AAI 0.70 released - Win + Linux version included - Page 2

AAI 0.70 released - Win + Linux version included

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

drafzzz

Post by drafzzz »

can i make AAI learn it self with a 4 bot game ????
or should i play alone against nly 1 AAI entity ????

maybe to play with more than 1 bot make AAI learn faster .. ? doesnt it ?
Sgt Doom

Post by Sgt Doom »

Dunno. In 2 games of FF, the amount of Broadside Dreadnaughts it took me to kill it rose from 2 to 12, losing many defences, constructors and other units along the way. So yeah, it learns quite quickly.

Broadside Dreadnaughts being the equivilant of a Krogoth or other 1337 unit.

One thing is for sure, it launches ferocious assaults as it learns.

I know it's Speedmetal, but it does the same damage on other maps, albeit slower.

(that pic was from a game of FF where I was playing as Core against AAI Arm. That bugger claimed one of my titans :()
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

drafzzz wrote:can i make AAI learn it self with a 4 bot game ????
or should i play alone against nly 1 AAI entity ????

maybe to play with more than 1 bot make AAI learn faster .. ? doesnt it ?
As far as I know, AAI learns when it sees one unit destroy another. I don't know if it's any unit at all or whether the killer or killed unit belongs to the AI.

Certainly the readme suggest playing against it and showing it the 'correct' use of different units - eg allow it to shoot your aircraft down with its AA units/defences. Beat on it with heavy tanks etc.

One problem that all the AIs have (tho maybe not KAI due to the map/radar cheat) is that there's no way for them to know what they were hit by if a projectile hits them from outside their los. For this reason, I don't think it learns properly about arillery or other long ranged units. I think to fix this, the AI interface would need to allow for detecting the projectile-firing-unit type even if it's beyond LOS. This seems fair, since as a human you know what Tremor / artillery / plasma cannon fire looks like even if you can't see it being fired. In fact, I will link this thread in a feature request since I think it would be a useful thing for the AI interface.

Edit: The feature request for this - http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6149
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

aai learns whenever it destroys an enemy or its unit get killed by an enemy within its los (otherwise it doesnt know whom it killed/who killed its units)

all instances share the unit learning files

the more units get killed, the faster it learns (or increase rate in general.cfg)

so in general four aais will learn faster than two. however its probably more effective to "show" the ai which units to use than waiting until aai figures that out itself

and again: anybody who think he's got a decent learning file for a certain mod, mail me so other players can profit from that as well
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

I vaguley remember seeing somewhere a comment that implied that learning would be sent back to a 'master server' so that all learning data could be collated - any comment on this Sub?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

That was an NTai feature that never got implemented
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

i dont know how to do that and infact i dont really like the idea. i dont like software that sends data away. apart from that we would have to think of a good way to merge data from several learning files first

however if af wants to go for the fist try im curious about the results :)
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

Well you could send the 2d-matrix of killer vs killed, tagging it with map type and other relevant data? Then merge with a global learning file in the same way as regular learning data is currently merged...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I have internal issues for NTai to sort out first todo with learning before I do anything like that.
Targon

Post by Targon »

Of all the mods that I tested AAI with (AA 2.11, E&E, E&E Epic, and XTAPE) only Xtape will play on water or land water maps without crashing with Ai.dll error. The crash only seems to happen with the other two mods want to build a shipyard or water factory.

I was just wondering if anyone has managed to get AAI to work on a water map with AA or E&E, or is this more than just my problem.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I'm too stupid to make a working profile for CvC, I've derived one from the AA profile and now AAI crashes the game the moment it spawns.
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

KDR_11k wrote:I'm too stupid to make a working profile for CvC, I've derived one from the AA profile and now AAI crashes the game the moment it spawns.
you *should only have to edit these lines in the AASS211.cfg file:

Code: Select all

SIDES 2
START_UNITS ARMCOM CORCOM
SIDE_NAMES Arm Core

SCOUTS 14 CORFAV ARMFAV ARMPEEP CORFINK ARMAWAC CORAWAC ARMFLEA ARMFAST ARMSH CORSH CORPT ARMPT ARMSPY CORSPY 
replace the names of the commanders, the names of the races and put a few/some scout on the list (and tell it how many different types there are)

AAI won't use scouts for fighting though ;)

Lastly you have to change the name so that the file has the same name as the archive the mod is packed in - for example the AASS211.cfg file belongs to the AASS211.sdz mod archive
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Okay, I've set the other values back to the ones in the AA cfg but it still crashes.

If it can't use scouts for fighting that's going to seriously cripple it since it'll have to use a pretty slow and expensive unit for scouting then or it won't be able to use basic combat units.

The log shows nothing of interest (mod config loaded, general config loaded) and the build table file contains only one entry.

Does it matter that CvC doesn't even have half the unit types the profile gives limits on (i.e. no aircraft or aircraft defense, no stationary artillery, no metal makers, etc)?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

does CvC have units building units too? AAI doesnt support that, which might be one cause.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Yep, it has that.
krogothe
AI Developer

Post by krogothe »

roughly how many games (30+mins each) till its near enough its full capacity? It seems to be getting smarter (10 or so games so far) but still plenty of EMP weapons for example...
its a great KAI sparring partner :)
centurion-1

Post by centurion-1 »

For some reason the new AAI doesnt work with Gear Commander, do i have to make a .cfg file for it or something? I'd love to try it out, NTAI is great on some maps but on others a disaster... :P
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Yep, it needs a cfg file.
Cyberwal

Post by Cyberwal »

Really like this ai :)
Scikar

Post by Scikar »

It's getting there with EE. It's quite aggressive once its economy picks up. However, it still sends AA tanks on their own to attack enemy bases, after 10 games. GD doesn't seem to build any helipads, URC builds VTOL plants but then spits out interceptors and leaves them sat all over its base, clogging things up. I've only played GD vs URC so I've never seen the interceptors do anything.

AAI techs up but it doesn't expand enough early on. I'm also not sure if it replaces mexes with advanced mexes (I'll check replays tomorrow when I have time). I haven't seen artillery very often either.

Good thing is, it's stable. Haven't seen 0.70 crash at all.

Return to “AI”