RAI v0.601 - Page 5

RAI v0.601

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

DJ

Post by DJ »

Another excellent release, just set it off on 1v1 vs KAI 0.12 . KAI won but only through nukes.

Only thing i did notice is RAI metal stalled as it was trying to build 2 fusions and an moho geo all at once - whilst using nano towers to assist factories. Perhaps you could give nano towers a wait command when metal or energy gets low?
Umrug

Post by Umrug »

YIIIIIIIIIIIIKES!!!!!!!
OMG A NEW RAI!!!!

* Runs away to try...
CaptainMaim

Post by CaptainMaim »

RAI 0.55 crashes when you capture a unit from it.
Reth
AI Developer

Post by Reth »

Capturing has been thoroughly tested so I doubt that there is a case where it could crash. But if you are absolutely sure about it, try giving more details.

However as far as crashing is concerned, the current version is a bit less stable than I would have hoped for and I will be posting the fix soon.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Congrats, Reth. This is the only AI I've tested that has played a decent match of my new game thus far. All of the other ones seem to just sit around, but RAI actually picked up the game and played fairly well!
CaptainMaim

Post by CaptainMaim »

He nuked me into the dust last time I played. KAI and AAI were just there to delay my untimely demise from the sprawling expanse of RAI's base. It did better than I'd anticipated.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Reth wrote:Yes, but probably not for another 1 or 2 weeks.
Please :)
CaptainMaim

Post by CaptainMaim »

Any plans to teach RAI to air drop units? If it could that it'd be awesome.
Reth
AI Developer

Post by Reth »

Its not high up on the list. At least, not in the next version.
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

Seems that RAI can't handle more than 2 players. I tried it on different maps with different mods, the results were the same.
When playing human vs RAI vs RAI vs RAI, only team 2 moved. Then I tested RAI vs RAI vs RAI vs RAI, only teams 1 and 2 moved. As for the other teams, the commanders were just standing there for the entire game, while in Final Frontier games they each built exactly one solar collector before idling for the rest of the game.

I am using RAIv0551.dll, by the way.

EDIT: After some more testing, it suddenly worked again. Don't know why, though.
Linebacker

Post by Linebacker »

Can you tell me how to teach RAI 501 to refrain from going for the water collar around the map IslandParadiseV2 and instead make use of the landmass? RAI will be short of resources and loses inevitably.
Reth
AI Developer

Post by Reth »

Can't be done at the moment, RAI does not use any kind of config. I do have some ideas on what could be used to completely prevent this kind of problem, but that won't be until the next release.
Linebacker

Post by Linebacker »

It's ok, lets wait until then. RAI is atm doing a very very good job imo. Thanks for your efforts, very well admired, honoured and appreciated. :-)
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

Any plans to teach RAI to air drop units? If it could that it'd be awesome.
It might be awesome, but wouldn't it make the AI less powerful? It's usually better just to build normal aircraft..
I've never seen the top players use air transports other than for dropping a com.
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

Transports can be used to drop con units into places they cannot get to otherwise (not all mods have aircons) or removing stuck units from factories (or wherever they got stuck), airdrops don't have to be a part of attack.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Some players also use them to speed up an attack with slow units.
But I agree I find it usually takes too much micro to be worth bothering :-)
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

in mods with tough transports dropping units in or behind the enemy base is win
localhosed

Post by localhosed »

Thank you for making RAI. I think RAI 0.551 plays very well in the Expand and Exterminate mod and it is very easy to use because it doesn't need configuration.

As of Expand and Exterminate version ~0.23, the Alien faction's units upgrade themselves with a morph command instead of building most other alien units. I don't think that RAI understands how to use this ; RAI controlling aliens never seems to morph its units.

Before this change I was impressed RAI could use the aliens at all, but it did very well. I wanted to bring this to the attention of the AI author.
Reth
AI Developer

Post by Reth »

it looks like they are defined as lua commands, effort wise it shouldn't be too hard to add the support for this, as long as some information about the command could be retrieved. But as far as I can tell, information about lua unit commands isn't accessible from the ai interface at all. If im right then there is no solution atm.
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

There is, but not a very clean one. You
can use the GetUnitCommands() callback
to search through a unit's commands for
any morph orders, but it requires knowing
the custom morph command ID (which is
not possible to obtain programmatically,
AFAIK anyway).

Return to “AI”