Recommendations & rules regarding (chat) bot usage on the server:
- As a bot owner, always ask the channel owner whether they agree with the bot being in their channel. This applies to #main too, owner being any of the Server Administrators.
- Don't complain if your bot gets kicked / banned / muted because you put it in a channel without asking the owner for permission first.
- Don't make your bot auto reconnect to the server if it's kicked, because if it's kicked then that's for a reason. If it reconnects, it may be banned.
- If you are a channel owner and you got a bot in your channel and you don't want it there, whether or not you wanted it there before: First, contact the bot owner and ask him to remove the bot from your channel (or use the bot's command to leave a channel). If he doesn't listen to you, contact a server moderator to kick/ban the bot.
- Do not connect a bot harmful to other users to the server. This includes but is not limited to bots with a !spam (or similar) command and bots that swear in public channels.
- Bots that message users or channels without the user, channel or channel owner giving explicit permission are looked upon very seriously. Read: a bot should only message a user or channel the answer/reply to the specific command that user or channel sent to that bot.
- Do not attack bots or use bots to attack other users or bots.
- Bots may not join/speak in #newbies
And last but not least:
Agreement.rtf wrote:You agree that the administrators and moderators of this server have the right to mute, kick or ban you at any time should they see fit.
This does apply to bots too, of course.