How to build x64 version of AI

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

submarine
AI Developer

How to build x64 version of AI

Post by submarine »

Hello,

with the latest 105 release for me the time has finally come to switch to x64.

I have a working setup of spring executable and lobby. However I am failing to run my self compiled AI. I assume it does still build a 32bit version.

So far, I tried the following:
1. Checkout the git commit tagged 105.0 .
2. Re-run "configure" and "generate" in Cmake
3. Trigger a new build of my AI.

I suppose I have to somehow switch to x64 builds in CMake. Searching for the appropriate settings, the only switch was BUILD/BUILD_BITS. Setting this to 64 seems to have no effect though. Can someone point me out what to do or link to the instructions?
ivand

Re: How to build x64 version of AI

Post by ivand »

Most likely all you need is to uninstall x32 flavor of mingw and install x64 instead (you are on Windows aren't you?). Then you will need to setup your build directory somewhere else or delete and reconfigure it again with cmake.
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

Thank you very much for the hint ivand!

After playing around with mingw installer, cmake, and messed up path variables for a few hours I finally got it to work :)
MechCommand

Post by MechCommand »

Can i add an AI to an spring game? For example tech Annihilation. I know it has dynamic robot defense but i would like to play a skirmish game with it. I know that AIs cant morph units yet i just want it to build bases and tiers of units one at the time. I dont really morhp units neither.

Return to “AI”