cap on unit buildtree

cap on unit buildtree

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

sanderbakkes

cap on unit buildtree

Post by sanderbakkes »

for a solid cross-AI evaluation of new strategies i need to force a cap on which units can be built, and which cannot. for instance, only being able to build the KBot-lab units would suffice (without an additional Construction KBot to disrupt things, of course)

i wonder if this is even possible on the level of an Engine tweak, since many AI's already have their buildtrees compiled into the .dll's (NTAI being a nice exception).
on the other hand, tweaking the XTA mod to only offer a few construction options seems infeasible as well :)

any leads are more than appreciated!
Argh

Post by Argh »

tweaking the XTA mod to only offer a few construction options seems infeasible as well
Welcome to Spring modding. It's not infeasible- about 5 minutes with Notepad will see you through. Just delete all of the sections out've Gamedata/Sidedata.tdf that are for buildtrees you don't want availble, and voila ;)
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

Just limit units when you host the game (theres a tab for it), then save the settings so you only have to do it once...
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

i thought some of the Ais didn't play nice when unit restrictions are applied (through the lobby client)
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

Suppose it would mess up learning tables for AAI, but no reason why NTAI wouldnt work...
sanderbakkes

Post by sanderbakkes »

at krogothe: thanks a bunch, as i was setting up the AI matches via the SpringSP interface i always missed that. the options presented look lovely :)

at argh: kind to welcome me :) no Sidedata.tdf file here. i tracked it down as being a unit description format originating from previous TA games. wonder if it is still used in new TA Spring versions? (and if yes, i wonder with what it ships of course). argh argh :)

Return to “AI”