CN and Cheating - Page 4

CN and Cheating

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

drolito wrote:Only one CN say that, he was too despite that we had won ... but it's not one of the most famous CN ... i have only seeing him during few weeks ... but i dont remember his fucking name :-(
I was thinking he was a smurf of flopflop ... :wink:
The current [CN] players are these:
[CN]Zydox
[CN]Plato
[CN]Goolash
[CN]phission
[CN]barbahaba
[CN]Valerian
[CN]Hael
[CN]Teutooni
[CN]DHunter
[CN]Labris

MIA:
[CN]YAN
[CN]Labris
drolito wrote:But its only a game zydox ... we won this for sure ... but we loose a lot against you or others :S
I don't care if we won or lost that battle... [DfD] isn't a bad clan imo...
What I care about is that you said that one [CN] player would have said "fuck, mother fucker, bitch" and stuff like that after a lost battle... that's what I wanna see for myself...
Day

Post by Day »

YAN = beleaguer and he joined PRO
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

Tim-the-maniac wrote:Now I see why zydox was so desperate for me to get on TS :-)
I (plato/ray) have lost my PC for about a month since last week so I couldnt cheat if I wanted. Maybe change thread title to "some CN and cheating"? :]
Also that combom hack was only to attack Tired and he asked for it.

edit: dunno if that second bit even makes sense :|
of course it does. combombing tired is always lolz
det

Post by det »

http://spring.clan-sy.com/wiki/Lineage. Fix for using com ends in team games that is available in the next version of Spring.
Tired

Post by Tired »

Licho wrote:While Plato (Ray) might be innocent in this cause, he did other nasty thing too. In regular 6v6 game, he took the comm into transport and flew it manually(FPS?) outside of map (to avoid any AA) and then comm bombed one ally in our back, killing him off completely.

I don't consider this cheating, in my eyes it's "merely" bug exploit. I also didnt care about it that game (because my team was already getting upper hand and eventually won despite this exploit) but when deciding who to play with, you might take this into notice as well.
I was the one that he bombed with that comm, and Licho was the host. This was also a case of a funny action in an obviously lost game - though annoying, cheating in this fashion has no result on the outcome of the game, so shouldn't be categorized with winning by cheats. All's fair if it's funny.

I should also point out that myself and an ally both saw what was happening, and started screaming at Licho to kick Ray 4 full minutes before the bomb actually hit. We'd been in pause wars for about 3 minutes of that, so there's no excuse for missing out on it. Licho did nothing at all. Then bomb hit, and THEN Licho started yapping about how he'd ban Ray from some autohosts. (He ended up kicking me instead because I typed pretty much what I've just typed above.) Cheating's nowhere near as annoying is Spring as sucky hosts are.

Stevie, as someone who's also played Spring waaaaaay too much, I'm surprised that you take issue with something this funny, no matter how mad you might've been at the time. No different than D-gunning each other's Solar panels for being in the wrong place in a team game that you know you're gonna win from the outset - kills the monotony a bit. ~~
manored

Post by manored »

det wrote:http://spring.clan-sy.com/wiki/Lineage. Fix for using com ends in team games that is available in the next version of Spring.
I think that thing of having to capture all units gave by comrades or they die after if their com is killed is a bit problematic. Maybe make the lineage change to the new team one after some time?
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Why do ppl seem to think I'm mad about the situation? I simply wanted people to know certain players were cheating over ts, so they can deal with it if they're in a game with said players.
Lineage mode ftw. :)
Goolash_

Post by Goolash_ »

BigSteve wrote:Why do ppl seem to think I'm mad about the situation? I simply wanted people to know certain players were cheating over ts, so they can deal with it if they're in a game with said players.
Lineage mode ftw. :)
Steve, I assume that you mean me by saying and that makes me upset. DIED 4TH!!! FFS! i couldn't have cheated... I died in the 16th minute of a 19-20 minute game.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

you dont seem to understand goolash, the problem people have is with GIVING ALL YOUR STUFF AWAY ON A COM ENDS GAME, THEN COMBOMBING AN OPPENTENT.

most people dont care either way about com bombing, its a perfectly valid tactic, what people care about is giving your stuff away before doing so on a com ends game, giving your team a massive (unfair) advantage ( if you are successful)
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

omg...

:roll:
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

Let's just say it wasn't hardcore cheating in a sense of planning to win a game unfairly, but rather ruining a game with general jerkyness after realizing you wouldn't win, normally I'd agree with Tired that it might've been ok if it was funny but the giving crap in com ends games has sort of lost it's comedic edge and you know ghosting over ts is just a bad thing to do even if it doesn't win you the match, as it fills people with distrust and paranoia.

anyways,
AF wrote:nice avatar machiosabre
lets expand on this subject, as it is far more interesting.

yes, it is quite nice isn't it?
Tired

Post by Tired »

Machiosabre wrote:Let's just say it wasn't hardcore cheating in a sense of planning to win a game unfairly, but rather ruining a game with general jerkyness after realizing you wouldn't win, normally I'd agree with Tired that it might've been ok if it was funny but this time it happened to *me clan!*, and I'm an angry Frenchman, so this time it's offensive h8 h8 h8!!!
Giving crap away and then comm bombing never loses its comedic edge. 8)

Oh, and Stevie, we always assume that you're angry now because you're living in Cananda.

I mean, CANANDA! <(O.o; )>
Last edited by Tired on 04 Jul 2007, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

I was speccing, it didn't happen to me at all :-

plus it never happens to me because I always argue the game is forfeit when people give on com ends and they get in to a big thing but nobody can win the argument because it's the internet and then and then, everyone loses.
Goolash_

Post by Goolash_ »

Cabbage wrote:you dont seem to understand goolash, the problem people have is with GIVING ALL YOUR STUFF AWAY ON A COM ENDS GAME, THEN COMBOMBING AN OPPENTENT.
Goolash wrote: If you dont wanna get com-bombed declare before the battle starts: "no combombing allowed" and then i'll follow the host's rules
What more do you want of me, to read minds? say it and i'll follow it.
Cabbage you know me a bit better than Steve does and you know that i'm not one who comes to ruin games, all i ask of you is to announce the rules before starting the game, dont expect to follow rules which are not known to me.

I always follow the hosts rules and if the rules are "no combombing" then I'll follow those and if the rules are "combombing allowed but don't give your stuff away" I'll follow those too.

I'm getting tired of you blaming me for cheating just for not being able to read minds. If you guys have any problem with me not following some un-written rule - then make it a written rule before the game starts and i will follow.

I hope after this post you will stop accusing me of cheating and other insults that i do not deserve.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

This whole thread makes me smile... in a sad way. The "cheating" happened at something like 15 minutes game time when the battle was already obviously lost. It was just a joke that we could still win by accurate combombing. Obviously it didn't work and Goolash even directed one combomb straight onto enemy AA, just for laughs. Its just sad how this childish prank by a few CN members made someone think the entire clan are hardcore cheaters who use every possible exploit to win.

About that share + combomb in com ends, I agree with Steve. Sharing in com ends if your commander is about to get raped is ok, but NOT sharing and then combombing an enemy commander.

P.S. Current nick is Teutooni, sry to confuse.. i was too lazy to create a new forum account :roll:
Tired

Post by Tired »

Ruin a clan's what now? You should know by now that only losers check these forums. =)
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

anyone who cares about team games should be banned
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Ishach wrote:anyone who cares about team games should be banned
Sometimes, Isaac, I summon up hope in humanity. Then you feed it to Tired.

Labris currently doesn't wear the clan tag.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

Icarus wrote:About that share + combomb in com ends, I agree with Steve. Sharing in com ends if your commander is about to get raped is ok, but NOT sharing and then combombing an enemy commander.
Why would it be OK to share your stuff if your commander about to blow, but not if you commbomb?
That sounds like real dodgy rules...

Where's the line "OK to share" line when your pushing with your commander then?
1 LLT range from the outer limit it's OK to share all your stuff if he blows... but not if he's walking into the enemys defence?

imo it almost sounds like we need a god damn referee moderating the battle... I think all should just follow the hardcoded rules of spring... if they are not enough... program new rules... (if you hate the current ones enough, lean to program and create new ones)

Return to “Ingame Community”