced by a totally unique flying command(er) ship

KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Sleksa, your constant bawing about metal and energy is the reason I made Fibre (and you'll notice there are still E and M bars, I didn't ask for those, Spring just put them there). Until recently we didn't even have an option besides just accepting metal, energy and mexes as our econ because SPRING IS HARDCODED FOR THAT SILLYNESS. You make it sound like we used E/M, mex, etc because we liked the idea, we did because there was NO OTHER WAY TO GET ECON IN SPRING. If Spring had the option for control points like most RTSes do these days you could bet your testicles that most non-TA mods would use them over mexes because mexes are a goddamn pain in the ass. What kind of army would place 50 little unarmed buildings all over a map in order to capture terrain? What kind of sillyness is it to force the player to send cons and make silly little buildings to mark his territory when the game is supposed to be about WW2 or whatever the source material is? Have you heard of armies in WW2 building ore mines everywhere to build their armies? Most of us DON'T WANT MEXES BECAUSE MEXES SUCK. We just want some form of territory control and the only way that could be done in Spring was to use those retarded mexes!
smoth

Post by smoth »

My point beyond what apparently was edited in an expression of certain people's outrage is that what made AA take over back in the day was also the fact that Caydr dared to change things. Look it up, there are posts where I give caydr huge props for having the idea of raising the scale of some units like the krogoth.

That dramatically changed things. Change can be good and maybe not daily or weekly changes but adding dramatic changes every so many months is surely acceptable. I can promise you each gundam release I change things dramatically. However, I set them up in digestible blocks and not that most people notice or care but there are serious changes in each version.

I wasn't trolling, I was saying that change can be good and most of the alphabet soup stuff isn't much of a change. I think people just assuming what I said applies to ba is short sighted. ESP when I have conceded to the fact that BA will remain stagnant.

*edit* kdr, also ignore sleksa's trolling he gets lols over it.

I request a moderator kindly remove the trolling.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

I request a moderator kindly remove the trolling.

you request a moderator delete your own posts?
Noruas
XTA Developer

mmm

Post by Noruas »

I can not wait for Zeppelin Annihilation.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

KDR_11k wrote:Sleksa, your constant bawing about metal and energy is the reason I made Fibre (and you'll notice there are still E and M bars, I didn't ask for those, Spring just put them there). Until recently we didn't even have an option besides just accepting metal, energy and mexes as our econ because SPRING IS HARDCODED FOR THAT SILLYNESS. You make it sound like we used E/M, mex, etc because we liked the idea, we did because there was NO OTHER WAY TO GET ECON IN SPRING. If Spring had the option for control points like most RTSes do these days you could bet your testicles that most non-TA mods would use them over mexes because mexes are a goddamn pain in the ass. What kind of army would place 50 little unarmed buildings all over a map in order to capture terrain? What kind of sillyness is it to force the player to send cons and make silly little buildings to mark his territory when the game is supposed to be about WW2 or whatever the source material is? Have you heard of armies in WW2 building ore mines everywhere to build their armies? Most of us DON'T WANT MEXES BECAUSE MEXES SUCK. We just want some form of territory control and the only way that could be done in Spring was to use those retarded mexes!
THE BEST POST IN THIS THREAD!
You make it sound like we used E/M, mex, etc because we liked the idea, we did because there was NO OTHER WAY TO GET ECON IN SPRING
You make it sound like we used E/M, mex, etc because we liked the idea, we did because there was NO OTHER WAY TO GET ECON IN SPRING
YOU DID NOT HAVE A CHOICE

ok i might be exagarrating the point now.

BUT, as you said, you did not have a choice. did optimus prime make a resource system that was something like homeworld where harvesters mine asteroids?

Did fang do a mod where he collects different resources with a harvester?

have the CA devs made a commander that has skills like wc3 heroes?

does any unit have a inventory yet?

does any unit have a aura?

NO

Spring engine is geared from the core to be ta 2.0

dont you think the s44 guys would want something else than a hacky workaround of energy to be used as supplies?

this is the reason i baww on the forums smoth, not because you suck(you do lulz but thats not the reason i cry on the forum) but rather that people would get their head up their ass and take a look at spring.

IT IS EFFECTIVELY TA

everything inside this thing is geared to run content from the game total annihilation.

dont believe me?

We need more people like kdr11.

fuck i almost want to punch him from jealousy. He didnt come here to bitch and complain, but instead he decided to show us all and make a fucking new resource system that has jack shit to do with total annihilation(might be wrong here again lols)

if you really want to call this thing a engine you need to wake up and do shit like kdr just did, even if it is just to fucking throw me back at my cave.

spring needs more people like kdr and SJ and less people who bitch and moan(including me)
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Sleksa wrote:spring needs more people like kdr and SJ and less people who bitch and moan(including me)
+1 for GTFO
smoth

Post by smoth »

Sleksa, and you keep making the same statement. I have answered you, and offered to discuss it via pm. A new resource system has already been laid out but I will not see it implemented over other things that I see as important. Yet you continue to rail me about it. Why? To get a response, preferably a flame. That is trolling, you can behave and I know you are more civil than this. Yet you press the issue at each opportunity.

I don't bother you or post in the BA thread. I acknowledged that BA will remain as is for all eternity and that is the way you like it. See I don't talk about BA when I talk about the alphabet soup because BA is going to change as much as the rock on my desk. There is no point wasting the effort on it.

However, asking me to drop all other work and hurriedly implement a resource system to shut you up is not right. Especially because you do it to acquire a negative response for your own lulz. Now if you really want to know what is planned or intend to dicuss it on an mature level. PM ME. Otherwise you can just stop pushing a pointless issue.

I have explained several times just as KDR has each time you ignore it and use that as your one counter point to sidetrack any conversation that you dislike. Mainly those involving the stagnant content that is the TA mods.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

FORUM SHOWDOWNNNNNN
smoth

Post by smoth »

I don't want a forum showdown. I want either sleksa to stop or explain why it is that he has a hard on for that one point which I have addressed repeatedly when I know he is intelligent. My only guess is that he is trying to troll as he has yet to acknowledge my answer or really accept that his gripe has been covered months and months ago.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Taking it to PM would be fine with me.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I'm going to second that, Matt.

Return to “Ingame Community”