Problems with trolls in the lobby/forums

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

tombom

Post by tombom »

I'm somewhat sick of a certain group of people who feel it is their duty to try and ruin threads they don't like and be rude to anyone who holds a dissenting opinion. They regularly call for moderation if somebody says something they don't like. They have an arrogant attitude and refuse to talk sensibly. I've tried talking to them but a few of them seem to think that I'm a troll and say so every time I say something in the lobby. They seem to think that they can do whatever they like in the community. I'll say who they are if I have to but I think it's probably pretty obvious.

I realise this post is pretty flame-inciting, I just wish people would be a bit more polite. Most people can do it.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

*spam*
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

says tombom... did you get permission from randy?
BoredJoe

Post by BoredJoe »

I blame the french.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Fanger wrote:OH HOE HEOHEHEHOHEOHOHEOHEOHLELHOHLJOEHOHEOLLE

STICK IN THE MUD!!!!!!!!!!!
This is pretty much an example of what I'm saying. It's not even funny, just dumb pointless spam that's a little insulting.
Wasp wrote:says tombom... did you get permission from randy?
And again. :|
Last edited by tombom on 04 May 2007, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

*smoth looks around at the empty room... ok, who was it? It was MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

ME, ME, ME, OH, SOOOO ME!

seriously, what are we doin' in here? Tombom, just pm one of the active moderators, lordmatt or trepan should deal with the offensive person(s)
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

RANDY DAMN YOU TOMBOM... youve gone to far this time.. there is no longer civility amongst us manly persons...

RANDY SAVE US!!
tombom

Post by tombom »

Fanger wrote:RANDY DAMN YOU TOMBOM... youve gone to far this time.. there is no longer civility amongst us manly persons...

RANDY SAVE US!!
Fang, you're being a huge dick in the lobby right now. It's annoying and you're one of the people I'm talking about. You don't even try and be reasonable.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

tombom, you are one of the people Im talking about.. and until you get your stick OUT OF THE RANDY DARN MUD, Im not going to be reasonable..
tombom

Post by tombom »

Fanger wrote:tombom, you are one of the people Im talking about.. and until you get your stick OUT OF THE RANDY DARN MUD, Im not going to be reasonable..
I'm trying to be reasonable right now but I have no idea what you're even talking about.

stick-in-the-mud (st├âÔÇ×├é┬¡k'├âÔÇ×├é┬¡n-TH├âÔÇ░├óÔÇ×┬ó-m├âÔǪ├é┬¡d')
n. Informal., pl. stick-in-the-muds.

One who lacks initiative, imagination, or enthusiasm.

I don't think this really matters at all or applies to me :?
DemO

Post by DemO »

The "How to Fail at Spring" topic shouldn't have been locked imo. Only reason was because Fang and Smoth decided to go on some stupid troll mission to get the thread closed, and I don't even know why.

Personally I'd be interested to see what would have happened if it wasn't one of these two who killed the thread purposefully by trolling, and what would happen to this person.

Why the hell should you be exempt from the rules of the forum and some sort of moderation just because you are both mod makers who have "contributed to the community greatly"?

I've seen both Fang and Smoth in other threads get into flame wars with other people, either purposefully encouraged (usually by Fang) or by being a drama queen (smoth). Seriously, it is annoying. Usually I just ignore but its getting to the point where you sabotage threads on purpose to get them locked, even when you have NOTHING to contribute and the thread has NOTHING to do with you.

Both of you can be cool on lobby and equally act like complete assholes. I dont care about your real life issues because they don't concern me, but if you want to take out your feelings on something I'm sure you'd find a punch bag more effective than a freaking internet forum. Please, stop being jackasses, and please, moderators start being more pro-active about stopping this sort of shit.

The thead got locked where many of us wanted to continue to post/discuss/read because of 2 or 3 people who turned it into a troll war. Shouldnt these people be warned and told not to post in the thread then let the discussion continue?
Boirunner
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by Boirunner »

DemO wrote:true words
what this man said.
LathanStanley

Re: Problems with trolls in the lobby/forums

Post by LathanStanley »

tombom wrote:I'm somewhat sick of a certain group of people who feel it is their duty to try and ruin threads they don't like and be rude to anyone who holds a dissenting opinion. They regularly call for moderation if somebody says something they don't like. They have an arrogant attitude and refuse to talk sensibly. I've tried talking to them but a few of them seem to think that I'm a troll and say so every time I say something in the lobby. They seem to think that they can do whatever they like in the community. I'll say who they are if I have to but I think it's probably pretty obvious.

I realise this post is pretty flame-inciting, I just wish people would be a bit more polite. Most people can do it.
I just find most of your comments either insulting, or demeaning...
I was raised with a lesson of: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all..."

I think we could all learn from that. even me. :?
tombom

Re: Problems with trolls in the lobby/forums

Post by tombom »

LathanStanley wrote:I just find most of your comments either insulting, or demeaning...
I was raised with a lesson of: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all..."

I think we could all learn from that. even me. :?
If you took your own advice this thread would never have been made.
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

I never said anything deragatory to you, or anything direct to you that entire thread until you said this direct to me.
Please leave forever, nobody here wants you. You constantly act like a dick, you're a racist, you can't even take the time to spell right or use proper grammar. Your maps have never been played, you're not a good player and you've barely contributed to any mod. You started a flamewar because you can't take being told you're wrong. You tried to use postcounts and regdates to call yourself better than PRO_rANDY. In conclusion, get out.

now, I dunno about you, but that wasn't a very nice thing to say.

This wasn't the first, or only time either...
I hope you understand why I feel this way.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Yeah that was over the top and I apologise. I had only just woken up and I was a bit annoyed with how you were behaving. I think that was one of exactly two times I've ever said anything not particularly nice about you though and the other time was when you said you were a racist and proud of it. I thought you weren't acting particularly sensibly in that thread though; you'd managed to make a flamewar out of somebody disagreeing with you on a non-controversial subject with no provocation.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Cant believe that someone is saying im a troll.
tombom

Post by tombom »

TradeMark wrote:Cant believe that someone is saying im a troll.
When did anyone say that :?
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

I hear it in the lobby every day :(
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

Everyone points fingers, I've been labeled a troll too. :?

Return to “Ingame Community”